That's what the car charger is for, right? lol
    Hahah! Yup. By the way, I punked out and swapped over to my 9700. I dropped roughly 7 calls in only 40 minutes of on the move talk time. Can't tolerate that. I'll enjoy my 9000 and its buggy builds stationary, from my home, after work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 01:10 PM
    If .592 has good enough memory management, no app switcher bug...I'm willing to upgrade in hopes that my very minor call quality issues will disappear.
    It seems to be a safe bet that you will start off with less memory on .592. Also, the OS seems to be dribbling out memory in the first hours after reboot on a par with some of the worst of the more recent 5.0 builds (down 12MB for me in less than 6 hours). Whether it's going to stabilize at a certain, decent point -- the way .509 does after its memory dips down some -- is unknown.
    04-01-10 01:32 PM
    It seems to be a safe bet that you will start off with less memory on .592. Also, the OS seems to be dribbling out memory in the first hours after reboot on a par with some of the worst of the more recent 5.0 builds (down 12MB for me in less than 6 hours). Whether it's going to stabilize at a certain, decent point -- the way .509 does after its memory dips down some -- is unknown.
    So I've heard - but as you know as well as I do, the memory management gets better after a few days - and the starting point for memory is not nearly as important as the stabilizing point...unless we're talking about one of those people who need 50 apps installed.

On my 3 week uptime with .509 after a few days I dropped from 43MB to like 25-30MB and that sloooowly dropped to 14MB after another 2 weeks+

I definitely had some memory drain problems with .509 the first week or so but it got much better after that!
    04-01-10 01:53 PM
    So I'm downgrading back to .509 due to media processor busy error again. I had to downgrade from .554 because of the same error. I never had it on .509.

I did research the fault and found nothing related to the 9000 BOLD. Only the 8830 and 8330M folks seem to have the problem, but no clear answer as to what causes it and how to solve it.

Oh well, downgrading tonight.

04-01-10 02:04 PM
    So I've heard - but as you know as well as I do, the memory management gets better after a few days - and the starting point for memory is not nearly as important as the stabilizing point...unless we're talking about one of those people who need 50 apps installed.

On my 3 week uptime with .509 after a few days I dropped from 43MB to like 25-30MB and that sloooowly dropped to 14MB after another 2 weeks+

I definitely had some memory drain problems with .509 the first week or so but it got much better after that!
    That was almost exactly my experience with .509 (although I pulled the reboot trigger after a week a couple of times for reasons unrelated to memory).

I've already dropped even further, now down to 23 MB -- a drop of almost 15 MB now in six hours. So even if it does stabilize -- probably below 20MB, if it does -- it's a quicker and deeper drop than .509 (and of course from a lower starting point).

But as you said, it can take close to a week for things to shake out, so all of these first-day memory reports are probably pretty useless.
    04-01-10 02:05 PM
    Too bad, I've wanted to upgrade to this one. I've already downloaded it and was about to install it, but with all the comments about crappy this, crappy that, I think I'm gonna sit this 1 on the line.

I'm still running .509 and this is still working great. AND I'm crazy about the small icons/fonts on the homescreen of 3G and stuff
    04-01-10 02:31 PM
    Ok..fresh charge. Lost about 15% battery in 2.5 hours of light use. No apps running except messenger live.

04-01-10 02:46 PM
    I'm passing on this OS based on the comments and stuff. Thanks everyone for the feedback though.
    04-01-10 04:43 PM
    I've actually gained 2 MB in the almost 7 hours since I dropped down to 23 MB (from a restart memory of 37.6 MB). Can't say for sure, but that says to me that this build has stable memory a la .509 and does a good job recouping memory.

The memory is the only issue I've seen on this build, assuming one can call it an issue, and I'm not sure one can (other than starting off with somewhat lower memory). In all other respects, (and possibly all respects if the memory stays stable as it has) this is a superior build. But time will tell for sure.

04-01-10 08:47 PM
    Ok so I did a fresh install formatted reinstalled and restored my 3rd party apps. Firstly I used shrink a OS and before any apps installed I had 46mb after installation a d 41 right now with:
    Berryweather
    Documents to go
    Crackberry app launcher
    Msn messenger
    Google Maps
    Blackberry Messenger

After installation its in my opinion best to allow the OS to settle after a battery pull or two. After like an hour or so after all installations I found the OS to run prettyfast.. I can see a difference in the UI interface as it just zooms along. The bugs from the past are gone... well at least so far, wifi runs fast, call quality, honestly the best I've seen thus far clear clean no drop calls, I'm pretty happy bout that.
    Memory leaks...I haven't noticed none, been running according to the system uptime a lil over 3 hours with memory at 41 mbs . bbm constantly and browsing..(Obviously considering I'm making this post)
    Lastly my biggest issue I was concerned with was battery life. So far its not the worse but I can somewhat see a battery improvement, Still monitoring as I've been running it now for about 12 hours now.
    Reboot time is nice and fast can't complain good job there.

My issue hence far is charging it seems to not display the charging symboll consistently on the home screen and seems to stop charging awhile ...( This I have to monitor further as the clock display comes up but the icon remains the same when plugged in)
    This isn't a consistent problem just what I've observed.

So in all I'm pretty happy with this build very fast UI, seemingly better battery life well as far as bold 9000 battery life is (nun to shout about)
    Good call quality. stable, and great reboot time.

Last edited by Swifty166; 04-01-10 at 11:59 PM.
    04-01-10 10:28 PM
    I agree, to an extent, a superior build. There's 42 apps installed on this little puppy, and its been stable at 13k for 24 hours with very minimal hour-glassing.

Doctogofiles, smartwifi, and viigo on all the time with occasional dip to 8k, but it bounces back. Sorry, I'm not a bbm user, so I didn't install it.

