Hi guys, I recently acquired a BBB9900, I'm crazy enough (I guess) to not only buy this phone and want to use it as my daily driver after never owning a BlackBerry as a young college student, but also to develop for it. I'm studying computer programming as my major, even though I've only just begun to study Java independently.

I was wondering if any developers which brought apps or games to the platform have any tips or advice for me, besides "don't do it" or "there is no point" because I already considered these before deciding I wanted to take on this challenge.
    03-29-17 09:05 PM
    Stay in school!

Don't let the BB10 guys find out. They'll think you're crazy.

No, that's not it either

Have you taken a look in the Developers Forum? There's a wealth of archived info in there. You'll learn a lot playing around writing apps. Good luck and have fun!
    wuberry likes this.
    03-29-17 10:08 PM
    That would seem like the best place to look, but unfortunately I didn't find very many useful posts there. Mostly just redirects to install BB development kit, which is necessary but not at all helpful. I was hoping someone here had experience scripting in java. I'll just to my own independent research and if I find information that helps me, I'll make it available to others, if isn't already there. Thank you.
    04-06-17 11:13 PM
    Sorry bud

There were/are folks here who did some serious coding for BBOS, but it's been no doubt years, since anyone has.

Hey @Shao128 can ya lend a man a hand?
    04-06-17 11:30 PM
    That would seem like the best place to look, but unfortunately I didn't find very many useful posts there. Mostly just redirects to install BB development kit, which is necessary but not at all helpful. I was hoping someone here had experience scripting in java. I'll just to my own independent research and if I find information that helps me, I'll make it available to others, if isn't already there. Thank you.
    LogicMail is open source. Maybe you can find the code and examine it. That's always a great way to learn.

The developer, Derek Konigsberg, works for Whatsapp now and is still actively providing support to forum members for Whatsapp. You might try asking him for some pointers.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-08-17 08:35 PM
    P.S. Fix SSL in Whatsapp LogicMail for your first project

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shuswap; 04-08-17 at 09:56 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-08-17 08:36 PM
    P.S. Fix SSL in Whatsapp for your first project

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 08:52 PM
    What an awesome idea! Good luck my friend!

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-08-17 09:16 PM
    Never drink and post. Actually meant LogicMail. Equally preposterous though. :P

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-08-17 09:17 PM
    Never drink and post. Actually meant LogicMail. Equally preposterous though. :P

Posted via CB10
    Which should I quit? I'm sure most would encourage the latter.

I haven't used BBOS in years. Any developer actively updating apps, would probably be a great, and willing resource. Awesome suggestion!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-08-17 09:39 PM
    Which should I quit? I'm sure most would encourage the latter.
    LOL. Apparently, we're obligated to drink until the KEYone drops.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-08-17 09:49 PM
    It sounds like you have no experience programming in Java. I suggest you pick that up first in the desktop before having a go with BlackBerry. That being said BlackBerry developer site has a really simple "Hello BlackBerry " that steps you through the basics.
    04-15-17 11:42 PM