I know maybe I'm dreaming here, but I'd like to create a thread where people will post feature ideas, in the hope that at some point, someone with connections can forward it to someone at RIM who has the authority to actually get something done about it.

I know BB10 is coming, and RIM is banking their hopes on it. But I do hope that OS 7.1 isn't abandoned, and that new features are added, bugs fixed, etc. I can't imagine that RIM will only sell BB10 devices worldwide, there's still going to be a market for cheaper devices, and maybe OS 7.1 can be the go-to OS for them.

I have only a couple ideas so far, to get things started.

So without further ado, the OS 7.1 suggestion box.

1. Document all the hidden features! Kevin's post about hidden alarm snooze adjustability is just one example. Either document them, or add them as clearly-visible features in the OS.

2. On the home screen notification list, allow one-click (or hotkey) dismissal of notifications, as well as global "clear all notifications."

3. keyboard shortcuts to toggle wifi on/off, toggle bluetooth on/off, toggle radio on/off.

4. keyboard shortcuts to access bluetooth device list

5. Please don't abandon BIS for non-BB10 devices! IMAP doesn't sync folders, and it should. BIS should support full Exchange sync.
    06-20-12 11:29 AM
    I would like to see RIM license Advance OS and LED and embed it as a standard feature in all OS7 builds.

Covers a lot of bases.
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-23-12 05:30 AM
    I need option Mute Camera
    06-23-12 10:24 AM
    1. Rich text support when composing emails.
    2. Folder sync support for imap
    3. Notification access from any where
    4. Bigger clock on home screen
    5. More than 6 email storage in phone book

No facebook or twitter embedded in OS, I don't want to let my personal data to share with others.
    BB is good for privacy and I like to the way we can control everything on BB.
    06-23-12 10:44 AM
    1. Make it easy to open .pdf, not only from messages (like iOS/ droid/ ask adobe to release adobe reader.app)
    2. Orientation lock for 9860
    3. Appworld review for each app version
    4. Port that delicious BB 10 virtual keyboard to touch BB
    5. Reboot now option
    6. Clock app can display different time zone
    7. My own renamed panels
    8. For 9860 when access contact on portrait show virtual keyboard automatically, or put letters a-z at sides so we can select or scroll to exact first starting letter we want
    9. Improved Notification, able to clear each or whole items for that app or clear all
    10. Rim default weather, stock, dictionary app and implement it on notification
    07-10-12 05:42 PM
    More languages available (I need Lithuanian and for some reason it doesnt provide it!)

Proper yahoo mail integration like gmail has.

Be able to watch a bigger range of movie formats.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD