is there anyway to make the sms go back to the way it was on 4.7? i like having a time/date stamp on every message. the new os 5 messaging thing is that they are all connected and it doesn't showwhen a message was sent and what time. it really comes in handy for me to know when i receive each message and not just when the last message was sent.
    11-17-09 06:38 AM
    When u scroll up to whatever was written it shows u at the top

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 07:11 AM
    is there anyway to make the sms go back to the way it was on 4.7? i like having a time/date stamp on every message. the new os 5 messaging thing is that they are all connected and it doesn't showwhen a message was sent and what time. it really comes in handy for me to know when i receive each message and not just when the last message was sent.
    Sadly, no. I downgraded back to 4.6 until an official release to see if they're planning on adding an option to turn threaded sms off. I HATE it.
    11-17-09 02:38 PM
    When u scroll up to whatever was written it shows u at the top

no it doesn't. on 4.7 every message had the time/date stamp on it at the top and it was great.
    11-17-09 07:23 PM
    Sadly, no. I downgraded back to 4.6 until an official release to see if they're planning on adding an option to turn threaded sms off. I HATE it.
    yea isn't it annoying? it's sad that they took that out. i prefer the old way sms is displayed over the os5 version. sadly, i don't want to go back to 4.7 as i've had error 552 with 1 out of 3 software installs. and the 1 out of 2 it would just say "outofmemoryerror" it was annoying and frustrating not being able to download anything with certainty. i have to stick with os5 if i want my phone to stay in my hands. if not, i'll soon be inclined to throw it at a wall. >_<
    11-17-09 07:27 PM
    Lol no, it's never returning, this is the most requested feature ever, threaded SMS is here to stay, and I can't find a reason to dislike it, you can still delete or forward or re-send individual messages, it's just much more organized. Do you hate new BBM too? Some people just complain about everything new, if you are like that then quit upgrading

Last edited by katiepea; 11-17-09 at 07:42 PM.
    11-17-09 07:39 PM
    On the Storm with 5.0, if you try to compose an SMS to someone it shows a two line white space on top, with threaded message texts if there are any, and then a single line for composing above the keyboard. Cannot scroll back through the composed txt nor can you select text to copy.
    I would prefer the three lines of space for composing so you can at least see what you have written.
    I don't know why anyone would request threaded text that would sacrifice usability like this.
    11-18-09 11:10 PM
    The new threaded text messaging is a little difficult to get used to, but i love it now.

You are able to view a date/timestamp for each individual message by just touching it. I can copy/paste on any message too.

The other thing is when typing a message on the Storm and want to view the whole thing (more than 1 line) just swipe the keyboard away and click again to keep on typing.

Once you learn how to use it, you will to like it, and should because it isn't going away.
    11-18-09 11:52 PM
    The new threaded text messaging is a little difficult to get used to, but i love it now.

You are able to view a date/timestamp for each individual message by just touching it. I can copy/paste on any message too.

The other thing is when typing a message on the Storm and want to view the whole thing (more than 1 line) just swipe the keyboard away and click again to keep on typing.

Once you learn how to use it, you will to like it, and should because it isn't going away.
    Nope. Doesn't work that way, at least with my .328. The threaded messages expand but you still get only one line in which to type. Why would anyone want to be able to read the old message better than the one being entered?
    11-19-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD