Flappy bird? No thanks, I'll skip the "modern era of technology" and "the way of the future."
    The fact that you think flappy bird is the only thing that apps are good for speaks to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    04-01-14 08:57 PM
    Drawbacks: Flappy bird, spyware (i.e. "apps"), and unreliable email. My two yahoo accounts push instantly over BIS along with my two gmail, three outlook/hotmail, and Sprint/BlackBerry email. No nonsense, no fussing with active sync settings.
    04-01-14 09:10 PM
    Drawbacks: Flappy bird, spyware (i.e. "apps"), and unreliable email. My two yahoo accounts push instantly over BIS along with my two gmail, three outlook/hotmail, and Sprint/BlackBerry email. No nonsense, no fussing with active sync settings.
    Yes, and again flappy bird (spyware?? lol) is the only app out there that is being used today. That's fine if that works for you but it's foolish to think that other people don't benefit from other things besides email, and it only dates you to do so.
    04-01-14 09:15 PM
    There's no Adobe Flash in BBOS so there shouldn't be many security vulnerabilities to patch!

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Well-stated. that is in fact a comforting reminder. Security helps me sleep sound at night lol. i'm happy happy
    04-01-14 09:18 PM
    If it does not cost BlackBerry a thing then I'm all for it. If it brings them over to Bb10

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    Me too. People are acting like they're designing new models and making new releases of the OS. It's just a quick, cost effective run of bolds. No new hardware, no new os

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:25 PM
    Me too. People are acting like they're designing new models and making new releases of the OS. It's just a quick, cost effective run of bolds. No new hardware, no new os

Posted via CB10
    This right here is not permeating in the brains of BBOS hopefuls.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:52 PM
    So I got a business email message today on my 9900 that read "message truncated due to size". I forwarded this email to a iPhone 5 and was able to open the attachments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-02-14 12:36 AM
    So I got a business email message today on my 9900 that read "message truncated due to size". I forwarded this email to a iPhone 5 and was able to open the attachments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah if BlackBerry wants to do something they could increase the email size limit on BIS. What is it now 6MB?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 12:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Produce them until the Q20 comes out and then cut production and focus on BB10.

RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-02-14 01:09 AM
    After reading all of this I stand by my words: BB07 must DIE. For far too many reasons than I care to explain here. If you can't see why or understand why, I can't show you why.

You either get it, or you don't.

Shawshank Redemption comes to mind, 'Get busy living, or get busy dying'

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-02-14 02:12 AM
    After reading all of this I stand by my words: BB07 must DIE. For far too many reasons than I care to explain here. If you can't see why or understand why, I can't show you why.

Shawshank Redemption comes to mind, 'Get busy living, or get busy dying'

Posted via CB10
    They would've done that already if BB10 was a great platform and everybody was buying BB10 devices.

But that ain't happening is it?

#believeinfilm
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-02-14 02:18 AM
    Produce them until the Q20 comes out and then cut production and focus on BB10.

Or until the demand dries up. BBOS hopefuls forget the two prongs of the problem... yes, BlackBerry 10 is not taking off. However, BBOS shipments have also been dropping for how many quarters now,?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 05:21 AM
    Or until the demand dries up. BBOS hopefuls forget the two prongs of the problem... yes, BlackBerry 10 is not taking off. However, BBOS shipments have also been dropping for how many quarters now,?

Posted via CB10
    Do you really expect them not to drop after 3 years and with reduced models availability for the past year? I mean really?

Give them something updated and the sales might go up again.

I think BB are extremely lucky some people are still buying Legacy right now, if they didn't they would be dead and buried.

I've done my part, I bought a Q10, not many others did though.

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 05:51 AM

Another genius repeating a baseless declaration ("BBOSmust die") backed up by nothing ("Far too many reasons than I care to explain here," "If you can't see why or understand why, I can't show you why," and "You either get it, or you don't"). An offshoot of the hackneyed "way of the future" line of propaganda.
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-02-14 05:56 AM
    I just had a look at Vodafone UK website and it looks like they stopped selling the Q10 also, all they have for sale is "nearly new" returned devices. They must have a lot of them.

