that's not our argument. you keep debating minor issues.
    Guess what just happened, the dead and buried PlayBook just got an update.

I wouldn't worry about BB7 OS updates just yet.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 01:16 PM

#believeinfilm
    A security update for the flash player and what else? I'd call it more patching than an update.
    03-31-14 01:25 PM

#believeinfilm
    i never considered the PlayBook dead as of yet. gotta give thanks to OS7 for that. and so what? i just updated my PB and I don't see a difference. if they released a maintenance update for OS7.1 it would be the same. But why do you care though? You think OS7 is perfect over everything because its beloved BIS. Why would it need improvements according to everything you keep iterating about OS7? Just admit that money wasted is money wasted, whether you think it's on BB10 or on BBOS.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 01:25 PM
    i never considered the PlayBook dead as of yet. gotta give thanks to OS7 for that. and so what? i just updated my PB and I don't see a difference. if they released a maintenance update for OS7.1 it would be the same. But why do you care though? You think OS7 is perfect over everything because its beloved BIS. Why would it need improvements according to everything you keep iterating about OS7? Just admit that money wasted is money wasted, whether you think it's on BB10 or on BBOS.

As much as I like BBOS it's not perfect, never said it was, so updates are still needed.

As long as there's a demand for BB7 money spent on it is not a waste.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 01:30 PM
    As much as I like BBOS it's not perfect, never said it was, so updates are still needed.

As long as there's a demand for BB7 money spent on it is not a waste.

#believeinfilm
    good thing to know they're only supplying more phones and no more OS7 drama. Any improvement that would make OS7 a viable option for most would not be found in any small incremental updates. OS7.1 was and is as good as it's going to get for that old beaten up hardware. Deal with it.
    03-31-14 01:36 PM
    good thing to know they're only supplying more phones and no more OS7 drama. Any improvement that would make OS7 a viable option for most would not be found in any small incremental updates. OS7.1 was and is as good as it's going to get for that old beaten up hardware. Deal with it.
    But you don't know if they're gonna improve the OS or not, until you know stop making assumptions and just deal wit it.

#believeinfilm
    coldRooster likes this.
    03-31-14 01:42 PM
    But you don't know if they're gonna improve the OS or not, until you know stop making assumptions and just deal wit it.

#believeinfilm
    Doesn't it go both ways? Shouldn't you stop assuming they're going to make a new bold or whatever it was you were saying above, as well as the fact that maybe they are done making improvements? Street goes both ways

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    03-31-14 01:52 PM
    Doesn't it go both ways? Shouldn't you stop assuming they're going to make a new bold or whatever it was you were saying above, as well as the fact that maybe they are done making improvements? Street goes both ways

I make predictions, not assumptions, and they usually come true

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 01:59 PM
    hilarious to me that people think they will go back into BBOS development. they fired.. ahem laid off those devs, forget? OS7 will live, awesome, great, but it will die off eventually. Most of us won't even bat an eye when it does.
    making it better is a more reasonable suggestion than abolishing it altogether. like it or not OS7 is still carrying the company more than BB10 and it would be the last nail in BB's coffin to try and get rid of it. that's partly how BB got into the predicament we find them in today. you can't force anyone to a new platform. yes one day OS7 will fade out. one day so will BB10 for that matter, and every other platform. Technology is always changing and nothing will be around forever. but being butthurt of OS7 having more users than BB10 does isn't going to solve anything. so bat your eyes or don't, none of that will matter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    03-31-14 02:20 PM

#believeinfilm
    it's an assumption to think otherwise, because they haven't stated it. go by the facts. not your predictions. Big prediction you made... OS7 lives on so what? Not like the rest of the world will care... the demand you speak of has no market share whatsoever.
    03-31-14 02:23 PM
    making it better is a more reasonable suggestion than abolishing it altogether. like it or not OS7 is still carrying the company more than BB10 and it would be the last nail in BB's coffin to try and get rid of it. that's partly how BB got into the predicament we find them in today. you can't force anyone to a new platform. yes one day OS7 will fade out. one day so will BB10 for that matter, and every other platform. Technology is always changing and nothing will be around forever. but being butthurt of OS7 having more users than BB10 does isn't going to solve anything. so bat your eyes or don't, none of that will matter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    sounds like the only being butthurt is you. sorry. i tried to be gentle. i could care less that OS7 has more users. I don't use it. Actually, i do use my 9810 as an mp3 player occasionally. At least it's good for something.
    03-31-14 02:25 PM
    it's an assumption to think otherwise, because they haven't stated it. go by the facts. not your predictions. Big prediction you made... OS7 lives on so what? Not like the rest of the world will care... the demand you speak of has no market share whatsoever.
    Don't forget about the trackpad and the belt prediction

#believeinfilm
    extisis likes this.
    03-31-14 02:27 PM
    And I'm not disagreeing that small updates would come to OS7, but that it would change the OS to make it be decently usable, fat chance. I'm saying 7.1 is where it stays, 7.5 or 8.0 would just be laughable. Hence, the fact that they won't go back to the drawing board on OS7. Just take it for what it is and what BBRY said, more Bolds and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 03-31-14 at 02:43 PM.
    03-31-14 02:31 PM
    I make predictions, not assumptions, and they usually come true

#believeinfilm
    Okay Professor Trelawney.

03-31-14 02:33 PM

What do you call 55+ million active users?

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 02:36 PM

#believeinfilm
    The smallest mobile market. Miniscule. 1%.

extisis likes this.
    03-31-14 02:39 PM

#believeinfilm
    Dead weight.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 02:40 PM
    Don't forget about the trackpad and the belt prediction

#believeinfilm
    you're a regular Nostradamus
    03-31-14 02:45 PM
    You BB10 people are sooo ungrateful ... your OS and your fancy touch-screen phones were all developed and funded by loyal BBOS customers' money. You're like spoiled kids who don't appreciate that their mom and dad gave them everything.

So far you haven't really contributed much back

Lesson: don't bite the hand that feeds, and don't divide the BB community against itself.
    03-31-14 02:48 PM
    Dead weight.

Posted via CB10
    You need to get out of here ... sickening comment.
    boeingrules likes this.
    03-31-14 02:50 PM
    You need to get out of here ... sickening comment.
    That poster knows what BlackBerry needs to do to "survive." Soon he'll be blathering on about "market share," stock price, and "the way of the future."
    03-31-14 02:58 PM
    That poster knows what BlackBerry needs to do to "survive." Soon he'll be blathering on about "market share," stock price, and "the way of the future."
    Sounds like he knows a lot better than the fan girl OS7'ers

03-31-14 03:01 PM
    Already wrote it in another thread and I see it everyday as my 57-year old dad is using a BlackBerry 9780: BlackBerry OS7 is a lot user-friendly and easier to understand than BlackBerry 10!
    I gave him my Q10 to try it and play around with it! He was able to close the apps but the hub gesture just failed and failed and failed.

I persuaded my little brother to change from android to a BlackBerry Z10 by just giving it to him and let him test! He was - like all the guys I showed a BlackBerry 10 device - excited about the intuitiveness and the smooth performance so he switched...
    But in the following days he came almost hourly and asked me how to do things and arrange things!

BlackBerry 10 needs a lot of attention before becoming a powerful tool to work with with the fastest multitasking and switching between apps etc...

A lot of business users who are on BB7 atm don't have this time to get used to a new OS and more over their in the age of my dad...

That's the reason a lot of people and enterprises I know switched from BB7 fleet to iphone, since iOS is perfectly build for idiots and ******* and even understandable to monkeys....

So - who knows, maybe sales rise with a BB7 software on a "BB10 device"!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-31-14 03:08 PM
    Sounds like he knows a lot better than the fan girl OS7'ers
    Okay, okay tell me about "the way of the future," genius.
    03-31-14 03:18 PM
    What a waste of much needed developer resources, nevermind it makes the messaging from this company even more confusing than ever. It's like they don't even have a sense of direction anymore.

If OS7 was the end all be all, they wouldn't have had to pivot to OS10 to begin with. BB10's issues were all about execution. Blackberry should have taken the Nokia/Sony route and they missed the boat on the BB10 device launches (Way overpriced given their market position, and delayed to boot).

If I'm not buying a BB10 device, I know for sure I'm not about to downgrade to what almost feels like a feature phone in 2014...
    I really think people are blowing this out of proportion.

I still use a Bold 9900. However, a new production run of Bolds is just that. They aren't giving up on BB10 devices. Quite the contrary. Several new devices have been announced.

As we all know, over time, media, internet systems, etc., all make greater and greater demands on devices and they must be upgraded or get laggy and suffer compatibility issues. BB10 is built on a base that permits better evolution. BBOS seems to have reached certain limitations.

What BB seems to be doing is providing Bolds to those who want them in the interim, and recognizing that there are a lot of users who appreciated the UI and device design of the old models. I think we'll see some of the best of the old BB merged with the new in the next generation "classic" devices (what an oxymoron!). When you think about it, that's a good thing. Some designs are just better for getting work done. How many Windows 8 computers are there at your workplace? I work with thousands of people, and so far I've seen none. There are huge numbers of Windows 7 machines though, which for all practical purposes are the Windows 95 UI on top of a modernized NT core.

So if BB can merge some of what made BBOS great into BB10 (and keep the good features they've developed in BB10 too), I'll applaud them, and throw down some cash.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-31-14 03:27 PM
917 ... 1516171819 ...