I can confirm the app switcher within browser is fixed. Deleting multiple SMS no longer freeze the phone either. Now I need to wait for a long threaded SMS to see if they fixed that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pks, yes, please let us know your findings about the SMS Freezing Threads bug/issue.
    04-01-10 03:58 AM
    Perhaps he means that the app switcher bug you've been suffering from was fixed in Willyboy's hybrid?
    If he had meant that, surely it would have been easy enough to say as much instead of just irrelevantly shilling like a deranged hybrid fanboy.

04-01-10 04:12 AM
    About 4 hours later..batter dropped from 70% to 30%. This is with the phone off and not in use as I was on an airplane.

04-01-10 05:10 AM
    This is the second leak after the irresistable stable .509
    So I am still curious about the reviews of you guys which are already using this OS.

But is it right that this leaked OS includes the official Blackberry Twitter App? And the message preview like the iPhone got?
    Last edited by christiaanvr; 04-01-10 at 06:46 AM.
    04-01-10 05:24 AM
    No twitter app in this leak. What's the message review?

04-01-10 05:42 AM
    You experiencing this problem with this OS only or even before that?

If it is only this time then try this..

1. disconnect your phone from PC
    2. launch DM
    3. connect phone with PC and let DM recognize the phone
    4. try doing restore backup now. check the DM log file if it freezes the computer again.

I used an older backup file and it worked like a charm. Maybe something was wrong with the backup I was trying to use??? Anyways I really like this build so far. Its only been a few hours but it feels snappier than the. Last few I've tried. I'll keep an eye on battery life and memory for the next couple days and report back. Unless there's another leak lol

04-01-10 05:54 AM
    If he had meant that, surely it would have been easy enough to say as much instead of just irrelevantly shilling like a deranged hybrid fanboy.

Yup, agreed.

04-01-10 06:55 AM
    Well, my phone had a 2% discharge rate while sitting all night. Seems pretty normal. We'll see how a day of use goes.
    04-01-10 07:22 AM
    by looking at all the posts there seems to be an issue with the boot up and battery life but then again it hasnt been released not too long ago so it will take a bit of time for it to function properly. ill probably wait a little longer and see what results other people get.

i usually test any new OS for about a few days. but im happy with the official so i cbfed doing it atm.
    No issues here with boot up or battery life. After my fourth or fifth reboot after installing, the reboot time seems more or less the same as .554. I got a 5% hit to the battery on the last of the reboots (I was connected to a charge source for the first ones).

You're right, though, there's no telling about certain things with a new OS until a couple of days have gone by, unless there is some glaring bug. The only noticeable change for the worse I have found is that there is a definite hit to app memory on the order of 4-5 MB. Hopefully, memory management has improved even more with this build so this won't matter too much, but we'll see. I'm not going to bet on it.
    04-01-10 07:39 AM
    anyone else notice this is the same platform as .554? That was actually the first thing I noticed when I downloaded.
    04-01-10 07:53 AM
    Sms preview like iphone?

what?
    where?
    when?
    how!?
    04-01-10 08:15 AM
    Working great here. Starts up fast and working fine. Installed it last night so still testing the waters. Didn't do any calls yet to see voice quality so will have to check that later.
    04-01-10 08:55 AM
    Well, Blackberry Bliss theme is causing a massive memory leak.
    Fresh boot at 38MB. 4 hours later 18MB. Wow.
    Also, every running app is lagging. IE: yahoo messenger, BBM, Facciabook especially lagged and very slow
    I am traveling throughout northern NJ & NY and constantly on the phone. So far only 3 dropped calls in approx 1 hour of talk time (all while mobile). For AT&T, that's pretty good.
    So, I am deleting BBerry Bliss and BeWeather Free and we will see what that does. So far I have resisted the urge to swap sims into my trusty 9700. Let's see if I last the day.

