Downloading it now, but might not upgrade until I see more comments.
    03-31-10 08:45 PM
    Downloading it now, but might not upgrade until I see more comments.
    Same here. I didn't feel like taking the plunge with 554 but we shall see how this build works out for others.

Keep the comments coming my friends!
    03-31-10 09:19 PM
    Loaded/restored with no issues except that BB App world disappeared and had to be reinstalled. I had some issues with it on .554 as well. Has anyone else had difficulties?

Other than that, I had a slight memory decrease.

Side note: I don't know whether it's my phone or the recent leaks, but I've noticed an increase in the sensitivity of my keys. I often get double letters even after I've turned the Key Rate all the way down in options. Anybody noticed this or is it my phone?
    Last edited by billyhoyle13; 03-31-10 at 09:27 PM.
    03-31-10 09:24 PM
    So far, like billyhoyle above, appworld disappeared on this, as well as .554 (for the 2 hours I had it installed, shortest amount of time using an OS ever). My trackball is a bit hypersensitive. Example, I scrolled up to view billyhoyle's name and the page went all the way to the top post. That's strange. Sensitivity is default 70/70. Boot up after 2 hours has been the same as .554 - around 38MB and I'm using a Danielco Theme 'Berry Bliss' that uses transitions.
    Here's what I've noticed so far. Major lags on facebook. Its almost aggravating to keep it installed. Multitasking also noticed a lag. Hopefully this will work itself out over the next week. Too soon to give a fair review otherwise. I'm diggin it. Tomorrow is the real test. How long before my onslaught of dropped calls do I pull over, rip my sim out and shove it in my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 10:00 PM
    I can confirm the app switcher within browser is fixed. Deleting multiple SMS no longer freeze the phone either. Now I need to wait for a long threaded SMS to see if they fixed that...

03-31-10 10:04 PM
    for lack of a better word, it is a "bulkier" build. had the 5.0.0.554 installed before. The reboot is slower; slight memory decrease; browser is slower than last build. BB Twitter is ridiculously fast I will have to keep you updated on battery & memory leaks.
    03-31-10 10:10 PM
    Nothing scientific here, but downloading app world (since it disappears after the upgrade) was crazy fast over wifi.
    03-31-10 10:22 PM
    So far the browser seems slower on wifi and 3G compared to 509. Lost about 4-5 mb wih slingplayer, windows live messenger and scoremobile installed.

There should be changelogs with each new build...even if it's leaked.

03-31-10 10:44 PM
    Is the locking of the phone still the same as with the .554? Just wondering as I am still on .411........as mentioned above, will have to wait for a bit more feed back before jumping on board......

03-31-10 10:45 PM
    Installing now, I had weird battery problems with the last two builds so hopefully this will fix that. I was only getting about 8hrs of standby time. Maybe my battery is shot but it only happened after I started using a new OS. I will post in a while with my findings.
    03-31-10 10:53 PM
    Is the locking of the phone still the same as with the .554? Just wondering as I am still on .411........as mentioned above, will have to wait for a bit more feed back before jumping on board......

Same here.. I hate the hassle of downgrading.
    03-31-10 11:04 PM
    Bbm is fast as heck at reporting delivary. Line instant.

03-31-10 11:06 PM
    This build is awesome for me. Sms bugs are gone and the boot time is 70 seconds or below. 33.9 MB free on bootup

03-31-10 11:33 PM
    Wow! Battery pull just took 40% of my battery! When will that nonsense end?
    03-31-10 11:46 PM
    I might go back to 509. Went from 85% battery to 70% in about 45min to an hour of bbm and a little web browsing. No other apps are running.

03-31-10 11:55 PM
    OK - my observations so far.

Firstly, it's way to early to make judgements on this leak - either positive or negative

So here's some notes from the first few hours of use:

* First few reboots after install take longer than usual. Interestingly subsequent reboots seem to get a little faster. Right now (after 4 reboots), the phone is booting roughly the same speed as my other Bold 9000 running 4.6.0.144.

* Interface seems smooth and fast. No lag, all good.

