I've been running os5 for a while now and I love it, except for the few bugs I find here and there which include my phone freezing up whenever I try to set the alarm.. So I always have to pull the battery and just not try to set my alarm because the same problem will occur. Also Sprint Nav. does not work, it always tells me to turn on GPS when it is already on.

Was just wondering if anyone else running (or not running) os5 was having this problem, and if so how can I fix it? Thank you!

*Also, when the phone is laying by itself from not being used for a few minutes, it dims out.. but when i press BACK or MENU nothing will happen and i just have to keep playing musical buttons until it decides to wake up..

Anyone?
    11-27-09 05:59 AM
    Wow that sucks! I'm surprised you don't sound all freaked out. I would try to downgrade and or reinstall os 5 again.
    11-27-09 06:29 AM
    As for sprint nav ... Uninstall it and then redownload it. It will download the new version that does work with 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 09:03 AM
    I've been running os5 for a while now and I love it, except for the few bugs I find here and there which include my phone freezing up whenever I try to set the alarm.. So I always have to pull the battery and just not try to set my alarm because the same problem will occur. Also Sprint Nav. does not work, it always tells me to turn on GPS when it is already on.

Was just wondering if anyone else running (or not running) os5 was having this problem, and if so how can I fix it? Thank you!

*Also, when the phone is laying by itself from not being used for a few minutes, it dims out.. but when i press BACK or MENU nothing will happen and i just have to keep playing musical buttons until it decides to wake up..

Anyone?

The best thing you can do for your phone running a leaked 5.0 OS is install a hybrid over top of it. I am going to assume you're running .230, in which case you should install this hybrid--> BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.11 (5.0.0.230 based)
    11-27-09 10:56 AM
    anyone have any idea as to when 5 will be officially released on the Tour?
    11-27-09 01:00 PM
    anyone have any idea as to when 5 will be officially released on the Tour?
    Nope.

Everyone says "soon."
    11-27-09 01:06 PM
    The day before the tour 2 "ESSEX" is released, IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 02:27 PM

Anyone?
    hmm never had that problem, maybe install os 5.0.0.230 again, or just make the jump to hybrid i like it so far
    11-27-09 02:29 PM
    The best thing you can do for your phone running a leaked 5.0 OS is install a hybrid over top of it. I am going to assume you're running .230, in which case you should install this hybrid--> BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.11 (5.0.0.230 based)
    ok i just download and thats it?
    11-29-09 05:18 PM
    No, that's just the starting point. You'll need to follow the rest of the directions here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397/

I'm happy with the hybrid, it's a little more snappy and less thinking (the watch appearing)
    11-29-09 09:20 PM
    run the hybrid you will be satisfied.
    11-29-09 09:27 PM
    thanks guys, going through the installation process now..
    11-30-09 01:35 AM
    Question, do I have to *wipe my device after I go through all of this?????

I don't want to.. but if I have to..
    11-30-09 01:42 AM
    So MrsTokyo, how did it go? I'm just beginning the process, going from 4.7.1.53 to 5.0.0.230. My carrier is US Cellular for what it's worth.
    11-30-09 03:28 AM
    It went rather well however after trying to backup my data onto my computer *after installing the hybrid.. my tour continuously rebooted itself over and over after plugging it into my laptop, so idk what went on with that....

good luck
    11-30-09 06:28 AM
    so did it actually boot? or are you still havin issues? also i suggest backing up with Dm and loading the os with App loader
    11-30-09 07:05 AM
    It went rather well however after trying to backup my data onto my computer *after installing the hybrid.. my tour continuously rebooted itself over and over after plugging it into my laptop, so idk what went on with that....

good luck
    Every installation has the possibility of being different. My suggestion would be wiping and reinstalling. Back up prior to this if possible.
    11-30-09 07:41 AM
    Hey Ericxxxxxx -
    What are the instructions for loading the hybrid over an already functioning .230 OS load? The link gave instructions for loading over a 4.7xxxx, but only said "details coming soon" for the .230 load. I would like to load the hybrid over the .230, which I like alot......any guidance? Thanks......CC
    11-30-09 10:08 PM
    Hey Ericxxxxxx -
    What are the instructions for loading the hybrid over an already functioning .230 OS load? The link gave instructions for loading over a 4.7xxxx, but only said "details coming soon" for the .230 load. I would like to load the hybrid over the .230, which I like alot......any guidance? Thanks......CC
    If you already have the .230 leak installed, you have completed the hardest part! You should download the hybrid from here --> BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.11 (5.0.0.230 based) . After downloading, install to your hard drive by running the .exe file. Once you exit, it should run Shrink-a-OS automatically. Check off everything that you DO NOT WISH TO INSTALL. Click shrink, and then click run loader. This will begin the process, so make sure your tour is plugged in and recognized by this time. After clicking through a couple more prompts you are well on your way. Be patient. The upgrade process can take 30 minutes....

Let me know if you need anymore help or how it goes.
    11-30-09 10:26 PM
    I will also be here for help if you need it, i should be up here for awhile....
    11-30-09 10:56 PM
    So far, everything seems to work just fine. Boot time is greatly reduced, app speed may be somewhat faster, I like the threaded SMS, and battery life seems to be a big improvement.

Looks like a winner to me. Unless something major goes wrong, I'm at OS 5 to stay.

EDIT: BTW, in my case, I ran the executable for 5.0.0.230 and then ran Irtehun's 50v7.11 executable BEFORE connecting my Tour, so both were installed at once. It worked well!
    Last edited by rasmith3530; 12-01-09 at 03:09 AM.
    12-01-09 03:04 AM
    So far, everything seems to work just fine. Boot time is greatly reduced, app speed may be somewhat faster, I like the threaded SMS, and battery life seems to be a big improvement.

Looks like a winner to me. Unless something major goes wrong, I'm at OS 5 to stay.

EDIT: BTW, in my case, I ran the executable for 5.0.0.230 and then ran Irtehun's 50v7.11 executable BEFORE connecting my Tour, so both were installed at once. It worked well!
    Glad to hear that you have it up and running! Another Tour has gone to the darkside lol.
    12-01-09 08:36 AM
    I ran the hybrid install and I have multiple issues:

MTP mode does not work any more, when I attach the phone to Rhapsody, it attempts to update the track licenses and reboots

I use my Tour in the car connected to the AUX hook up in my stereo, I can only play one track at a time (mp3, since wma quit working). If I skip to the next song, it starts coming out of the speakerphone speaker. If I allow the songs to play, it does fine.

Syncing with DM takes MUCH longer than it did before.

I *love* the threaded SMS, i'm not sure I can go back to being without it, but that's a pricey trade.
    12-01-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the info, willyboy6...I will probably do tomorrow. Do I need to delete the vendor.xml file, like some of the other installs???
    12-01-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks for the info, willyboy6...I will probably do tomorrow. Do I need to delete the vendor.xml file, like some of the other installs???
    If you are installing one or Irtehun's hybrid's, it deletes the vendor.xml file for you.
    12-02-09 07:09 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD