Is Chen really saying a "new Bold" (new specs) or reissuing the "old Bold" again ?
    A new production run... of the same latest Bold.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    jay64 likes this.
    04-01-14 11:43 AM
    Lol damn near close to it though. I mean, I'm sure some thought he had crazy written on his forehead for saying they'd bring back the track pad and buttons lol. It's not BBOS but it ain't far off lol

Posted via CB10
    I made both predictions lol, I don't know why people keep getting confused.

#believeinfilm
    Rello likes this.
    04-01-14 11:44 AM
    A new production run... of the same latest Bold.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Not 100% sure yet.

#believeinfilm
    jay64 likes this.
    04-01-14 11:45 AM
    Actually I did. Here's one example where I did.

Attachment 260005

#believeinfilm

Chen must be wondering who leaked .
    04-01-14 12:16 PM
    Chen seems to be taking credit for a prototype that has been in the pipeline for a while or was BD referring to the device that became the 9720 ?
    This was about BB10, the 9720 and the Legacy comeback in 2014 were other "predictions" lol

Yes, I predicted them all, not one or the other, all 3

#believeinfilm
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-01-14 12:19 PM
    So Blackberry is bringing back an OS7 device but the question still remains.... Will OS7 get software updates? Any at all?? And if so, are we talking security patches and bug fixes type updates .... or real significant improvements in overall functioning of OS7 ??????

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-01-14 12:50 PM
    I seriously doubt there will be anything beyond security patches and bug fixes. This is just to keep the legacy users happy until they can roll out the Q20.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    04-01-14 01:03 PM
    There will be many OS7 devices still in use long after the Q20 is released. Let's just hope Chairman Chen doesn't suddenly ditch the OS7 users like he did the PlayBook ones.

Oh ... and even today, even in some developed countries, there are still people using OS5 and OS6 ... lol
    04-01-14 01:20 PM
    There will be many OS7 devices still in use long after the Q20 is released. Let's just hope Chairman Chen doesn't suddenly ditch the OS7 users like he did the PlayBook ones.

Oh ... and even today, even in some developed countries, there are still people using OS5 and OS6 ... lol
    Since OS7 is older than pbos and will be supported for at least 2 more years should make you happy. That is supported, not updated or enhanced, supported.
    04-01-14 01:28 PM
    Since OS7 is older than pbos and will be supported for at least 2 more years should make you happy. That is supported, not updated or enhanced, supported.
    No it's not, PB launched before BB7.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 01:48 PM
    Chen asked the question......if people like keyboards so much, why isn't the Q10 selling? He reached the conclusion that the toolbelt was a crucial part of the keyboard experience. Therefore he is launching the Q20. My question is.....why revive the Bold when you are releasing a Q20 Classic? Won't that hurt the chances of the Q20?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    This might have been mentioned to you before so I'm sorry if I'm late in commenting, just catching up. Many Government and regulated Enterprises around the world can't upgrade handsets to BB10 before their respective regulatory bodies certify BB10 and BES10 as secure to use. Some also seem to be waiting for BES12 now it's been announced (can't see the point in waiting myself, if you've got certification now the get your bum on BES10, the EZ-Pass trade up scheme makes it cheap) but that's 6-7 months away and some Enterprise customers will need new BBOS handsets before then.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    04-01-14 01:49 PM
    If that's your reason for debating in this thread then from now on you're ignored.

#believeinfilm
    Go ahead. My reasoning has not been for that because as you can see, I raised a few talking points that were ignored. Not my problem you BIS guys have no argument. That's why it has become funny.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:19 PM
    Go ahead. My reasoning has not been for that because as you can see, I raised a few talking points that were ignored. Not my problem you BIS guys have no argument. That's why it has become funny.

Posted via CB10
    "You BIS guys". You're clueless with that comment. Just see that in many countries that still depend on EDGE, BIS and BIS plans are the logical choice. For others, it's just that they see some reason to favor it. BIS is a big reason why the OS7 phones are outselling OS10 devices.
    My Q10 is great, but I do miss many things from my BBOS devices. I don't miss them enough for me to go back, but I can see why certain ppl with certain use cases would want to go that route. And the sales numbers demonstrate that those ppl are in the majority in terms of BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:43 PM
    "You BIS guys". You're clueless with that comment. Just see that in many countries that still depend on EDGE, BIS and BIS plans are the logical choice. For others, it's just that they see some reason to favor it. BIS is a big reason why the OS7 phones are outselling OS10 devices.
    My Q10 is great, but I do miss many things from my BBOS devices. I don't miss them enough for me to go back, but I can see why certain ppl with certain use cases would want to go that route. And the sales numbers demonstrate that those ppl are in the majority in terms of BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    That's a great story and all. But the fact is that sales as well as user-base is dwindling. There wouldn't be a need for these drastic measures if it weren't so. Get a clue. And how's that Q10?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 03:28 PM
    Well I was actually hoping for him to BUY me a Starbucks caramel macchiato....😃

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Now that sounds good right now!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-01-14 04:02 PM
    I bet you drive an SUV too but never venture off road.

#believeinfilm
    Hey, I just drove through snow for the last 6 months! (Worst winter ever) That counts, right?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-01-14 04:04 PM
    Is Chen really saying a "new Bold" (new specs) or reissuing the "old Bold" again ?
    Hey guys I meant get her ( my other half) a "new" bold as in "new" phone not meaning that the Bold is to be new, different from original.
    All I think Chen said was "Bold" in the recent interview.
    04-01-14 04:07 PM
    Welp! security patches and bug fixes are better than being left in the dust and abandoned. So I'll take that and be happy! :-) small victory... yaaayy!

BitPusher2600 likes this.
    04-01-14 04:23 PM
    Some users just don't need flappy bird or Instagram and just need a reliable business device for email, text and calls. Some hipsters just don't seem mentally capable of understanding this simple fact of life!

Posted via CB10
    By hipsters do you mean anyone living in the modern era of technology?
    johnnyuk and extisis like this.
    04-01-14 04:34 PM
    Welp! security patches and bug fixes are better than being left in the dust and abandoned. So I'll take that and be happy! :-) small victory... yaaayy!

There's no Adobe Flash in BBOS so there shouldn't be many security vulnerabilities to patch!

04-01-14 05:28 PM
    There's no Adobe Flash in BBOS so there shouldn't be many security vulnerabilities to patch!

Exactly mate. Combine that with an inherently secure underlying architecture and a somewhat small app market, voila.

And folks, there is such a thing as a middle ground. I think BB10 is fantastic and could surely point out some ways it's superior, but I love BBOS just a tad more. It's OK to smile about both. BBOS is a little more "me." I see no harm in them keeping it around a while longer. If it's money, they'd be foolish not to take it.
    04-01-14 07:55 PM
    By hipsters do you mean anyone living in the modern era of technology?
    They're ripping off their own cliches now. "Modern era of technology"? That's a rehash of "way of the future."
    04-01-14 08:47 PM
    They're ripping off their own cliches now. "Modern era of technology"? That's a rehash of "way of the future."
    Either way it's the truth, and by your logic and the one I was quoting anyone who uses their phone for more than messaging and calls is a hipster, which is nonsense.
    04-01-14 08:50 PM
    Whoopie. Other platforms have free services too.
    Sure, if you don't mind your experience degraded by rubbish ads.
    04-01-14 08:55 PM
    Either way it's the truth, and by your logic and the one I was quoting anyone who uses their phone for more than messaging and calls is a hipster, which is nonsense.
    Flappy bird? No thanks, I'll skip the "modern era of technology" and "the way of the future."
    04-01-14 08:56 PM
917 ... 2122232425 ...