Touche. But the UK market is only one.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    What carriers still sell the 9900 in US?

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 10:20 AM
    What carriers still sell the 9900 in US?

#believeinfilm
    Actually a few do. Not all of them. I don't recall seeing one when I went into verizon to look at the Z30. It's just crazy that they sell them for more than the BB10 devices on contract though. Every time I've seen the device, it's still $200-220 on a two year contract which is crazy in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 10:50 AM
    Touche. But the UK market is only one.

A minuscule one if you're only talking BBOS. I'm surprised you've stuck around here for this long man lol the same bologna gets repeated by some who I won't name in this thread (because I don't have to) ;-)

Posted via CB10
    coldRooster likes this.
    04-02-14 12:12 PM
    Actually a few do. Not all of them. I don't recall seeing one when I went into verizon to look at the Z30. It's just crazy that they sell them for more than the BB10 devices on contract though. Every time I've seen the device, it's still $200-220 on a two year contract which is crazy in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    Verizon sells the 9930 which is a very limited CDMA market, check who still sells the 9900.

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 12:18 PM
    there was nothing wrong with the BBOS experience in the first place, although the platform had it problems but the UI and UX was perfected.
    There you go again, acting like your personal subjective opinions are 'facts' and that everyone sees the world the way you do. I know plenty of people who hated the UX of BlackBerry OS, which is why they switched in the first place. You may think it was perfect, but I bet you many of the 18 million Americans who defected BlackBerry between September 2010 and today disagree with you on this.

#believeinfilm[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 04-02-14 at 01:56 PM.
    04-02-14 12:20 PM
    A minuscule one if you're only talking BBOS. I'm surprised you've stuck around here for this long man lol the same bologna gets repeated by some who I won't name in this thread (because I don't have to) ;-)

Posted via CB10
    It's entertaining to see how obstinate people can be

04-02-14 01:09 PM
    Verizon sells the 9930 which is a very limited CDMA market, check who still sells the 9900.

#believeinfilm
    You're right. It's not many. My local carrier Cincinnati Bell still does ($200 on contract smh), and last time I was in a AT&T store they had it but this was last year. I'm looking at their Web site and they have "like-new" 9900's lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:27 PM
    Okay, I read nine pages and decided to do the unthinkable...post anyway without reading to the end.

My impressions:

1. A "production run" is the production of a number of devices of some existing model, not a new model. If it were a new model, you'd say that. A production run involves no retooling expenses. If it's in any way different from the previously sold units it would be in terms of parts that can be substituted without retooling. Retooling is expensive. Those parts would also have to involve no tweaks to the OS, to keep costs down.

2. This move is simply a way to cash in on existing demand for these legacy devices. As long as that demand exists and devices can be sold at a profit to fill it, there's justification for doing so. It's a way to make money without spending much.

3. These phones have little or nothing to do with the consumer market, and thus nothing to do with "what consumers want." We already know that the consumer market walked away from legacy BlackBerry. This is for that segment of the business market that hasn't yet defected.

4. I see this move as signalling an intention to bring BB10 into better conformity with BBOS functionality. This production run is also a way of retaining corporate customers while this takes place, by giving them less reason to move to other platforms in the meantime.

5. I don't see this as a commitment to keeping BBOS around in perpetuity, or to developing it in any significant way (beyond maintenance and bug fixes).

6. I think it's an interesting open question whether this move signals an intention to integrate BIS into BB10 somehow. I doubt it, but who knows?

Now I'll go back to reading the rest of the thread and regretting posting this.
    04-02-14 01:31 PM
    Okay, I read nine pages and decided to do the unthinkable...post anyway without reading to the end.

My impressions:

1. A "production run" is the production of a number of devices of some existing model, not a new model. If it were a new model, you'd say that. A production run involves no retooling expenses. If it's in any way different from the previously sold units it would be in terms of parts that can be substituted without retooling. Retooling is expensive. Those parts would also have to involve no tweaks to the OS, to keep costs down.

2. This move is simply a way to cash in on existing demand for these legacy devices. As long as that demand exists and devices can be sold at a profit to fill it, there's justification for doing so. It's a way to make money without spending much.

3. These phones have little or nothing to do with the consumer market, and thus nothing to do with "what consumers want." We already know that the consumer market walked away from legacy BlackBerry. This is for that segment of the business market that hasn't yet defected.

4. I see this move as signalling an intention to bring BB10 into better conformity with BBOS functionality. This production run is also a way of retaining corporate customers while this takes place, by giving them less reason to move to other platforms in the meantime.

5. I don't see this as a commitment to keeping BBOS around in perpetuity, or to developing it in any significant way (beyond maintenance and bug fixes).

6. I think it's an interesting open question whether this move signals an intention to integrate BIS into BB10 somehow. I doubt it, but who knows?

Now I'll go back to reading the rest of the thread and regretting posting this.
    Nope. This is spot on. And shatters the hopes and dreams of Belfastdispatcher lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 03:01 PM
    Nope. This is spot on. And shatters the hopes and dreams of Belfastdispatcher lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I don't know... that BIS integration part could be a good thing for him. although he also calls BB10 a failure as an OS. Pick your poison.

Posted via CB10
    coldRooster likes this.
    04-02-14 03:12 PM
    @unizmo, one important factor you missed, it will be built by a new company, so tooling/retooling has to be done either way. Plus do you really thing all the exact same third party parts are still available for BB to buy in order to build the exact same 9900 or 9790?

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 03:28 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Not so fast, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. You might be eating your words soon, and it wouldn't be the first time either, remember all those people that dismissed my "predictions"?

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 03:30 PM
    I don't know... that BIS integration part could be a good thing for him. although he also calls BB10 a failure as an OS. Pick your poison.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is the better platform over legacy... that much is clear... especially with devs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    extisis likes this.
    04-02-14 04:00 PM
    Not so fast, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. You might be eating your words soon, and it wouldn't be the first time either, remember all those people that dismissed my "predictions"?

#believeinfilm
    I remember the predictions very well. You also clearly said that BlackBerry would abandon BB10 and support BB7... now you might of modified the predictions later.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 04:02 PM
    I remember the predictions very well. You also clearly said that BlackBerry would abandon BB10 and support BB7... now you might of modified the predictions later.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    that's exactly what he said, but obviously might pull up some modified comment that he said after the facts come in, just to support his opinion.
    04-02-14 04:11 PM
    BB10 is the better platform over legacy... that much is clear... especially with devs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yeah, except with actual customers.

#believeinfilm
    Raddin likes this.
    04-02-14 04:56 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Lmao, please show me where I said that. You're just making stuff up now.

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 04:57 PM
    Back on topic. I just hope that these OS 7 reruns give them the time they need. And it's great legacy users get what they want.
    Rello and anon(8063781) like this.
    04-02-14 05:20 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141

I mean no disrespect here, but how would you know?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't you admitted to having never owned a single legacy device? Didn't you go from never owning a BlackBerry to owning the PlayBook and then the Z10?

If that really is the case, as your previous posts here would suggest, I can't help but find it ironic that your only experiences with BlackBerry are based on the two largest commercial failures in their entire history.
    04-02-14 05:33 PM
    I mean no disrespect here, but how would you know?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't you admitted to having never owned a single legacy device? Didn't you go from never owning a BlackBerry to owning the PlayBook and then the Z10?

If that really is the case, as your previous posts here would suggest, I can't help but find it ironic that your only experiences with BlackBerry are based on the two largest commercial failures in their entire history.
    I'm also curious with that 20 post count. Not that it matters right ? !!? How do I know ? Well I know for the very reason that general consumers who experience BB10 to the fullest are immediately sold. Those same people would never consider legacy BlackBerry and developers do actually prefer BB10 because it parallels with android and iOS. BB7 did not.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 05:38 PM
    I'm also curious with that 20 post count. Not that it matters right ? !!? How do I know ? Well I know for the very reason that general consumers who experience BB10 to the fullest are immediately sold. Those same people would never consider legacy BlackBerry and developers do actually prefer BB10 because it parallels with android and iOS. BB7 did not.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Ah, I see.

I wonder how many other people here are like Dave and are constantly knocking the legacy OS without even having used it.

Oh well. I'll let you happily get back to knocking the only thing that has been keeping BlackBerry alive now.
    04-02-14 05:44 PM
    I've used a legacy BB device as my daily driver before, but it wasn't running OS 7, it was a curve 8530 running OS 5. I actually miss it sometimes!

The recent announcement of continued Bold production and OS 7 support has actually inspired me to buy a used Bold 9930 to have as a cheap backup device, and so I can experience first-hand what is keeping legacy users happy and hooked.

My BlackBerry collection is growing (I still have the Curve 8530)!
    Raddin likes this.
    04-02-14 05:46 PM
    Ah, I see.

I wonder how many other people here are like Dave and are constantly knocking the legacy OS without even having used it.

Oh well. I'll let you happily get back to knocking the only thing that has been keeping BlackBerry alive now.
    I'm not knocking... I'm telling you BB7 isn't the future and BB10 needs to be pushed greatly.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 05:47 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Lol come on Dave....u can't do that lol. That ain't no different than the people who knock BB10 yet have never tried it. You wouldn't want them commenting on something they've never experienced would u?

No but I do agree with u. BBOS had its advantages, and I can see why people like Belfast love it so much, but I love BB10 much more. That's just my opinion though

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 05:55 PM
    Lol come on Dave....u can't do that lol. That ain't no different than the people who knock BB10 yet have never tried it. You wouldn't want them commenting on something they've never experienced would u?

No but I do agree with u. BBOS had its advantages, and I can see why people like Belfast love it so much, but I love BB10 much more. That's just my opinion though

Posted via CB10
    He knocked me for never using legacy devices. I have my reasons to never have used it. I'm not a fan of qwerty on smartphones and full touch on legacy was not good.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 06:26 PM
917 ... 2324252627 ...