BlackBerry must move to a model where BIS isn't the thing generating the revenue. They are trying, they are just really bad at almost everything they try.

Posted via CB10
    This is the heart of BlackBerry's financial problems. For the last year BlackBerry has not had a guaranteed or even a promising strategy for recouping revenue lost through reduced BIS and legacy BES data income from other revenue streams. BES10 CALs moving to an annual renewal model hasn't yet brought enough guaranteed income back in. Channels monetisation has only just started.

I feel that reliance on BIS and legacy BES data revenue made BlackBerry inherently inefficient in areas such as handset production. In the past it could afford to manufacture phones inefficiently and only break even or make a loss on hardware sales because they knew the service revenue would bail them out and cover up for loss makers and a lack of efficiency. Over time the 'guaranteed income' culture made BlackBerry fat and lazy. Man did they pay the price for that in 2013.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-03-14 11:11 AM
    Sounds like you're more worried about the carriers instead of BB and their users.

The fact that some carriers (3 Mobile UK) have stopped selling BB10 devices but still sell two BBOS models disproves your carriers not wanting BIS theory don't you think?

It would be the other way around if it were true.

#believeinfilm
    That's actually a good point. I look forward to his counter argument. It would make sense though that if carrier really didn't want to pay BIS fees that they would just stop carrying the devices....but im sure there is probably some agree between them and BlackBerry for that?...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:49 AM
    That's actually a good point. I look forward to his counter argument. It would make sense though that if carrier really didn't want to pay BIS fees that they would just stop carrying the devices....but im sure there is probably some agree between them and BlackBerry for that?...

Posted via CB10
    It's not the first time I make this point but it keeps getting ignored because it doesn't fit their theory.

My suspicion is carriers had nothing to do with the decision to drop BIS on BB10, it was probably because of technical issues.

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 01:03 PM
    Sounds like you're more worried about the carriers instead of BB and their users.

The fact that some carriers (3 Mobile UK) have stopped selling BB10 devices but still sell two BBOS models disproves your carriers not wanting BIS theory don't you think?

#believeinfilm
    Funny thing, I can point to many carriers in Malaysia, who are selling BlackBerry 10, and not actively selling BBOS (of any device) in their channels.

So, it has to be true that BBOS models are not appreciated by carriers here.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-03-14 01:06 PM
    Funny thing, I can point to many carriers in Malaysia, who are selling BlackBerry 10, and not actively selling BBOS (of any device) in their channels.

So, it has to be true that BBOS models are not appreciated by carriers here.
    Go ahead, show us, what carrier?

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 01:22 PM

#believeinfilm
    I'm not worried at all, simply explaining the business of why here in the US, the anything but BlackBerry is the carrier mentality. Most reps still thing BB10 uses BIS and "BIS bad", sell data hungry device. UK is behind in 4G deployment compared to the US, so your sales indicators are lagging behind too. UK is also starting to show same trends towards BlackBerry. Fact, in market with cheap data plans and/or high speed networks, carriers are pushing Android and iOS. The person in Malaysia even mentioned this which is why the Z3 push there.

The UK carriers not carrying BB10 doesn't disprove anything. All it says is that they may have bought way too many BBOS devices back in the day, and are still trying to get rid of them since they haven't been produced for a while. We know that carriers didn't buy much Bb10 stock at release because BlackBerry stuffed channels with as many BBOS devices as possible for years.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:40 PM

#believeinfilm
    Are you from Malaysia? Would you know?

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    04-03-14 03:43 PM
    Are you from Malaysia? Would you know?

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    I'm not, hence why I asked.

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 04:51 PM

#believeinfilm
    Celcom? https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/devices/blackberry

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:02 PM
    They don't appear to he selling any BB devices, BB10 or BBOS.

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 05:10 PM

#believeinfilm
    Perhaps that link isn't working for you but I see the Z30, Q10, and Q5 for sale.
    04-03-14 05:13 PM

#believeinfilm
    The only BB shows up for me is in the business section and it's a 9930

In the personal section there's nothing.

OS 7 will continue!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1396563763.860465.jpgOS 7 will continue!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1396563727.052354.jpg

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 05:22 PM
    Kind of proves my point, another carrier only selling BBOS.

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 05:23 PM
    I got this....