04-01-10 08:58 AM
    Well I just had to reboot my .509 after 3 weeks of uptime b/c my memory was allll the way down to 14MB lol...but I definitely am planning to give .592 a try later today as long as no glaring bugs are brought to light. I totally avoided .554 due to the app switcher bug and amazing-ness of .509.
    04-01-10 09:13 AM
    I seem to be missing Sudoku since 1 upgrade prior to this - has anyone else experienced this?
    how can I get it back?
    04-01-10 09:42 AM
    I seem to be missing Sudoku since 1 upgrade prior to this - has anyone else experienced this?
    how can I get it back?
    You will have to pull the .cod file from the earlier release and then install it on your phone using a utility like BBSAK.
    04-01-10 09:48 AM
    how can I get it back?
    I had that happen with .509 - I had backed up my 3rd party apps though - the .cod for it was in that folder so I used BBSAK to install it and it was back and working fine.
    04-01-10 09:49 AM
    I'll stick with .509. No complaints there..

04-01-10 11:10 AM
    I totally avoided .554 due to the app switcher bug and amazing-ness of .509.
    Funny, .509 was horrible with memory for me, serious leaks, couldn't last a day on it without having to reboot. .554 has been the absolute best with memory since .238, and I still have yet to see this app switcher bug everyone's been mentioning. Trackball works normally on it for me. Only issue I've seen with .554 is deleted SMS messages reappearing after a reboot, but that's really not a problem. Other than that, .554 has been quite perfect for me (aside from the battery-killing reboots, but that hasn't changed in any build), so I'm reluctant to step up to this new build.
    04-01-10 11:21 AM
    Funny, .509 was horrible with memory for me, serious leaks, couldn't last a day on it without having to reboot. .554 has been the absolute best with memory since .238, and I still have yet to see this app switcher bug everyone's been mentioning. Trackball works normally on it for me. Only issue I've seen with .554 is deleted SMS messages reappearing after a reboot, but that's really not a problem. Other than that, .554 has been quite perfect for me (aside from the battery-killing reboots, but that hasn't changed in any build), so I'm reluctant to step up to this new build.
    Yeah, that is odd -- .509 was the best at dealing with memory for me. I could easily go a week without rebooting. I would have probably kept on going without rebooting for a week but .554 came out. It was OK, but not as incredible for me memory-wise as .509 was.

Now it's been 4 hours since my last reboot on .592 and I've already dropped 10 MB, having done not much of anything on the phone. I'm going to see where I am at the 24 hour mark. If I have to do daily reboots with this thing (like with some much earlier 5.0 builds), forget it -- I'm going back two steps to .509.

I wonder what CX thinks of this build?
    04-01-10 11:50 AM
    I agree, .554 was incredible with memory. The App Switcher bug was only when you had the browser up, i believe. Scrolling the Apps, you would jump all over. I only saw it with the browser open.
    04-01-10 11:50 AM
    I forgot how awful battery life is on the 9000. I'm tethered to my car charger.

04-01-10 12:05 PM
    Almost everyone reporting their experiences on .509 raves about the memory stability. As I mentioned I just went 3 weeks without a reboot...which wasn't even a necessary reboot. I just decided 14MB was too low.

Almost everyone on .554 had the app switcher bug with the web browser open - it's only in that specific scenario though.

As for battery killing reboots...I've never seen my battery go down more than 5% on .509 after a reboot.

If .592 has good enough memory management, no app switcher bug...I'm willing to upgrade in hopes that my very minor call quality issues will disappear.
    04-01-10 12:33 PM
    I forgot how awful battery life is on the 9000. I'm tethered to my car charger.

That's what the car charger is for, right? lol
    04-01-10 12:37 PM
    Yeah, that is odd -- .509 was the best at dealing with memory for me. I could easily go a week without rebooting. I would have probably kept on going without rebooting for a week but .554 came out. It was OK, but not as incredible for me memory-wise as .509 was.

Now it's been 4 hours since my last reboot on .592 and I've already dropped 10 MB, having done not much of anything on the phone. I'm going to see where I am at the 24 hour mark. If I have to do daily reboots with this thing (like with some much earlier 5.0 builds), forget it -- I'm going back two steps to .509.

I wonder what CX thinks of this build?
    He tweeted something about it being the same platform version as .554
    Last edited by scook94; 04-01-10 at 12:44 PM.
    04-01-10 12:41 PM
218 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD