Did I ever say it was? Lol, why are you picking and twisting everything? It's happening, deal with it, legacy OS lives on on at least a new device and so is BIS.

#believeinfilm
    If BIS is again available I will get it, because it is my choice. However trumpeting the BBOS will live on just because 1 line is made to continue, and overtrumpetting that as "future" of BlackBerry? That is delusional.

Who's twisting words here now? All I see is you are doing exactly that. And I'm calling a spade a spade.
    LuvULongTime and extisis like this.
    03-28-14 08:48 AM
    All avenues must be used to keep Blackberry afloat. There is no reason to choose only one.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-28-14 08:49 AM
    he didnt say bb7 he said bold. They may just call their new keyboard phones by their old classic names.
    Unless Chen specifically mentioned os7, there may be some truth in this statement. Q20 could become the Bold and with the changes they are making to OS10 there is not a lot missing from the legacy os once you throw in the belt...

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-28-14 08:49 AM
    If BIS is again available I will get it, because it is my choice. However trumpeting the BBOS will live on just because 1 line is made to continue, and overtrumpetting that as "future" of BlackBerry? That is delusional.

Who's twisting words here now? All I see is you are doing exactly that. And I'm calling a spade a spade.
    Two lines, unless you missed it again, the Curve line is still alive today with two different Curve models still in shops, at least in UK.

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 08:50 AM
    Unless Chen specifically mentioned os7, there may be some truth in this statement. Q20 could become the Bold and with the changes they are making to OS10 there is not a lot missing from the legacy os once you throw in the belt...

Posted via CB10
    Except the Q20 is part of the "Classic" line, not Bold

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 08:51 AM
    Except the Q20 is part of the "Classic" line, not Bold

#believeinfilm
    What if this classic line used classic BlackBerry model names like Bold and Torch?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:55 AM
    Has anyone kept track of device sales since BlackBerry 10 launched?

Each earnings report we hear the same thing. Legacy devices outsold BlackBerry 10 devices. There has yet to be a single quarter where that wasn't the case. So now, all these months later, the legacy devices must have outsold BlackBerry 10 by a fairly huge margin. It would be interesting to see the totals.
    03-28-14 08:55 AM
    Has anyone kept track of device sales since BlackBerry 10 launched?

Each earnings report we hear the same thing. Legacy devices outsold BlackBerry 10 devices. There has yet to be a single quarter where that wasn't the case. So now, all these months later, the legacy devices must have outsold BlackBerry 10 by a fairly huge margin. It would be interesting to see the totals.
    It has been a consistent 3 to 1, maybe more in the very first quarter, I can't remember exactly.

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 08:56 AM
    What if this classic line used classic BlackBerry model names like Bold and Torch?

Posted via CB10
    What if, what if .......... we could be here all day thinking like that

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 08:57 AM
    Based on what I read in another thread, it looks like nothing more than a new production run on the existing BlackBerry Bold 9900 series. Definitely nothing to get excited about as it may be as simple as using up old parts and boosting profits at the same time...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:57 AM
    What if, what if .......... we could be here all day thinking like that

#believeinfilm
    And I'm getting out of this conversation... this is going nowhere fast for anyone who thinks differently than you... definitely not worth my time with all due respect

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:59 AM
    And I'm getting out of this conversation... this is going nowhere fast for anyone who thinks differently than you... definitely not worth my time with all due respect

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a problem with that.

#believeinfilm
    anon8091350 likes this.
    03-28-14 09:02 AM
    It's basically like saying windows 8 was selling poorly, so rather than fix the issues we should just move back to dos.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Dos is a bad analogy, more like Windows 7, which might not be a terrible idea.

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    03-28-14 09:05 AM
    I don't care about (any) OS 7 device on the upcoming release.

What's the point of releasing cheap BB10 device like Z3 along the new OS 7 device, since it might kill Z3.
    It's just ridiculous..
    03-28-14 09:06 AM
    I don't care about (any) OS 7 device on the upcoming release.

What's the point of releasing cheap BB10 device like Z3 along the new OS 7 device, since it might kill Z3.
    It's just ridiculous..
    Is that what you're worried about, that it will kill the Z3?

Think about it this way, BB could sell one Z3 on a 2 year contract and make little profit or:

They could sell a BB7 device on a 2 year contract make a little profit but also bring in 24 months of service revenue maybe more if the device is then sold second hand and gets activated again.

I know what I'd choose.

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 09:10 AM
    It's basically like saying windows 8 was selling poorly, so rather than fix the issues we should just move back to dos.

That was what I said in the other thread in OS, that the 10.3 leak is like Windows 95 and 10.2 is Windows 7.
    03-28-14 09:11 AM
    Continuation of OS 7 is good news.
    03-28-14 09:11 AM
    That is all. They called me crazy!

#believeinfilm
    Don't have to worry about the HUB disappearing, right? Only thing that annoys me is that I was gonna grab a 9930 on VZW. But even though on VZW it's a 3G phone, you can't buy the old style BIS BlackBerry Internet $30/month plan. You have to pay an insane price for gigs that I at least won't use.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-28-14 09:15 AM
    Interesting thread.

I have told BelfastDispatcher he was crazy, although maybe not in so many words. I have argued with him for the better part of two years. I have earned an infraction through huge personal attacks against him. I have put him on Ignore.

Guess what.

BelfastDispatcher was right. I was wrong.

Part of being an adult is admitting when you're wrong. Others may do well to do the same.

Just sayin'.....
    03-28-14 09:16 AM
    Don't have to worry about the HUB disappearing, right? Only thing that annoys me is that I was gonna grab a 9930 on VZW. But even though on VZW it's a 3G phone, you can't buy the old style BIS BlackBerry Internet $30/month plan. You have to pay an insane price for gigs that I at least won't use.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    Buy a cheap PlayBook and get your money worth out of that big gb plan, that's what I'd suggest.

I'm the same, I have 6gb to burn now and they have me a data sharing sim which is in the iphone. I make sure I use them

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 09:18 AM
    One important thing to remember about OS7 is that it is still available on more carriers and in more shops than BlackBerry 10... makes it easy to figure out part of the reason it sells more.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:18 AM
    One important thing to remember about OS7 is that it is still available on more carriers and in more shops than BlackBerry 10... makes it easy to figure out part of the reason it sells more.

Posted via CB10
    That's because many carriers have stopped selling BB10 devices. 3 Mobile UK only sells the 9320 and 9720 now, no more BB10. Why do you think that is?

#believeinfilm
    03-28-14 09:20 AM
    Today Microsoft announced the resumption of Windows XP.
    Due to the low sales of Windows 7 and 8.

In other news BlackBerry announced they have restarted production of the BlackBerry Pearl flip phone.

If one is not moving forward then the world will pass you buy..

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    extisis and Nharzhool like this.
    03-28-14 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    And the phones are really cheap

extisis likes this.
    03-28-14 09:21 AM
    Buy a cheap PlayBook and get your money worth out of that big gb plan, that's what I'd suggest.

I'm the same, I have 6gb to burn now and they have me a data sharing sim which is in the iphone. I make sure I use them

#believeinfilm
    You couldn't pay me to buy another POSPB!!!!

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-28-14 09:22 AM
917 1234 ...