I updated my BB 8900 to the official OS5 a few weeks ago an although I really like how polished it is, I have been experiencing the following issues:

1) BB screen would turn white when connecting to my Mac. I can sync and access files on the BB but when I disconnect the USB cord, the screen remains white and I am forced to restart it to get back to normal.

2) Sometimes the icon row in the home screen would disappear. You need to scroll the selector to see the icons.

3) Once the BB restarted when trying to pair it to my car speakerphone. (It only happened once and has been working fine ever since.)

4) Had the SMS thread view issue that has been discussed enough in this forum. Luckily I was able to fix it following the steps mentioned in another post.

5) Wifi sometimes has issues reconnecting to previously saved internet hotspots. i have to go back and set up the connection all over again.

6) Image quality while scrolling through pictures is really bad. You have to "fit (the image) to screen" to see it in full quality (Probably not a bug, but a feature that I find annoying)

Anyone else having the same issues?
    01-19-10 10:09 AM
    4) Had the SMS thread view issue that has been discussed enough in this forum. Luckily I was able to fix it following the steps mentioned in another post.

What were the steps? I am having the problem and i cant find the solution anywhere in the forum
    01-19-10 10:35 AM
    I've had absolutely no bugs with 5.0.411
    01-19-10 01:18 PM
    I've had the white screen thing when plugging it in to either my PC or even to the wall charger. This happens intermittently though, and I have no idea why it does it
    01-19-10 03:17 PM
    I want to install this OS on my brother's 8900 but am hesitating. With anything that is not completely official (for your device), you don't want to, but have to expect bugs.
    01-19-10 03:37 PM
    Forgive a noob but I have the 8530 and I believe it has the latest OS and I have had any bugs yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:40 PM
    Ive been running .411 for weeks now and really don't have many issues with it. I do get the White Screen thing every once and while but everything else seems to be working fine
    01-24-10 01:22 PM
    I have this GPS bug anyone els have? I had this cod file from .238 and loaded them but still no light.
    I get error GPS update failed.
    02-24-10 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD