BBRY might be, but no here is pinning their hopes you're exaggerating. Just because of that trackpad and belt- i won't be going no where near the Q20, however, i would be happy if even some BBOS users (or even non BBOS users) convert to BB10 because of it. but to totally rely on the Q20 for that? Nah.
    Obviously you're not reading all the replies on these threads.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 02:11 AM
    Then quietly exit.

#believeinfilm
    Belfast you owe me the half cup of coffee that ended up one screen. You might also owe me a new laptop.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    daveycrocket likes this.
    04-01-14 04:26 AM
    Belfast you owe me the half cup of coffee that ended up one screen. You might also owe me a new laptop.

Sorry, Belfast doesn't share coffee

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 04:48 AM
    Funny how everybody is now pinning their hopes on the Q20, you know, the device I was told for the past year that will never happen and to forget about the trackpad or belt.

#believeinfilm
    Well yeah it's happening and based on what I've read and seen, the q20 is the device that came out of John Chen's process of listening to the enterprise consumer. It would only make sense that the company is hoping that os7 users who prefer the track pad and belt combination would easily transition to bb10 and go for the Q20. But I think this isn't really on the consumer side of the equation but more of the enterprise.

What I'm watching out for, being a consumer of course, is an all touch follow up to the Z30. And yeah, I'm using a Z10 to type this reply. I think Bb10 will need a combination of both high and low-end qwerty and all touch devices to gain market share for the new OS. Those are of course yet to be announced except for the Z3 and Q20. John Chen himself mentioned that they are preparing a flagship to entice consumers right? I doubt that will be a bbos7 device and I'm looking forward to it. That could be the device that could turn things around on the consumer side of things.

I really don't think bbos7 is the way to go moving forward. The company is just really maximizing the demand left for the OS before companies upgrade to the BES12 platform ideally using BB10. OS7 could keep the company afloat but not for long though.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:49 AM
    Sorry, Belfast doesn't share coffee

#believeinfilm
    Who does? Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-01-14 05:21 AM
    Who does? Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well I was actually hoping for him to BUY me a Starbucks caramel macchiato....😃

04-01-14 06:13 AM
    I went and paid Sprint today ... So pleased that a portion of what I paid went to BlackBerry (and does month after month). How many BB10 users who, on forums, are militantly calling for the end of BBOS (for BlackBerry's own good of course ) paid BlackBerry today?
    Why would anyone want to for any them besides for the initial purchase? I certainly wouldn't pay Apple or whatever Android manufacturer or WP after purchase. It shouldn't come out of my pocket beyond the phone purchase to help any company survive. BBRY needs to do that on their own and if they can't too bad so sad.
    04-01-14 06:18 AM
    Why would anyone want to for any them besides for the initial purchase? I certainly wouldn't pay Apple or whatever Android manufacturer or WP after purchase. It shouldn't come out of my pocket beyond the phone purchase to help any company survive. BBRY needs to do that on their own and if they can't too bad so sad.
    Because there were services attached, including FREE BBM, no worries about "monetising" it.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 06:22 AM
    I was actually surprised that they didn't charge .99 for BBM for Android and iOS. I think I remember paying for WhatsApp.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-01-14 06:29 AM
    Because there were services attached, including FREE BBM, no worries about "monetising" it.

#believeinfilm
    Whoopie. Other platforms have free services too.
    04-01-14 06:35 AM
    With negative news about BlackBerry... It's like watching the Titanic, from a longboat...
    04-01-14 06:39 AM
    That'd be dangerous. The wake will drag you under.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-01-14 06:41 AM
    Whoopie. Other platforms have free services too.
    They're not free I'm afraid, you're the product. BIS services were not free either but they were included in the contract.

Besides, that's the point, other platforms do, except BB10.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 06:43 AM
    They're not free I'm afraid, you're the product. BIS services were not free either but they were included in the contract.

Besides, that's the point, other platforms do, except BB10.

#believeinfilm
    Are you saying BBM isn't free on BB10?
    04-01-14 06:50 AM
    Chen asked the question......if people like keyboards so much, why isn't the Q10 selling? He reached the conclusion that the toolbelt was a crucial part of the keyboard experience. Therefore he is launching the Q20. My question is.....why revive the Bold when you are releasing a Q20 Classic? Won't that hurt the chances of the Q20?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    coldRooster likes this.
    04-01-14 06:55 AM
    "Its nice to see that BlackBerry found a way to make this new production run of the Bold profitable because previously it was run at a loss."

https://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/...-bold-devices/

So yes there is some demand from enterprise and their current consumer base to purchase a Bold but this production run was only made possible through the production deal. The same is true for BB10 devices to be made by Foxconn.
    If they were selling a $599 Bold 9900 at a loss, then BlackBerry is doomed!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:57 AM
    Are you saying BBM isn't free on BB10?
    It is for now but very shortly you'll have to accept advertising to use it.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 06:57 AM
    Chen asked the question......if people like keyboards so much, why isn't the Q10 selling? He reached the conclusion that the toolbelt was a crucial part of the keyboard experience. Therefore he is launching the Q20. My question is.....why revive the Bold when you are releasing a Q20 Classic? Won't that hurt the chances of the Q20?

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    The answer is simple, because of BIS and Legacy BES.

(Regardless if people know what BIS is or not, they know the benefits it brings)

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 07:05 AM
    If they were selling a $599 Bold 9900 at a loss, then BlackBerry is doomed!

Posted via CB10
    That's what the carriers sold it at, we don't know how much BB sold it for.

My guess is all the last minute hardware changes pushed the manufacturing costs way up.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 07:07 AM
    But you literally just said that neither OS7 nor BB10 will keep them alive... So what does it matter if they're new or old customers when they're both going to fail anyways?

Besides, it doesn't make sense. You're basically saying that all of the 2 million or so people that buy BB7 each quarter are upgrades. That's 16% of BlackBerry's entire user base each year. Even if you say that at least half are upgrades, (which is still a ridiculous 8% upgrade rate each year) BB7 would still account for more new users than BB10.

They are still very popular in emerging markets, which is where BlackBerry is focusing on right now. You and all the other BB7 cynics can't see this, but contrary to your belief there is still a huge demand in countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Malaysia, etc. Places where BB10 has barely even touched. Just because it's not wanted in your country doesn't mean it's not wanted everywhere else. Stopping BB7 means BlackBerry completely vanishing from those really valuable markets.

Posted via CB10
    No. Upgrades are current customers getting new phones, and for the sake of argument it is all within BlackBerry. And no stopping it doss not mean BlackBerry vanishing from those markets. Z3 was intended for that. Whether or not you like it, Chen is trying to get people over. I liked OS7. I just think it has run its course and they need to invest more in BB10 and marketing.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    04-01-14 08:48 AM
    The Bold 9790 and 9900 are great little phones and I'm delighted to see BlackBerry continue to support them, unlike they did for the PB. Let's hope BlackBerry don't shaft us all again.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:32 AM
    No. Upgrades are current customers getting new phones, and for the sake of argument it is all within BlackBerry. And no stopping it doss not mean BlackBerry vanishing from those markets. Z3 was intended for that. Whether or not you like it, Chen is trying to get people over. I liked OS7. I just think it has run its course and they need to invest more in BB10 and marketing.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    I agree that Blackberry needs to invest more in marketing BB10 devices. Whenever people ask about my Z30 and I show them a few things, they are almost always genuinely impressed. A good marketing campaign would help to dispel the myths and counter the over-the-top negativity towards BlackBerry found in most tech media. (It has become popular and fashionable to bash BlackBerry.)

Most existing and former BlackBerry customers are aware of the existence of BB10. Apparently, a number of them have not upgraded to a BB10 device and still prefer their BBOS 7 handsets. We can debate and speculate why that is until we're blue in the face, but the fact is the demand for BBOS 7 devices must still be significant enough to justify the continued production of Bold 9900 series devices.

Some argue this is not a smart move by BlackBerry. I ask: how can this NOT be a smart move on the part of BlackBerry?

First, it shows they are actually listening to their customers (PlayBook owners can tell you how significant a thing that is for the company).

Second, it keeps their existing BBOS 7 user base happy until they can roll out a BB10 device (Q20) that addresses their biggest concerns and makes the transition easier.

Discontinue the Bold 9900 series now, and the company loses a significant chunk of its user base, probably forever. They would lose what little ground they have made up since Chen came on board and most certainly spiral into oblivion.
    04-01-14 09:35 AM
    Some users just don't need flappy bird or Instagram and just need a reliable business device for email, text and calls. Some hipsters just don't seem mentally capable of understanding this simple fact of life!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:38 AM
    Some users just don't need flappy bird or Instagram and just need a reliable business device for email, text and calls. Some hipsters just don't seem mentally capable of understanding this simple fact of life!

Posted via CB10
    And some people just don't realize you can get all of that on other platforms plus all the other stuff.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-01-14 09:41 AM
    And some people just don't realize you can get all of that on other platforms plus all the other stuff.
    No you can't lol, no true push email for up to 10 accounts plus one secure and private on device only email address, no awesome keyboard and definitely not at the same price/monthly payments etc

Also why should anybody buy a device with all the gaming capability if they'll never ever play on it? Don't you think that would be a waste?

#believeinfilm
    BitPusher2600 likes this.
    04-01-14 09:44 AM
917 ... 1920212223 ...