My BlackBerry Protect doesn't seem to work for some reason..
    Can't connect, it seems... :S

It is built-in to OS7. Look in the Applications Folder.
    09-16-11 05:02 AM
    I've got the 9850, but can't seem to get poynt, Pandora, or the national football post app to work
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Pirate_xx10 it's chelsea@poynt,

Just wondering if your issue is with the download specifically or with the functionality of the app itself.

You can contact us directly through the support function in the app itself.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Chelsea@poynt

PS: We are about to reach our 10 Millionth unique user - tell all your friends to download Poynt for a chance to win a 2000 dollar travel voucher! Check out Facebook.com/Poynt for details!
    09-16-11 12:56 PM
    Any apps I want that aren't available I have contacted the developers and they have all responded or sent me a link for the app that works on my 9930.

tapatalk and live profile have excellent support and take comments seriously from customers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 08:25 PM
    Ascendo DataVault is now available for OS7.
    09-17-11 07:45 AM
    Weatherbug will run, but the screen is all f*ed up sizewise. Quick pull installs but then throws an error message.
    The E-bay, e-office flashlight, and Google "quick search" apps all work fine if you copy the .cods for them from an OS6 phone with BBSAK or BB Boss.

Itd be nice to have a sticky for these apps, maybe with links to the .cods....

09-17-11 01:46 PM
    Weatherbug will run, but the screen is all f*ed up sizewise. Quick pull installs but then throws an error message.

The E-bay, e-office flashlight, and Google "quick search" apps all work fine if you copy the .cods for them from an OS6 phone with BBSAK or BB Boss.

Itd be nice to have a sticky for these apps, maybe with links to the .cods....

The links would be great if anyone has them. Or if there are any ota links or something like that for ebay. Has anyone gotten the amazon app to work somehow?

09-17-11 02:30 PM
    Now if only I could find a link to OS 6 copy of the CBS sports app until they update for OS 7.

And that shazam link isn't working for me, is it dead?
    09-17-11 04:21 PM
    Same. Would love to get the link to shazam...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 10:44 PM
    Yes on the Starbucks app.
    How did you download? I have the 9900 and it tells me my device isn't supported.....? I miss this app, need it back!

09-20-11 07:43 AM
    Quick update regarding the amazon.com app. I contacted their CS dept and they sent back the following message:

"Hello Kevin,

I'm pleased to hear that you are interested in using our service through your Blackberry OS7 device. Unfortunately I do not have a time frame in which or if it will become available through our services.

This suggestion that you asked is a valid one that I feel should be expressed to the developers. So I will passed your suggestion to the Appstore team for consideration as we make future improvements.

Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Unhelpful at best. Sounds like they may not support 7?

09-20-11 08:52 AM
    Also, just got this back from the guys over at ING Direct:

"Hello,
    Thank you for your email.* We can confirm our Mobile App team is currently engaged in development of a Blackberry OS 7 compatible application.* Although we cannot give a direct time table, we know many Blackberry users are under the same impression of our application.* Give us a bit more time to make sure the application is up to these standards.* Once complete, we'll be uploading the application to the App World as soon as possible."

Can't wait for this app!

09-20-11 12:22 PM
    Any apps I want that aren't available I have contacted the developers and they have all responded or sent me a link for the app that works on my 9930.

tapatalk and live profile have excellent support and take comments seriously from customers.

is tapatalk compatible?

if so, where did you get it from? Thanks..
    09-23-11 10:04 PM
    is tapatalk compatible?

if so, where did you get it from? Thanks..

I got Tapatalk from the CB App store here. It works beautifully too!

Peace...
    09-23-11 10:48 PM

Peace...

I should follow the golden 'search and if you can't find, then post' rule a bit more often..

I found it in AppWorld shortly after posting this..thanks!
    09-23-11 11:29 PM
    How did you download? I have the 9900 and it tells me my device isn't supported.....? I miss this app, need it back!

Sorry I missed your post till today. You are correct in that it's not supported yet but I have a saved jad file here and yes it works fine on my 9930.

http://mobilecarddownload.starbucks....MobileCard.jad
    09-24-11 09:13 AM
    I got the Kindle app from Amazon too, but I emailed myself the link rather than trying to dl it directly from the site.

Peace...
    Even tried emailing myself the link, but when I opened in bb browser, still got the "device not supported" message. Have you upgraded OS or done something else? Really missing this app!
    09-26-11 10:04 PM
    Even tried emailing myself the link, but when I opened in bb browser, still got the "device not supported" message. Have you upgraded OS or done something else? Really missing this app!
    Try this. Can't guarantee it'll work - but it worked for me and I hope it works for you.

using the browser on your phone - goto http://www.amazon.com/kindlebb?t=cra...bUvbUpU6711080
    on the next page click on Download for free

This should take you directly to the download page. Then click on Download.

