I don't believe you can block specific calls. At least I haven't found a solution.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    You can but it's not integrated within the OS. Atleast from what I've seen. I'm using my carrier software to block calls.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 03:38 PM
    OS7 users can block calls natively? Wow. I'm on BlackBerry 6, and I would love that feature.
    04-05-14 03:58 PM
    You can but it's not integrated within the OS. Atleast from what I've seen. I'm using my carrier software to block calls.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That's what I thought. I made a contact called "ingore" to add spam callers to. Its a workaround for now. This needs to be integrated into the OS.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 04:00 PM
    That's what I thought. I made a contact called "ingore" to add spam callers to. Its a workaround for now. This needs to be integrated into the OS.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Carrier app is more useful honestly. It will remember my settings across all phones with the same sim.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 04:02 PM
    Carrier app is more useful honestly. It will remember my settings across all phones with the same sim.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Do all carriers have an app?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 04:04 PM
    Apparently you can do it on AT&T.........for $4.99 per month. No thanks.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 04:07 PM
    Do all carriers have an app?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Comes for free for me on Rogers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 04:24 PM
    Firing the people that failed in the first place ? Hiring new fresh people To replace ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I've met a few BlackBerry UK guys from the 'new' Enterprise sales team, those who hadn't always done the job were previously from BlackBerry's retail sales team. No new blood.

They say the retail work dropped off a cliff, as we all know, so they were reassigned. This was done under Thorsten in 2012 but it may have been the UK Managing Director's decision at the time (he left the company last summer I think).

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    04-05-14 05:36 PM
    OS7 users can block calls natively? Wow. I'm on BlackBerry 6, and I would love that feature.
    I don't believe any BlackBerry OS version has native call blocking. At least I can't think of any that did. But I do know that BlackBerry phones have had the ability to do it with 3rd party apps for many years. Even real old devices like the BlackBerry 8100, from 2006, could use Call Blocker Pro.

Call blocking apps need to be able to run headless and that is one area where the legacy OS simply embarrasses BB10. My favorite BlackBerry app ever was QuickLaunch. The real BlackBerry users will remember and love QL. It was a must have app in pretty much everyone's opinion. QuickLaunch is a headless app that adds shortcuts for tons of things - Apps, functions, contacts, sound profiles and many others - and just makes using a BlackBerry so much more efficient.

Sadly, apps like QL and call blockers are really hard to do with BlackBerry 10 due to its multitasking and headless applications limitations. I'm guessing Dave's "software" solution isn't an actual app that runs on his phone and blocks the calls. I take it he must be going through rogers and have the calls blocked with them the same way you would with a feature phone.
    04-05-14 06:15 PM
    I don't believe any BlackBerry OS version has native call blocking. At least I can't think of any that did. But I do know that BlackBerry phones have had the ability to do it with 3rd party apps for many years. Even real old devices like the BlackBerry 8100, from 2006, could use Call Blocker Pro.

Call blocking apps need to be able to run headless and that is one area where the legacy OS simply embarrasses BB10. My favorite BlackBerry app ever was QuickLaunch. The real BlackBerry users will remember and love QL. It was a must have app in pretty much everyone's opinion. QuickLaunch is a headless app that adds shortcuts for tons of things - Apps, functions, contacts, sound profiles and many others - and just makes using a BlackBerry so much more efficient.

Sadly, apps like QL and call blockers are really hard to do with BlackBerry 10 due to its multitasking and headless applications limitations. I'm guessing Dave's "software" solution isn't an actual app that runs on his phone and blocks the calls. I take it he must be going through rogers and have the calls blocked with them the same way you would with a feature phone.
    There are headless call blocking apps on BB10....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 06:47 PM
    OS 7 will continue!-img_20140405_194843.png yes it is a app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 06:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140405_194843.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	428.7 KB 
ID:	261020 yes it is a app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    So the app actually runs headless and blocks the call as they come in? Or do you tell roger's the number to block and they block it for you?

I'm just curious if Rogers actually went to the trouble of making a headless call blocking app for BlackBerry 10. Like if you delete the app. Will the blocked numbers start coming through or will they all still be blocked based on your SIM card?

EDIT:

Never mind, I found the answer.

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/i...setLanguage=en

So your "call blocking app" is actually just a website where you can enter in the numbers for Rogers to block for you. You could uninstall the 1 Number app, and the calls will still be blocked because Rogers is blocking them, not the app installed on your BB10 phone.

Kind of isn't the same thing as a headless call blocking app like Call Blocker Pro is.
    Last edited by Raddin; 04-05-14 at 07:07 PM.
    04-05-14 06:53 PM
    So the app actually runs headless and blocks the call as they come in? Or do you tell roger's the number to block and they block it for you?

I'm just curious if Rogers actually went to the trouble of making a headless call blocking app for BlackBerry 10. Like if you delete the app. Will the blocked numbers start coming through or will they all still be blocked based on your SIM card?

EDIT:

Never mind, I found the answer.

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/i...setLanguage=en

So your "call blocking app" is actually just a website where you can enter in the numbers for Rogers to block for you. You could uninstall the 1 Number app, and the calls will still be blocked because Rogers is blocking them, not the app installed on your BB10 phone.

Kind of isn't the same thing as a headless call blocking app like Call Blocker Pro is.
    Hmm... yes? Running something headless uses resources and battery life. This way is much better.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 07:58 PM
    It doesn't need to be a headless app to do this job. This is one shot done deal you don't keep it open or running in the background.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 08:02 PM
    It doesn't need to be a headless app to do this job. This is one shot done deal you don't keep it open or running in the background.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    The dumbest dumb phone in the world can do that kind of call blocking.

There are headless call blocking apps on BB10....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Do you mind naming these apps? Or at least one of them. I've been searching for a good call blocking app for my Q10 and I can't seem to find a single one. The only thing I see is all these apps that claim to be a call blocker, but do nothing except for turn off ALL incoming calls (something that is a built in feature of the OS itself). I can't find a single app that will do what Call Block Pro for the legacy OS could do 5 years ago.

Specifically, I need the ability to add numbers to a blacklist. Any number on that blacklist gets blocked automatically without me needing to keep the app open or talk to my carrier.

Does BB10 have an app like that?
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-05-14 08:15 PM
    I was blocking calls the same way on iOS, so I don't know.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 08:33 PM
    I was blocking calls the same way on iOS, so I don't know.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That's a shame, all of your misinformation got my hopes up. Thought for a second that BlackBerry 10 had finally caught up to the call blocking functionality of BlackBerry OS 4.5, but I guess not yet.
    04-05-14 08:42 PM
    The dumbest dumb phone in the world can do that kind of call blocking.

Do you mind naming these apps? Or at least one of them. I've been searching for a good call blocking app for my Q10 and I can't seem to find a single one. The only thing I see is all these apps that claim to be a call blocker, but do nothing except for turn off ALL incoming calls (something that is a built in feature of the OS itself). I can't find a single app that will do what Call Block Pro for the legacy OS could do 5 years ago.

Specifically, I need the ability to add numbers to a blacklist. Any number on that blacklist gets blocked automatically without me needing to keep the app open or talk to my carrier.

Does BB10 have an app like that?
    I had an old Nokia that could do it. I just don't get it. BB10 will not be taken serious by people until they get their act together.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 09:39 PM
    I had an old Nokia that could do it. I just don't get it. BB10 will not be taken serious by people until they get their act together.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    iPhone only got this feature six months ago in iOS 7. Give BlackBerry a break, they are adding features to BB10 constantly, this one will come.

04-05-14 11:04 PM
    got the Lumia 625. and it's got that feature of call blocking per number, which is sweet
    04-05-14 11:12 PM
    got the Lumia 625. and it's got that feature of call blocking per number, which is sweet
    Integrated with OS or its a app ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 11:26 PM
    iPhone only got this feature six months ago in iOS 7. Give BlackBerry a break, they are adding features to BB10 constantly, this one will come.

That isn't an excuse. BlackBerry shouldn't be acting like newbs in the smartphone business. After all, the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, a device that is older than the first generation iPhone, could run headless apps. Including call blocking apps.

If they could figure it out 8 years ago, why in the world can't they do it now?
    04-05-14 11:33 PM
    It sucks that BlackBerry 10 doesn't have many headless apps.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    04-06-14 01:46 AM
    That's a shame, all of your misinformation got my hopes up. Thought for a second that BlackBerry 10 had finally caught up to the call blocking functionality of BlackBerry OS 4.5, but I guess not yet.
    Set a "Reply now" answer : "GTF out of my cloud"
    How to use the 'Reply Now' feature on BlackBerry 10.2.1 | CrackBerry.com
    04-06-14 03:34 AM
    I'm saddened that there are so many here who supposedly love BlackBerry, hope for the best and etc etc, yet despise the classic OS, I'm totally lost on that, and the subject makes some of the posters get vicious. Oh well. I can only assume I'm in a tiny and hated niche because I think a new run of BBOS devices is actually pretty cool. I loved BBOS because it's what brought me to BlackBerry in the first place and has served me well for some years past.

I find little point one way in the other on questioning John Chen's decisions with all this "going backwards" bologna. They aren't making it their foremost product, and besides, that man has done more and is worth more than most of us here, I don't think his decisions are uncalculated.
    "Despise" legacy BBOS? Not at all. Its just that the technical platform its based on has reached its natural limit. In fact, if BB10 version 10.0 was a bit more like BB7, I think BlackBerry would not be in the position it is today. But the solution is not extending BBOS. Instead, the solution is to carry over more of the features we loved in BBOS into the modern, future-ready BB10 OS.

An enormous amount of good ideas exist in BBOS. We'd be crazy not to take advantage of the work done there and incorporate much of it into BB10. But from a purely technical standpoint, BBOS is dated technology.

In other words, the *code* of BBOS is dated, but many of the *ideas* developed in it are just as relevant as they ever have been.
    04-06-14 03:57 AM
917 ... 2829303132 ...