OS 7 will continue!-screen-shot-2014-04-03-6.23.44-pm.png
    04-03-14 05:24 PM
    You spelled Celcom wrong...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:24 PM
    It does not matter. BBOS will never make a come back. They have never made a good all touch BB7 device and the app developers will never return. This run is just a life preserver. This not to say that the Bold is a bad phone. Given a very limited assignment it works quite well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    johnnyuk, extisis and kbz1960 like this.
    04-03-14 06:57 PM
    Kind of proves my point, another carrier only selling BBOS.

#believeinfilm
    fail.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-03-14 08:19 PM
    The workhorse OS7 has a few more productive years, and it sells, which is a good thing.
    acovey likes this.
    04-03-14 09:21 PM
    The workhorse OS7 has a few more productive years, and it sells, which is a good thing.
    But on an accelerating downward trajectory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-03-14 09:59 PM
    a good thing for how long? and what do you mean by productive? it's just the same BBOS that we've grown to love and let go.
    04-03-14 11:44 PM
    fail.
    Actually your fail, I might've ended up on the wrong website but it's still another carrier that only sells BBOS and no BB10.

Fail.

#believeinfilm
    04-04-14 12:16 AM
    Actually your fail, I might've ended up on the wrong website but it's still another carrier that only sells BBOS and no BB10.

Fail.

#believeinfilm
    I just pointed out that your logic is flawed because you insisted on playing the "LOOK! OMG its only BBOS DEVICES no BB10 devices OMFGOMFGIJIZZBBOSISGODBB10IZFAILZ" game.

Since after being correctly pointed that celcom malaysia shows up BB10 devices... and you decide to say "But in cellcom they sell BBOS only devices yada yada OMFGOMFGIJIZZBBOSISGODBB10IZFAILZ"... and you probably forgot... Celcom Malaysia Celcom of Axiata Alliance. You did not even get the Celcom part correct.

And I can point out other telcos in Malaysia too, how they changed. Including the promotions from the sole appointed importer-distributor, Brighstar and Brightpoint.

If you really want to play this game, I can.

But I do not want to embarass you further with that flawed logic of yours.

Just accept that your logic is flawed about "if there are no BB10 devices but there are BBOS devices, then I must be right that BBOS>BB10".

because, you are wrong, and the logic is flawed. Because you made the claim and I countered it solidly enough to prove that the logic you subscribed to is flawed at its very core.
    thurask, extisis and gleas293 like this.
    04-04-14 12:30 AM
    I just pointed out that your logic is flawed because you insisted on playing the "LOOK! OMG its only BBOS DEVICES no BB10 devices OMFGOMFGIJIZZBBOSISGODBB10IZFAILZ" game.

Since after being correctly pointed that celcom malaysia shows up BB10 devices... and you decide to say "But in cellcom they sell BBOS only devices yada yada OMFGOMFGIJIZZBBOSISGODBB10IZFAILZ"... and you probably forgot... Celcom Malaysia Celcom of Axiata Alliance. You did not even get the Celcom part correct.

And I can point out other telcos in Malaysia too, how they changed. Including the promotions from the sole appointed importer-distributor, Brighstar and Brightpoint.

If you really want to play this game, I can.

But I do not want to embarass you further with that flawed logic of yours.

Just accept that your logic is flawed about "if there are no BB10 devices but there are BBOS devices, then I must be right that BBOS>BB10".

because, you are wrong, and the logic is flawed. Because you made the claim and I countered it solidly enough to prove that the logic you subscribed to is flawed at its very core.

Calm down dear, you'll pop a vein. Malaysia is the exemption that confirms the rule.

#believeinfilm
    04-04-14 12:43 AM
    a good thing for how long? and what do you mean by productive? it's just the same BBOS that we've grown to love and let go.
    It's a legacy OS & hardware and it's continued production value depends on its targeted consumer, which is probably developing countries.

Productive? The core BlackBerry features of OS 7 may be most useful in countries where people mostly communicate by text.

OS 7, its not going to share "equal billing" with BB10 into the future. Maybe the current production run is the last. I think the current sales are being driven by overseas markets.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:46 AM
    Calm down dear, you'll pop a vein. Malaysia is the exemption that confirms the rule.

#believeinfilm
    See you in a few months when BB7 is selling less than BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 12:48 AM
917 ... 2526272829 ...