I have been using .411 leaked version from early December on my Bold. Haven't had major problems with it after the browser and sms fix. I got a replacement phone in the mail today and I don't know which .411 version to use. I checked out the forums and it confused me even more with Bell and Swedish versions everyone is talking about.

Does anyone know which version is the best?
    01-20-10 09:35 PM
    01-20-10 09:53 PM
    yea the Bell Mobility THE BEST. Have been using it for some time now, and its pretty good.
    01-20-10 09:58 PM
    I know it's been confusing with everyone saying that this one is better than that one, or that one is more stable than this one. But I'm going to make it real simple for you.

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

It doesn't matter what carrier has released it, because as long as it isn't AT&T, you'll have to do the carrier specific fixes.

People don't understand that everyone's phone is different. So the same OS, leaked or not, will make your phone reboot, my phone drop calls, his phone super fast, and her phone nice and stable. You have to take into account apps installed, habits, remnants of other OS you didn't wipe, phone modifications, carrier, yadda yadda yadda. You people automatically assume that every little thind your phone does is all attributed to the OS. So maybe you have a ton of apps and you never close them - now you phone reboots and you want to blame anything but your own habits, so bash the OS.

By all means, offer you opinion so others can make more educated choices, that's why we're all here. But if you aren't sure you know what you're talking about, then don't go around saying telling people what they should be doing. The .411 releases are all the same. RIM doesn't give the carriers enough access to the OS for them to make changes in it's stability or functionality. They can take away some stuff, add some stuff, and modify some stuff, but only some of the top layer, carrier specific stuff. They can't go into an OS and make huge changes that cause your phone to do crappy things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 06:15 AM
    Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but I have not had to do any fixes, its working straight from the update. I'm on O2-UK.
    01-21-10 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD