I said that prior to Chen joining, go back my posts... simply BIS is too much a revenue spinner for consumers and small to medium business
    BIS is a revenue spinner for consumers and small to medium business? Wow BIS is amazing, if you use BIS BlackBerry pay YOU? Why didn't someone tell me?! I didn't get the memo!

I heard from a bloke down the pub that BIS is the cure for cancer, AIDS and world poverty. God bless BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-30-14 07:30 PM
    BIS is a revenue spinner for consumers and small to medium business? Wow BIS is amazing, if you use BIS BlackBerry pay YOU? Why didn't someone tell me?! I didn't get the memo!

I heard from a bloke down the pub that BIS is the cure for cancer, AIDS and world poverty. God bless BlackBerry.

Some people are just ridiculous when it comes to BBOS and BIS... lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-30-14 07:36 PM
    Who gives you activesync though? Gmail? No. Yahoo? No. Hosted email? At a cost. Pretty much only Outlook gives you activesync.

That's why BIS is still relevant.

#believeinfilm
    I'm not sure you read the post because I'm not saying BIS is irrelevant, I'm pro-BIS.

Funny you mention that by the way, Outlook is exactly what I use
    03-30-14 08:28 PM
    I did not say that. I'm saying the SOLE PURPOSE of the Q20 is to move those customers over THAT REFUSE to have a phone without a belt and ball on it. If they are going to continue catering to that crowd and that crowd is perfectly happy with another line of bolds than WHY on God's green earth would they even think about moving to BB10? Hence spending money on an item that won't be bought.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    Because they might like BB10 better? I'm not quite sure how your logic works. The Q20 will be a high end device that offers a newer OS. The new bolds will be a cheaper more familiar alternative. One is high end. The other is low-mid end. They aren't in the same category and therefore won't be competing with each other. So why not have both?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:49 PM
    Because they might like BB10 better? I'm not quite sure how your logic works. The Q20 will be a high end device that offers a newer OS. The new bolds will be a cheaper more familiar alternative. One is high end. The other is low-mid end. They aren't in the same category and therefore won't be competing with each other. So why not have both?

Posted via CB10
    Money waste. If the customers that The Q20 was built for won't buy it's a waste of BlackBerry money to make it.

03-30-14 10:11 PM
    The z10 is at 299, not 200 like the z3 is going to be according to Mr Chen.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    In Canada the carriers want 450 for a Z10. The Z10 should be sold by BlackBerry for 299 online here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 10:20 PM
    Is that confirmed? The Z3 will really be $200?

Wow, another dead on arrival device. We live in a world where you can buy the Motorola Moto G for $79.99 off contract. Who in their right mind would pay over twice that amount for a Z3 with worst hardware and less apps?

I hope you're mistaken. If not, the Z3 will be about as effective as the Q5 was.
    Not my world ... In Canada they charge $ 200 for a Moto G.

southlander likes this.
    03-30-14 10:23 PM
    In Canada the carriers want 450 for a Z10. The Z10 should be sold by BlackBerry for 299 online here.

Do they think you'll all be patriotic and pay that much?!

In the UK the Z10 would be 274 Canadian dollars.

03-31-14 07:25 AM
    Money waste. If the customers that The Q20 was built for won't buy it's a waste of BlackBerry money to make it.

That's true with all products in all industries... If people don't buy it it's obviously a waste of money and a failure.

But the thing is, BlackBerry appears to think that there's sufficient demand for both the Q20 and the bolds. Which is why they are releasing both. BlackBerry has a team of market analyzers and experts too, it's lot like they're saying 'oh let's release this and see what happens'. Especially with the company in such a critical condition, they HAVE to be careful.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:15 AM
    That's true with all products in all industries... If people don't buy it it's obviously a waste of money and a failure.

But the thing is, BlackBerry appears to think that there's sufficient demand for both the Q20 and the bolds. Which is why they are releasing both. BlackBerry has a team of market analyzers and experts too, it's lot like they're saying 'oh let's release this and see what happens'. Especially with the company in such a critical condition, they HAVE to be careful.

Posted via CB10
    Those market analyzers have been super helpful thus far eh?

kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 08:56 AM
    Is that confirmed? The Z3 will really be $200?

Wow, another dead on arrival device. We live in a world where you can buy the Motorola Moto G for $79.99 off contract. Who in their right mind would pay over twice that amount for a Z3 with worst hardware and less apps?

I hope you're mistaken. If not, the Z3 will be about as effective as the Q5 was.
    you do realize the Z3 is being manufactured for a specific market. Unless you're asian, don't really worry about it. Just like these Bolds are being re-produced for a specific market. The Belfast Market.
    coldRooster, kbz1960 and johnnyuk like this.
    03-31-14 09:06 AM
    Some folks just don't get it...it's all about business and keeping your customers happy...Quarter after quarter customers have spoken with their wallet...thank god unlike Mr Heins, John Chen gets it.

Posted via CB10
    no, we get all that. however, it's stlll moving backwards. you get it?
    03-31-14 09:10 AM
    They need to bolster BB10. But they aren't. Hence the whole OS7.

Ridiculous

If they weren't bolstering BlackBerry 10, there wouldn't be a 10.3 in the works. Where do people get this stuff...?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, web99 and Dave Bourque like this.
    03-31-14 11:10 AM
    Ridiculous

If they weren't bolstering BlackBerry 10, there wouldn't be a 10.3 in the works. Where do people get this stuff...?

Posted via CB10
    Out of their @ss.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 11:20 AM
    OS7 is not going to just magically disappear because BB10 comes into existence. Why do so many people seem surprised that it didn't happen that way. If BB markets and presents BB10 then it will succeed, but we all know that's not really how things went. Even with that being said, BB10 is not going to sway every OS7 user to it, nothing will ever please everyone and some people are just fine and dandy with OS7, no matter how great BB10 runs or how proficiently it is marketed and adopted. I don't see why OS7 still being around is such a problem. This is consumerism at its best- options for the consumer. Let OS7 live. Make it better, but let it live. Trying to abolish it altogether will not solve Blackberry's problem or BB10's.
    03-31-14 11:52 AM
    Let OS7 live. Make it better, but let it live.
    hilarious to me that people think they will go back into BBOS development. they fired.. ahem laid off those devs, forget? OS7 will live, awesome, great, but it will die off eventually. Most of us won't even bat an eye when it does.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 12:06 PM
    hilarious to me that people think they will go back into BBOS development. they fired.. ahem laid off those devs, forget? OS7 will live, awesome, great, but it will die off eventually. Most of us won't even bat an eye when it does.
    Back in the day they had some 10 different BB7 and some BB6 models to support and develop, they'll not need so many people for 1-2 models.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 12:09 PM
    Ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    Let me rephrase. They need to spend their time and resources on BlackBerry 10 and software. Not an OS that will be dead in the next five years

03-31-14 12:19 PM
    Back in the day they had some 10 different BB7 and some BB6 models to support and develop, they'll not need so many people for 1-2 models.

#believeinfilm
    they won't have anybody except "OS7-trained professionals" working the customer service. so you really think they'll waste even more money on OS7? the Bold re-manufacturing costs will be more than enough. Since you think BB10 is a money pit, spending more money on OS7 development would also turn it into a money pit.
    coldRooster and kbz1960 like this.
    03-31-14 12:37 PM
    they won't have anybody except "OS7-trained professionals" working the customer service. so you really think they'll waste even more money on OS7? the Bold re-manufacturing costs will be more than enough. Since you think BB10 is a money pit, spending more money on OS7 development would also turn it into a money pit.
    And how exactly did you come across that information? Perhaps it's just your opinion?

Btw, all the people I know at BB started on BBOS, and they're still there.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 12:44 PM

#believeinfilm
    They're just bunging the old software onto a new production run. There is no chance of them further developing the bb7 code base. Way too expensive for any possible financial benefit.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 12:51 PM
    And how exactly did you come across that information? Perhaps it's just your opinion?

Btw, all the people I know at BB started on BBOS, and they're still there.

#believeinfilm
    just reading the facts that were clearly laid out by BlackBerry. you speculate they will improve on BBOS when all they said was that they're going to make more Bolds. Since you're so connected with BlackBerry then what you're saying has to be true and that makes my money pit statement even more true.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 12:53 PM
    They're just bunging the old software onto a new production run. There is no chance of them further developing the bb7 code base. Way too expensive for any possible financial benefit.
    it's been explained to him in more ways than one... lost cause this one
    johnnyuk and coldRooster like this.
    03-31-14 12:54 PM
    it's been explained to him in more ways than one... lost cause this one
    What old software? 7.1 came out for it last year, not so old.

Edit: how many times has it been explained to me the trackpad is never coming back? We saw how that turned out.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 01:08 PM
    What old software? 7.1 came out for it last year, not so old.

#believeinfilm
    that's not our argument. you keep debating minor issues.
    03-31-14 01:11 PM
917 ... 1415161718 ...