One problem that has returned is that Viigo no longer displays the article's photo (or any images). This problem was in 509, but not 554. It seems to be back. Anyone else got this?

Overall, I like.

04-02-10 01:31 AM
    anyone encountered no notification icon for incoming IM and BBM messages in the Message Folder?
    04-02-10 05:06 AM
    Now at about 24 hours since the last reboot, and memory has been absolutely stable for about the last 18 hours, hovering around 25 MB.

Has anyone figured out why this OS is so much larger (i.e., around 20MB bigger in the download file and using up 4-5 MB more app memory)? I would think there would be a reason, but I have yet to see anything special in this build that would warrant it.
    04-02-10 07:54 AM
    Has anyone figured out why this OS is so much larger (i.e., around 20MB bigger in the download file and using up 4-5 MB more app memory)? I would think there would be a reason, but I have yet to see anything special in this build that would warrant it.
    I guess it's because it's All Language version, the extra MB is for the language packs.
    Regardless the tolerable bugs, I'm using it anyway coz of the Chinese language support that I need.
    04-02-10 09:34 AM
    anyone encountered no notification icon for incoming IM and BBM messages in the Message Folder?
    Nope, for me, the missing one is BB Application World icon.
    Regardless that the browser is awesomely fast, the Calendar is very-very lag.
    04-02-10 09:38 AM
    I just swore i was was done touching my OS until 6.0. 509 was so perfect. stable, fast,no issues at all and then last night the BAM! the crack got to me another leak, had to touch it it ,but so far very nice, only lost slscker on reinstall, but seems fine
    to me . I just wishi could stop touching the phone for every d*m leak! I am addicted!!
    04-02-10 09:50 AM
    I just swore i was was done touching my OS until 6.0. 509 was so perfect. stable, fast,no issues at all and then last night the BAM! the crack got to me another leak, had to touch it it ,but so far very nice, only lost slscker on reinstall, but seems fine
    to me . I just wishi could stop touching the phone for every d*m leak! I am addicted!!
    We all are! You are not alone in your addiction

04-02-10 09:57 AM
    Almost everyone on .554 had the app switcher bug with the web browser open - it's only in that specific scenario though.
    I tried that, had the browser open and went to the app switcher, still no problem, scrolls through normally.

As for battery killing reboots...I've never seen my battery go down more than 5% on .509 after a reboot.
    Usually that's only when you're at 100%. Every build I've tried in the last few months has given at least a 10% drop in battery after a reboot, sometimes up to 25 or 30%.

If .592 has good enough memory management, no app switcher bug...I'm willing to upgrade in hopes that my very minor call quality issues will disappear.
    Well I just installed .592 and the first thing I noticed is 5MB less free memory immediately after reboot. On .554 I had around 33MB, now .592 only gives me 28MB, plus it has dropped down to 23 in only a matter of minutes. Definitely not looking promising, more than likely going back to .554 if it keeps dropping.
    Oh, and not seeing the app switcher bug here either, haven't noticed if anyone has posted that it's gone for them but again, I never had it.
    04-02-10 09:59 AM
    We all are! You are not alone in your addiction

My name is ( --->Name here<---- ) and I'm a crackberry addict!!

I'll be the first to come out...
    My name is Swifty and I'm a crackberry addict.

04-02-10 10:03 AM
    Well I just installed .592 and the first thing I noticed is 5MB less free memory immediately after reboot. On .554 I had around 33MB, now .592 only gives me 28MB, plus it has dropped down to 23 in only a matter of minutes. Definitely not looking promising, more than likely going back to .554 if it keeps dropping.
    JasW's recent comments indicate that his memory has stabilized and started rising after a day or two of use. I'm hoping to have time to install .592 this afternoon or tonight considering the good reviews it's getting. I'd stick with .509 but the minor annoyance of choppiness in calls is enough for me to upgrade.
    04-02-10 10:05 AM
    I installed this directly on top of the last leaked OS without a wipe and using only Apploader as I always do and it was easy peasy lemon squeazy. As noted, it fixes the few bugs from the last OS and memory is a little lower, but nothing to whine about as still far better then the old 4.6 days. Scrolling and web browsing do seem smoother/snappier, but otherwise pretty indistinguishable from last build.
    04-02-10 10:20 AM
    JasW's recent comments indicate that his memory has stabilized and started rising after a day or two of use. I'm hoping to have time to install .592 this afternoon or tonight considering the good reviews it's getting. I'd stick with .509 but the minor annoyance of choppiness in calls is enough for me to upgrade.
    Probably if you start below 30 MB with this build -- that is, if you are currently starting below 35 MB with .509 or .544 -- you're not going to like it because the stabilization point (assuming it is relative to your starting app memory) would be in the mid-teens and below. For example, NoahFecks said he's now starting off at 28 MB with .592 -- if his experience is anything like mine, his memory would stablilize at around 14-15 MB (after dropping as low as 13 MB on the first dip). By which point he may well have rebooted and/or gone back to .554.

As always, though, who knows and YMMV.
    04-02-10 10:37 AM
    I've been very happy with .509 but I think I'll give this one a chance. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    04-02-10 11:07 AM
    My name is Costumed and I'm a crackberry addict!!
    04-02-10 11:20 AM
    I'm coming from .411 and so far (with about a day of use) this release is awesome.

Memory seems to be a lot more stable (that could be because i replaced tweetgenius w/ Twitter for Blackberry though). I usually reboot at night/in the morning because available memory is at 0.. but i'm staying around 20MB which is nice.

Call quality seemed fine, although I've only made a couple, short calls between installation and now.

Does the mute key just lock or is it standby as well?
    04-02-10 11:30 AM
218 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD