Went ahead and updated to the OS 5.0 and a hybrid as well. So far it's great. My only concern is I have a problem sending an SMS to certain people. I'll click on their name then click SMS and it will bring up the new threaded SMS screen but won't have a box on the bottom of the screen to type my message in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 03:31 AM
    im glad you asked because i have the same exact problem..hopefully there is a way to fix this
    12-02-09 07:30 AM
    I think this is a bug that happens when you open an SMS a certain way. Try going in to the messages or SMS folder, then doing the menu, compose SMS, and finding the contact that way (as opposed to the way where you find that contact outside of the SMS and try to bring it in that way).

Make sense?
    12-02-09 07:34 AM
    I think this is a bug that happens when you open an SMS a certain way. Try going in to the messages or SMS folder, then doing the menu, compose SMS, and finding the contact that way (as opposed to the way where you find that contact outside of the SMS and try to bring it in that way).

Make sense?
    yep that works for me...takes a little bit longer but if it works it works right? thanks again!
    12-02-09 07:40 AM
    Thanks that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 01:04 PM
    I have this problem too, and even had it with 5.0.0.230 before i loaded the hybrid. I noticed though that if I have the persons name hilighted in the phonebook (don't click on the name to where you see the person's info) and hit menu>send sms, the glitch doesn't happen.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 12-02-09 at 03:55 PM.
    12-02-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD