What makes you think they can bring in new customers? That's a big if!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I said BB10 is their best hope to do that.

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    03-30-14 01:26 PM
    I'm not convinced of that. I have a Nexus 5 and 10 for Android apps.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    You're not running BB10 on them. Android apps run beautifully for me. And I have a better OS

03-30-14 01:27 PM

Understand. I still think they have little shot at the consumer market.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 01:28 PM
    You're not running BB10 on them. Android apps run beautifully for me. And I have a better OS

That's your opinion which is not shared by most people. Its an excuse because of the lack of native apps.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 01:29 PM

It was on paper, in practice it proved contrary.

#believeinfilm
    03-30-14 01:29 PM
    No, which is what makes any BB10 device half a BlackBerry.
    I understand where your coming from, because reliable email is infinitely more important to me than "apps," and that's part of the reason I'm on BBOS. It's a bit harsh to say it's half a BlackBerry, but yes, to us diehard emailing BBOS users an ifone-like BB10 email experience has trashed the BlackBerry experience we're accustomed to. I need reliable email, but I'm also excited about BBM video calling, Skype, and "mobile computing" (i.e. accessing the files on my pc with a BlackBerry). If BlackBerry offered BIS for BB10, I'd probably jump on a Q10. Similarly, if BlackBerry introduced a BBOS Bold that came with a front facing camera for BBM video calling and Skype on my carrier, I'd probably upgrade from my 9650 to that new Bold. (Not sure what I would do if BlackBerry did both, lol.)
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 01:32 PM
    That's your opinion which is not shared by most people. Its an excuse because of the lack of native apps.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    But developers are still willing to consider BB10. OS7 they won't.

03-30-14 01:36 PM
    It was on paper, in practice it proved contrary.

#believeinfilm
    So let's move back until the company dies off.

But developers are still willing to consider BB10. OS7 they won't.

They are?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    They are?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Where?

03-30-14 01:37 PM
    I understand where your coming from, because reliable email is infinitely more important to me than "apps," and that's part of the reason I'm on BBOS. It's a bit harsh to say it's half a BlackBerry, but yes, to us diehard emailing BBOS users an ifone-like BB10 email experience has trashed the BlackBerry experience we're accustomed to. I need reliable email, but I'm also excited about BBM video calling, Skype, and "mobile computing" (i.e. accessing the files on my pc with a BlackBerry). If BlackBerry offered BIS for BB10, I'd probably jump on a Q10. Similarly, if BlackBerry introduced a BBOS Bold that came with a front facing camera for BBM video calling and Skype on my carrier, I'd probably upgrade from my 9650 to that new Bold. (Not sure what I would do if BlackBerry did both, lol.)
    I used to access my files on my computer back when I had a 8320, I don't know why everybody is raving about this feature now as if it's something new aka "mobile computing"

There's no reason why those improvements can't be made to the BBOS platform.

#believeinfilm
    03-30-14 01:38 PM
    Where?

What developers are still considering BB10 as you point out? Certainly more than BB7 but many have turned away all together.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 01:40 PM
    What developers are still considering BB10 as you point out? Certainly more than BB7 but many have turned away all together.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    "Certainly more than BB7." and if BB10 continues to improve than more will look. Not for OS7.

03-30-14 01:46 PM
    "Certainly more than BB7." and if BB10 continues to improve than more will look. Not for OS7.

If the direction is moving away from the consumer and back to enterprise, as I believe it should and is, then the only apps they will need to develop ate business related. BB7 will bridge the gap.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 01:49 PM

When is the last time you looked at BB7 BB World? You'll be surprised what you find.

#believeinfilm
    03-30-14 01:52 PM
    When is the last time you looked at BB7 BB World? You'll be surprised what you find.

#believeinfilm
    I have. Still not as much as BB10

extisis likes this.
    03-30-14 01:55 PM
    I never said it will, unless they rebuild it on QNX etc

But for the past year BBOS has kept Blackberry afloat while BB10 has put a huge hole in their pockets and continue to loose money.

#believeinfilm
    You've said it in countless ways, don't back out of it now.

Posted via CB10
    coldRooster likes this.
    03-30-14 01:58 PM
    I used to access my files on my computer back when I had a 8320 ...
    Remotely/ota? How?
    03-30-14 01:59 PM
    Remotely/ota? How?
    Apps lol, imagine that. Don't ask me what the app was called though, this was before Appworld. It's was some sort of Office app.

#believeinfilm
    03-30-14 02:04 PM
    How reliable is that email during a BIS outage? How about other services on the phone during a BIS outage? My email instantly comes to my Z10 even during a BIS outage. My data plan is the same for my Z10 as it was for my 9900, however I can now enjoy LTE and fast, non-BIS proxies data and take full advantage of my carriers fast network. BIS would in no way enhance my Z10, and in fact would degrade the network speed and performance I have now, and add an additional point of failure for services and features.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    03-30-14 02:05 PM
    How reliable is that email during a BIS outage? How about other services on the phone during a BIS outage? My email instantly comes to my Z10 even during a BIS outage. My data plan is the same for my Z10 as it was for my 9900, however I can now enjoy LTE and fast, non-BIS proxies data and take full advantage of my carriers fast network. BIS would in no way enhance my Z10, and in fact would degrade the network speed and performance I have now, and add an additional point of failure for services and features.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you right here. I've had moments at work wherein large files are attached and I can easily download them by using LTE. That saved me lots of time and made things more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:14 PM
    I wonder how many saw the CNN interveiw that John Chen gave, that was on Twitter a couple of days ago.

In it, he quite clearly said that this move is all about Enterprise. Untill BES12 is out at the end of the year, corporations etc need to replace phones and don't want to go to the expense of changing their systems to BES10, when they can wait and have BES12....which will incorporate android, iphone etc support. This is why many are not changing yet to BB10.

So he is bringing the Bold back to fill this gap.

This is what it is about.

It is not going backwards.....it is not giving up on BB10. He has obviously spent many hours in meetings with huge corporations etc....its even been stated that he has had USA gov input.

This isn't about us.....not about the public use, although we will probably be able to buy them.....this is his first well documented step, getting Enterprise sorted first.

The trouble is, everyone sees an announcement and assumes that its 'going backwards'
    This makes total sense, continue production of bold devices for the enterprise market since it has been clearly relayed to us that the company's focus is on that. I don't see the reason to think that the company is going backwards if the sole intent of this move is to retain enterprise consumers while they are waiting for BES12 to arrive.

Simultaneously, BlackBerry is readying other devices to compete with the consumer side using BB10 (e.g. Windermere, Ontario, Classic, Musket)

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 02:23 PM
    Belfastdispatcher, keep moving backwards.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Some folks just don't get it...it's all about business and keeping your customers happy...Quarter after quarter customers have spoken with their wallet...thank god unlike Mr Heins, John Chen gets it.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 02:29 PM
    That's a workaround at best, not an answer.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    So it's a work around for Jolla Sailfish phones too? Oh and Microsoft Windows Phone?

Yes, they Microsoft are implementing the Android virtual machine too.

Android apps are becoming a commodity due to the fact that the Android virtual machine they run in can run on any Operating System.

BlackBerry is right there at the cutting edge of this new era in cross-platform mobile software applications.

If you believe it's a work around then you don't actually know what the definition of a work around is. A workaround is temporary. Running Android apps on BB10 is a PERMANENT SOLUTION.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-30-14 02:32 PM
    So it's a work around for Jolla Sailfish phones too? Oh and Microsoft Windows Phone?

Yes, they Microsoft are implementing the Android virtual machine too.

Android apps are becoming a commodity due to the fact that the Android virtual machine they run in can run on any Operating System.

BlackBerry is right there at the cutting edge if this new era in cross-platform mobile software applications.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Yes, it's still a workaround and people clearly vote with their wallets.

#believeinfilm
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-30-14 02:37 PM
917 ... 1213141516 ...