Good luck!

Peace...

P. S. Let me know if it works.
    09-26-11 11:25 PM
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pandora doesn't work yet, at least not on the 9850 for sure.
    I have a 9850 and Pandora is working just fine. I did downloaded directly from app world though, because I was afraid I would have issues with device switch from my Storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforuyms.crackberry.com

09-28-11 11:12 AM

From Starbucks webpage--kind of made my jaw drop/heart sink. I think we got the Starbucks app BEFORE Android (and after iPhone). This was within the last 12 mos. And now we've lost it? I wonder why if they spent the money developing it--perhaps it has been a pain to maintain on the backend or doesn't integrate well into their system? Perhaps the download #s on the app were not what they had hoped? Or perhaps they just decided our "dying" platform doesn't deserve acknowledgement any longer?

Sadness.

"Thanks for your interest in Starbucks Card Mobile for BlackBerry. We’re currently evaluating support for the BlackBerry platform and will no longer be offering our current application to new users.

If you’ve previously downloaded Starbucks Card Mobile for your BlackBerry, you can still use the app in our 6,800 company-opperated Starbucks Stores, 1,000 Target locations, and roughly 1,000 Safeway locations."
    Last edited by ChrisInSD; 10-02-11 at 11:14 AM.
    10-01-11 08:48 PM
    Try this. Can't guarantee it'll work - but it worked for me and I hope it works for you.

using the browser on your phone - goto http://www.amazon.com/kindlebb?t=cra...bUvbUpU6725145
    on the next page click on Download for free

This should take you directly to the download page. Then click on Download.

Good luck!

Peace...

P. S. Let me know if it works.
    Didn't work out for me. Maybe it's a 9930 thing?
    10-02-11 01:04 AM
    QuickLaunch
    SixTools
    BerryWeather
    Telicost
    Google Sync
    RBC royal bank (it will say not supported on OS7, but if you downloaded the one for I think 9800, it will work? I think that's what I did)
    Quick Launch has some display problem on 9860. I purchased even ver 3.9 but still menus are displayed very very small.
    10-02-11 01:24 AM

Peace...
    LinkedIn is not working on 9860! App world is not allowing to install.
    10-02-11 01:27 AM
    String of responses--Marriott was my favorite--they don't even know it's not available??

STARBUCKS:

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the Blackberry application with us. It is very helpful to hear what our customers have to say as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products and service in order to better meet--and hopefully exceed--our customers' expectations. I will share your comments with the departments that are working on the application for their attention.

We realize that acting on feedback is essential to Starbucks continued success and are always grateful to receive suggestions from our customers.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to improve our services. I hope you continue enjoying Starbucks coffee for years to come.

STARWOOD HOTELS:

Thanks for taking the time to write us.

We are always working to improve our apps with upgrades and new features.

I can tell you that our app developers are working on making it compatible with the newest OS's. Please be sure to continue to check back to the app site.

GROUPON:

Sorry for any trouble you've been having! You can download the Blackberry app directly here:

Free Groupon - Download Groupon - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

This link should take you right to Groupon's page in the Blackberry App store. Currently our Blackberry App only supports the following devices:

BlackBerry models 8520, 8530, 8900, 9000, 9100, 9105, 9300, 9520, 9550, 9630, 9650, 9670, 9700, 9780, 9800

Unfortunately, if you do not have one of these devices, there is no version of the app for you to download. Rest assured that we are working to make Groupon available on as many platforms as possible.

MARRIOTT HOTELS:

Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

At this time, we are not aware of any updates for the Marriott App to be compatible to the new BlackBerry 7 Smart Phones.

Please keep checking the BlackBerry App World site for any news regarding this update.
    10-04-11 01:54 AM
    From Starbucks webpage--kind of made my jaw drop/heart sink. I think we got the Starbucks app BEFORE Android (and after iPhone). This was within the last 12 mos. And now we've lost it? I wonder why if they spent the money developing it--perhaps it has been a pain to maintain on the backend or doesn't integrate well into their system? Perhaps the download #s on the app were not what they had hoped? Or perhaps they just decided our "dying" platform doesn't deserve acknowledgement any longer?

Sadness.

"Thanks for your interest in Starbucks Card Mobile for BlackBerry. We�re currently evaluating support for the BlackBerry platform and will no longer be offering our current application to new users.

If you�ve previously downloaded Starbucks Card Mobile for your BlackBerry, you can still use the app in our 6,800 company-opperated Starbucks Stores, 1,000 Target locations, and roughly 1,000 Safeway locations."
    I will no longer frequent Starbucks due to this decision.
    10-04-11 05:02 AM
    I will no longer frequent Starbucks due to this decision.
    Probably be most helpful if you went to their site and sent them an e-mail telling them that.
    10-04-11 01:05 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD