The smallest mobile market. Miniscule. 1%.

Poslia 10.3 on Verizon
    Actually its not 1% at all....way way off. Its probably closer to 3 or 4 %.

that aside, I am curious what you call the bb10 user base at about one tenth of bb07?
    03-31-14 03:31 PM

that aside, I am curious what you call the bb10 user base at about one tenth of bb07?
    Oh its not large at all. But as I stated before, BB10 is what would bring over more users. Not an old OS. Which is why they need to focus all on BB10. Drop the old OS. Force people to either move along or leave.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    extisis likes this.
    03-31-14 03:33 PM
    Oh its not large at all. But as I stated before, BB10 is what would bring over more users. Not an old OS. Which is why they need to focus all on BB10. Drop the old OS. Force people to either move along or go.

03-31-14 03:33 PM
    Okay, okay tell me about "the way of the future," genius.
    Only if you ask nicely.

03-31-14 03:34 PM
    You need to get out of here ... sickening comment.
    Lol like I've told everyone else. Deal with it. Truth hurts. You act as if BB10 users told BBRY to let go of Legacy. Take it up with them.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:43 PM
    Okay, okay tell me about "the way of the future," genius.
    You wouldn't even begin to grasp the concept. Too many big words for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:45 PM
    How is 3% way off 1%. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:49 PM
    Oh its not large immed ut as I stated before, BB10 is what would bringrevame users. Not an old OS. Which is why they need to focus all on BB10. Drop the old OS. Force people to either move along or leave.

OK that's fine. The problem for them is that bb10 will also never take off. It has failed.

After one year the sales stand at one tenth of miniscule. And the company has been ravaged in terms of resources (employees, finances, app support, carrier support). Even if they had unlimited money, the only hope would be a complete revamp ie bb 11.

I agree that bb7 can go nowhere long term , but they are just trying to make some immediate cash to survive. Actually, I'm not sure how successful that will be - although I once argued a cheap Chinese company could make some money taking over bb7 - I think the window is closing rapidly - and already it is late. Its hard to judge very removed developing nations markets, but not only has the bb7 deterioration I predicted clearly starting, I believe user base loss will accelerate rapidly when a certain rubric is crossed in the not distant future - although phone sales may follow a more linear decline.
    03-31-14 03:49 PM
    How is 3% way off 1%. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't think underreporting by a factor of 3 or 4 is " way" off, so be it. I consider that very problematic. One would equate to ~50 million users, the other, ~ 12 million.
    03-31-14 03:55 PM
    OK that's fine. The problem for them is that bb10 will also never take off. It has failed.

After one year the sales stand at one tenth of miniscule. And the company has been ravaged in terms of resources (employees, finances, app support, carrier support). Even if they had unlimited money, the only hope would be a complete revamp ie bb 11.

I agree that bb7 can go nowhere long term , but they are just trying to make some immediate cash to survive. Actually, I'm not sure how successful that will be - although I once argued a cheap Chinese company could make some money taking over bb7 - I think the window is closing rapidly - and already it is late. Its hard to judge very removed developing nations markets, but not only has the bb7 deterioration I predicted clearly starting, I believe user base loss will accelerate rapidly when a certain rubric is crossed in the not distant future - although phone sales may follow a more linear decline.
    I mean, it's a gamble either way. I just personally think that BB10 or 11 is their best hope of survival. BBOS7 will not keep them alive and at this rate neither will BB10.

03-31-14 03:55 PM
    I mean, it's a gambagrt way. I just personally think that BB10 or 11 is their best hope of survival. BBOS7 will not keep them alive and at this rate neither will BB10.

Well I think most of us would agree that bb10 or 11 would be the ideal way forward (Belfast not withstanding - but even he might agree bb11 were being developed r right now to his standards.

It's a forced outcome though. They don't have the resources to pursue bb10 or 11 properly - heck, who knows if they have done any substantial work on a bb11 (if they haven't, that would already be a future disaster/rush job waiting to happen. Bb7 on the other hand represents a quick cash grab that they need, and which they can do.
    03-31-14 04:07 PM
    The ignorance and arrogance in this thread stinks ... almost makes you wish some people would leave us and go to Apple where they and they hipsterish fashion-fascism would fit right in.
    03-31-14 04:14 PM
    I mean, it's a gamble either way. I just personally think that BB10 or 11 is their best hope of survival. BBOS7 will not keep them alive and at this rate neither will BB10.

Best chance at survival as a handset provider? What if their strategy is to actually move away from the consumer market. Maybe BBM cross platform, BB security for iOs and Android, QNX, and 1 or 2 handsets for enterprise.
    03-31-14 04:16 PM
    The ignorance and arrogance in this thread stinks ... almost makes you wish some people would leave us and go to Apple where they and they hipsterish fashion-fascism would fit right in.
    That's already happened. That plan didn't work.
    richardat and anon(8063781) like this.
    03-31-14 04:17 PM
    That's already happened. That plan didn't work.
    ROFL
    03-31-14 04:22 PM
    Let me rephrase. They need to spend their time and resources on BlackBerry 10 and software. Not an OS that will be dead in the next five years

I doubt they're spending jack on BlackBerry OS. All they're doing is a cost effective run of existing hardware running an existing OS.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and extisis like this.
    03-31-14 04:41 PM
    Agree with you 100% there are a number of the T***** on this thread, I hope the moderators take note of how it is evolving and close the thread. Many are former BlackBerry users who have moved on, I don't understand the need for them to return to behave like this. One would swear that they have a vested financial interest in another platform and would want the "measly 55 million users " to switch. Many antagonist.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:47 PM
    Only if you ask nicely.
    I'll take that as an "I don't really know. I'm just pretending to know so my militant BBOS hate does not appear baseless."
    03-31-14 05:08 PM
    You wouldn't even begin to grasp the concept. Too many big words for you.
    Oh, you're so impressive when you pontificate about "market share" and "the way of the future!"
    03-31-14 05:10 PM
    ... I just personally think that BB10 or 11 is their best hope of survival ...
    Here we go again with "survival," ROTFL! Drama.
    03-31-14 05:13 PM
    If you don't think underreporting by a factor of 3 or 4 is " way" off, so be it. I consider that very problematic. One would equate to ~50 million users, the other, ~ 12 million.
    In this case, No.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:19 PM
    Oh, you're so impressive when you pontificate about "market share" and "the way of the future!"
    It went right past your head so I would assume it was so. What did I say about the future? Are you just skimming through these pages?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:23 PM
    Can you kids take this outside? Don't want my thread closed.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 05:25 PM
    That is all. They called me crazy!

#believeinfilm
    They've *always* said they will not discontinue it before years.
    The news is that they will issue new devices soon (and may apply some of my crazy thoughts abt the UI).

Glad for the legacy boyz, and as far as I know, not a concern for BB10 aficionados.
    "Never throw the baby with the bath"; let's chill out and wait for more precise plans and directions.

BTW : next OS is BlackBerry 12 (<= my bet).
    riss89 likes this.
    03-31-14 05:26 PM
    It went right past your head so I would assume it was so. What did I say about the future? Are you just skimming through these pages?
    "What did I say?!?" Lol, I anticipate "way of the future" banality from you. The good thing is I get to continue to enjoy BBOS and BIS because BBRY has decided in favor of it. You're just here all bent and grumbling about it.
    03-31-14 05:31 PM
917 ... 1617181920 ...