* App World didn't appear until I reset the device.

* All other apps seem to be running well! Even fixed pacman which was freezing on .509 for some reason.

* App switching seems to be working fine.

* BBM is fine - seems to respond quicker too - sent, delivered, read updates seem fast.

* Browsing seems very quick over 3G. Not sure if it's faster or slower than .509, but it's fast enough for me not to notice.

* Far too early for anyone to comment on battery life yet. Will give a full charge overnight and let it run over the weekend - and see how it goes.

* Reception seems the same. Call quality may be a bit better, hard to tell.

Haven't found any big bugs yet, seems to be good so far!
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 04-01-10 at 12:54 AM.
    04-01-10 12:49 AM
    OK - my observations so far.

Firstly, it's way to early to make judgements on this leak - either positive or negative

So here's some notes from the first few hours of use:

* First few reboots after install take longer than usual. Interestingly subsequent reboots seem to get a little faster. Right now (after 4 reboots), the phone is booting roughly the same speed as my other Bold 9000 running 4.6.0.144.

* Interface seems smooth and fast. No lag, all good.

* App World didn't appear until I reset the device.

* All other apps seem to be running well! Even fixed pacman which was freezing on .509 for some reason.

* App switching seems to be working fine.

* BBM is fine - seems to respond quicker too - sent, delivered, read updates seem fast.

* Browsing seems very quick over 3G. Not sure if it's faster or slower than .509, but it's fast enough for me not to notice.

* Far too early for anyone to comment on battery life yet. Will give a full charge overnight and let it run over the weekend - and see how it goes.

* Reception seems the same. Call quality may be a bit better, hard to tell.

Haven't found any big bugs yet, seems to be good so far!
    How about trackball navigation? Someone made comments that it is highly sensitive in motion so asked.

Did you also tried with othe languages than Enligh? Since this leak OS ver is majorly with East Asia language packs so i wonder hows it performing with diff language input text.

whats the apps free memory before and after installation.
    04-01-10 01:31 AM
    And that has what to do with this leak of .592?
    Perhaps he means that the app switcher bug you've been suffering from was fixed in Willyboy's hybrid?

So far seeing nothing in this thread that will make me upgrade from the hybrid, unless someone can confirm the SMS issues have been resolved.
    04-01-10 01:57 AM
    Downloading now. I'll give it a try. If it doesn't fit my needs, I'll jump back to .509
    04-01-10 02:43 AM
    can anyone confirm if this build has sms preview?
    04-01-10 02:50 AM
    Anyone else having trouble restoring though DM?? DM just freezes up my whole computer every time I start and then the blackberry disconnects
    04-01-10 03:17 AM
    Yes but you have to have the supported theme on your phone in order to view the SMS preview.

I added my self as a contact in BBM contacts list and i observed this...

1. When i receive SMS it is displaying in BBM message but not showing in messages inbox.
    2. I removed self contact from BBM contact list and i am able to receive SMS normally in messages inbox.
    04-01-10 03:23 AM
    Yes but you have to have the supported theme on your phone in order to view the SMS preview.

I added my self as a contact in BBM contacts list and i observed this...

1. When i receive SMS it is displaying in BBM message but not showing in messages in-box.
    2. I removed self contact from BBM contact list and i am able to receive SMS normally in messages in-box.
    04-01-10 03:24 AM
    Anyone else having trouble restoring though DM?? DM just freezes up my whole computer every time I start and then the blackberry disconnects
    You experiencing this problem with this OS only or even before that?

If it is only this time then try this..

1. disconnect your phone from PC
    2. launch DM
    3. connect phone with PC and let DM recognize the phone
    4. try doing restore backup now. check the DM log file if it freezes the computer again.
    04-01-10 03:32 AM
    by looking at all the posts there seems to be an issue with the boot up and battery life but then again it hasnt been released not too long ago so it will take a bit of time for it to function properly. ill probably wait a little longer and see what results other people get.

i usually test any new OS for about a few days. but im happy with the official so i cbfed doing it atm.
    04-01-10 03:33 AM
218 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD