Geez who cares. For all of you pining for BB's survival but complaining that they are doing this what is your reasoning? Pride? Mad because people aren't buying BB10? If BB needs BBOS to survive then I say more power to them and do whatever it takes to stay in the game. You don't have to buy it so what do you care?
    let me be real clear as no one's really getting it. i'm not, nor is anyone else really, complaining or getting mad that they're going to reproduce a bunch of more Bolds. The fact that BD and his followers say that BBOS continues and will be getting more improvements to the OS is just absurd. More Bolds ≠ New BBOS. That's the whole argument- no pride, no one's getting bent out of shape. I always knew they'd keep BBOS around (longer than the 2015 supposed deadline) because of BBOS heads like BD and his 55+ million that keep beating this dead horse until it's made into a pulp.

I won't deny that it's a decent business move to hold on to the BBOS subscribers to keep the company afloat temporarily (because that's all it will be, temporarily). But there's a reason a Q20 is being released with a BBOS-like form factor- to attract those same 55+ million to BB10.

Now a good question for this thread is: how many of those 55+ million do you think will convert to BB10? How many of those 55+ million will be like BD and think BIS > BB10 and probably go to an android or idevice? Discuss amongst yourselves...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    03-31-14 09:23 PM
    I always knew they'd keep BBOS around (longer than the 2015 supposed deadline) because of BBOS heads like BD and his 55+ million that keep beating this dead horse until it's made into a pulp.
    OS 7 will continue!-743pv7l.jpg
    03-31-14 09:27 PM
    Much bitterness and hatred do I feel from many here toward BBOS.

Well, as many of you used to like to write to those of us who like BBOS ...

Deal with it.
    what do you mean used to? i just said it today to you guys ;-) and i liked it

and thanks for the meme, i do feel like a sith with my stormtrooper Z10 :-)
    03-31-14 09:30 PM
    I mean, it's a gamble either way. I just personally think that BB10 or 11 is their best hope of survival. BBOS7 will not keep them alive and at this rate neither will BB10.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    Sooooo.... If they're both equally failing, why not go with both? Or none at all? If they are in the same situation, why does it have to be one or the other?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:34 PM
    Now a good question for this thread is: how many of those 55+ million do you think will convert to BB10? How many of those 55+ million will be like BD and think BIS > BB10 and probably go to an android or idevice? Discuss amongst yourselves...
    Where the hell do you get this crap?
    goodayeh likes this.
    03-31-14 09:39 PM
    Where the hell do you get this crap?
    i could have easily said windows phone or a feature flip phone... the question is will those BBOS subscribers just leave. you just want to argue petty things is that it? go away then. i'm done with ya
    03-31-14 09:42 PM
    Sooooo.... If they're both equally failing, why not go with both? Or none at all? If they are in the same situation, why does it have to be one or the other?

Posted via CB10
    you should ask BBRY that.
    03-31-14 09:43 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	743pv7l.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	259893
    Lololololol
    03-31-14 09:45 PM
    Still can't figure out where that new OS7 device will fall in terms of price. Will it be offered in the same markets as the new budget Z3 (rumored at USD$200)?

Z10 is USD$299 unlocked at the shopblackberry website. The Q5 is $349 and Q10 $399.

That new run Bold might be positioned to battle it out with the under $100 no contract priced Nokia Lumia or the $179 unlocked Moto G in the US.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:52 PM
    i could have easily said windows phone or a feature flip phone... the question is will those BBOS subscribers just leave. you just want to argue petty things is that it? go away then. i'm done with ya
    Go away because you said so? (Of course I won't, clown, and I'll argue whatever I want.)

I'll answer the question for you. I'm a BBOS user, and I won't leave, especially not for android, itoy, windows phone, or a flip phone. Why would I? (Hint: I wouldn't.)
    03-31-14 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because BB10 is more likely to bring in other customers. OS7 just keeps those existing customers.

medic22003 and Shadowyugi like this.
    03-31-14 10:07 PM
    Chances are that if BBRY manages to upgrade the hardware at all rather than just clone the 9900 I will be picking me up one because BBOS served me so well and I loved it. If it's just another 9900, Q20.
    For me, just add on autofocus camera will do. Nfc or not, not important as i will never use it here in malaysia.

Spinning hour glass? seldom happen to me, maybe once a day coz im using my 9720 or previous BB as communication tool. For other thing or app i have iPad and laptop.
    03-31-14 10:16 PM
    "Its nice to see that BlackBerry found a way to make this new production run of the Bold profitable because previously it was run at a loss."

https://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/...-bold-devices/

So yes there is some demand from enterprise and their current consumer base to purchase a Bold but this production run was only made possible through the production deal. The same is true for BB10 devices to be made by Foxconn.
    03-31-14 10:17 PM
    Wow. Relax, people. This does not represent a new (old) direction for BlackBerry. They're just keeping the Bold 9900 series around longer. Apparently there is enough of a demand, still, to justify it. If their BB10 devices were more popular that would be one thing, but the 9900 has done well for them and if enough people still want them, why not continue to meet that demand?
    Precisely, i also think that way
    03-31-14 10:21 PM
    "Its nice to see that BlackBerry found a way to make this new production run of the Bold profitable because previously it was run at a loss."

https://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/...-bold-devices/

So yes there is some demand from enterprise and their current consumer base to purchase a Bold but this production run was only made possible through the production deal. The same is true for BB10 devices to be made by Foxconn.
    The devices themselves may not be profitable, but even at a loss it might be the cheapest way to hold on to those customers.

Let's grab a little perspective here, people. BlackBerry isn't engaging in any more than a superficial refresh of BBOS. There's no new device coming out, and Chen himself has said this is a stopgap to keep traditional users happy until the Q20 comes out.
    Superfly_FR and southlander like this.
    03-31-14 11:19 PM
    Because BB10 is more likely to bring in other customers. OS7 just keeps those existing customers.

But you literally just said that neither OS7 nor BB10 will keep them alive... So what does it matter if they're new or old customers when they're both going to fail anyways?

Besides, it doesn't make sense. You're basically saying that all of the 2 million or so people that buy BB7 each quarter are upgrades. That's 16% of BlackBerry's entire user base each year. Even if you say that at least half are upgrades, (which is still a ridiculous 8% upgrade rate each year) BB7 would still account for more new users than BB10.

They are still very popular in emerging markets, which is where BlackBerry is focusing on right now. You and all the other BB7 cynics can't see this, but contrary to your belief there is still a huge demand in countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Malaysia, etc. Places where BB10 has barely even touched. Just because it's not wanted in your country doesn't mean it's not wanted everywhere else. Stopping BB7 means BlackBerry completely vanishing from those really valuable markets.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:20 PM
    The devices themselves may not be profitable, but even at a loss it might be the cheapest way to hold on to those customers.

Let's grab a little perspective here, people. BlackBerry isn't engaging in any more than a superficial refresh of BBOS. There's no new device coming out, and Chen himself has said this is a stopgap to keep traditional users happy until the Q20 comes out.
    It's clear. I don't why people are so thick to not get that... I'm just pissed about his lack of announcements for software(getting business apps on board to benefit enterprise and consumers) and high end fulltouch devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 11:24 PM
    Have you ever wondered maybe that's what BlackBerry customers want from BlackBerry?

Nobody seems to want BB10 after all, ok not nobody but very very few.

#believeinfilm
    I have never owned a BlackBerry before bb10 and I refused to buy one on os because it was sub par if you wanted more than email and text messages. Did you ever think that even though so called BlackBerry customers only want os7 that you are by and large a big azz minority to smart phone users in general? I love bb10 as is, and will keep going with it if BlackBerry doesn't tank but you folks need to step up to bb10 and get over this older is better crap. You will kill the company, a long with bad management by BlackBerry f it isn't already too late. Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:36 PM

EXACTLY my thought.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    03-31-14 11:38 PM

This is what i've been saying. There's a reason for this announcement and it's not for anything other than what you've mentioned in this post.
    03-31-14 11:44 PM
    Go away because you said so? (Of course I won't, clown, and I'll argue whatever I want.)

I'll answer the question for you. I'm a BBOS user, and I won't leave, especially not for android, itoy, windows phone, or a flip phone. Why would I? (Hint: I wouldn't.)
    if you would like to keep a substantive conversation going i'm more than willing, but please don't name call. i'll take one more shot; i'm now speculating whether the BIS cutoff deadline is still firm. i believe BBRY said Q1 of 2015, but i'm assuming that's going to be well after the Q20 release because once the Q20 is out, BBRY is basically saying, alright- you played with the new Bolds for a bit, it's time to take the belt to BB10 with the Q20. Remember how they implemented the BB10 camera animation on the 9720? I can see them doing more stuff like that with these new Bolds. Again, to bolster BB10 sales for the Z5, Q5, Q20... all of them.
    04-01-14 12:10 AM
    But you literally just said that neither OS7 nor BB10 will keep them alive... So what does it matter if they're new or old customers when they're both going to fail anyways?

Besides, it doesn't make sense. You're basically saying that all of the 2 million or so people that buy BB7 each quarter are upgrades. That's 16% of BlackBerry's entire user base each year. Even if you say that at least half are upgrades, (which is still a ridiculous 8% upgrade rate each year) BB7 would still account for more new users than BB10.

They are still very popular in emerging markets, which is where BlackBerry is focusing on right now. You and all the other BB7 cynics can't see this, but contrary to your belief there is still a huge demand in countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Malaysia, etc. Places where BB10 has barely even touched. Just because it's not wanted in your country doesn't mean it's not wanted everywhere else. Stopping BB7 means BlackBerry completely vanishing from those really valuable markets.

Posted via CB10
    http://m.theaustralian.com.au/busine...1226835630979#

I have read various figures but the estimates are that 15 to 18 million Indonesians own BlackBerry phones. If they price the Z3 as low as possible and start exporting an low priced LTE model we might see the end of BB7 domination this time next year. What I do not see are combined sales rising above current levels by Q 4 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-01-14 12:11 AM
    This is what i've been saying. There's a reason for this announcement and it's not for anything other than what you've mentioned in this post.
    Yep agree on this one. BlackBerry announced reproduction of the bold and that's it. I don't see anything wrong with catering to consumer demand. It's not like the company announced that they have no further plans for Bb10 right?

I think the company is very much aware that they can't hold on to Bbos7 forever. I see it as a stopgap device until BES12 is ready. So the new production of bold devices could either be just to retain BlackBerry Enterprise consumers still using the old OS as they see the demand for that.

On the other hand, the Classic bb10 device a.k.a. Q20 would be a way to entice both enterprise and regular consumers to finally upgrade to BB10. Well that's just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 12:38 AM
    Funny how everybody is now pinning their hopes on the Q20, you know, the device I was told for the past year that will never happen and to forget about the trackpad or belt.

#believeinfilm
    Rello likes this.
    04-01-14 01:34 AM
    Funny how everybody is now pinning their hopes on the Q20, you know, the device I was told for the past year that will never happen and to forget about the trackpad or belt.

#believeinfilm
    BBRY might be, but no here is pinning their hopes you're exaggerating. Just because of that trackpad and belt- i won't be going no where near the Q20, however, i would be happy if even some BBOS users (or even non BBOS users) convert to BB10 because of it. but to totally rely on the Q20 for that? Nah.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-01-14 01:51 AM
917 ... 1819202122 ...