Yet they still sell new 9720s and 9320s. OS 7 will continue!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1396436238.457872.jpg

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 05:58 AM
    Bold costs more on Sprint with a two year plan:

OS 7 will continue!-sprintq10.jpg

Now, about this BIS will be "unsupported"/killed by 2015 bit ...
    04-02-14 06:09 AM
    I just had a look at Vodafone UK website and it looks like they stopped selling the Q10 also, all they have for sale is "nearly new" returned devices. They must have a lot of them.

Yet they still sell new 9720s and 9320s. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1396436238.457872.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	260179

#believeinfilm
    I'm sure you've answered this but I've not seen it...
    Are you going to be dumping BBOS when the q20 comes out? After all they've added the band...
    Seriously though, is the q20 even remotely a good phone to be developing given cash constraints?
    04-02-14 06:14 AM
    I'm sure you've answered this but I've not seen it...
    Are you going to be dumping BBOS when the q20 comes out? After all they've added the band...
    Seriously though, is the q20 even remotely a good phone to be developing given cash constraints?
    I have over a year left out of my current contract, I'll not be making any changes until it ends. I'll make my choice out of what will be available in second half of 2015.

As I said, I already bought a Q10, I already did dump BBOS but ran back to it.

#believeinfilm
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-02-14 06:26 AM
    Another genius repeating a baseless declaration ("BBOSmust die") backed up by nothing ("Far too many reasons than I care to explain here," "If you can't see why or understand why, I can't show you why," and "You either get it, or you don't"). An offshoot of the hackneyed "way of the future" line of propaganda.
    Didn't the company themselves decide that they needed to dump the old OS 3 or 4 years ago?
    BigManRonnie likes this.
    04-02-14 07:26 AM
    Didn't the company themselves decide that they needed to dump the old OS 3 or 4 years ago?
    And their own customers decided otherwise.

#believeinfilm
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-02-14 08:00 AM
    And their own customers decided otherwise.
    #believeinfilm
    BlackBerry actually stated they will continue, update and support BBOS with no EOL *ever* scheduled.
    Additionally, we're only talking about devices and the fact they will build some extras, due to a still existing demand.

"BlackBerry intends to support the BlackBerry operating system indefinitely.
    Any comments to the contrary are not correc
    t."
    From : BlackBerry intends to support legacy BBOS devices indefinitely | CrackBerry.com
    What happens over the forums and what we may/may not remind is not the (whole) factual reality.
    Time to chill back and enjoy the news, either ways.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 08:30 AM
    Do you really expect them not to drop after 3 years and with reduced models availability for the past year? I mean really?

Give them something updated and the sales might go up again.

I think BB are extremely lucky some people are still buying Legacy right now, if they didn't they would be dead and buried.

I've done my part, I bought a Q10, not many others did though.

#believeinfilm
    But they aren't getting something updated are they? They're getting more of an old phone. That's it.

04-02-14 08:51 AM
    But they aren't getting something updated are they? They're getting more of an old phone. That's it.

Regardless if that phone gets updated or it's just the same old one, the point is it hasn't been available on the UK market for example for a while, only the low end curves are still for sale.

So those BBOS device that have been sold for the last quarter did not include many Bolds, simply because they're not for sale right now (at UK carriers)

#believeinfilm
    04-02-14 09:29 AM
    Sure, if you don't mind your experience degraded by rubbish ads.
    iCloud has ads? How about iMessage? Outlook.com accounts get ads? Androids free services aren't free, but others are.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:49 AM
    Regardless if that phone gets updated or it's just the same old one, the point is it hasn't been available on the UK market for example for a while, only the low end curves are still for sale.

So those BBOS device that have been sold for the last quarter did not include many Bolds, simply because they're not for sale right now (at UK carriers)

#believeinfilm
    Touche. But the UK market is only one.

04-02-14 09:50 AM
917 ... 2223242526 ...