im trying to get the leaked 5.0 for 9630 but all links are dead. does anyone have a leaked version that actually works??plz
    12-08-09 03:41 PM
    you and a couple of people are looking for the same thing, ill see if i can come across one.
    12-08-09 03:47 PM
    12-08-09 03:50 PM
    im trying to get the leaked 5.0 for 9630 but all links are dead. does anyone have a leaked version that actually works??plz
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/loo...y-tour-371952/
    12-08-09 03:51 PM
    it wont let me download... its says "you have to wait 52 seconds to download,lol, but that was my first time pressing it
    12-08-09 04:10 PM
    You have to wait until the countdown is finished then click on regular download. Patience.
    12-08-09 04:13 PM
    Hello,

I tried loading this on my Sprint BlackBerry Tour w/ the stock OS on it and it wasn't able to detect the update after I ran the downloaded EXE file. I am on BB Desktop 5.0.1. Am I missing a step somwhere?

Thanks in adavance,

Octavio
    12-09-09 05:19 PM
    Hello,

I tried loading this on my Sprint BlackBerry Tour w/ the stock OS on it and it wasn't able to detect the update after I ran the downloaded EXE file. I am on BB Desktop 5.0.1. Am I missing a step somwhere?

Thanks in adavance,

Octavio
    I suggest you use App(lication) Loader instead of the Desktop Manager when installing unofficial operating systems, whether it be beta or hybrid. You can find it within Desktop Manager, or separately in the Common Files/Research in Motion folder.

*Sorry for not knowing the exact location off the top of my head, I use a Mac and only boot into my Windows partition for BB maintenance.*
    12-09-09 05:26 PM
    I'm assuming the 5.0 OS will come out soon enough? Doesn't it mess up your warranty if you dl a leaked OS? And what's the BIG difference between the 4.1.0.7.0 OS and the 5.0 that makes it worth taking that chance?

Just wondering...
    12-09-09 05:38 PM
    I'm assuming the 5.0 OS will come out soon enough? Doesn't it mess up your warranty if you dl a leaked OS? And what's the BIG difference between the 4.1.0.7.0 OS and the 5.0 that makes it worth taking that chance?

Just wondering...
    The official 5.0 has been rumored to come out soon, in the near future, or eventually. There hasn't been a specific date set.

Does it mess up your warranty? Maybe. But just like the world of jailbreaking and Apple, as long as you restore to an official or stock OS before returning to the store, the CSRs and "techies" there will have no idea that you had an unofficial OS on your Tour.

And it's not like installing 5.0 requires you to be a super genius with a tech IQ of 12841289. As long as you know how to follow instructions and know how to check and uncheck boxes on Shrink and App Loader, then why not make the jump?

The worst that could happen is a bricked phone, and that takes 15 minutes to fix. Remove battery, plug phone into computer, run App Loader, re-install OS, fixed.

Here's some of the ways that 5.0 is better than stock, IMHO:

Faster bootup time. From battery insertion to trackball recognition, it takes only 2.5 minutes. Compare that to the stock OS, where you are without your BB for a good 6-7 minutes on average.

Faster OS and more memory. Combined with Shrink-An-OS to remove features that you are not utilizing on your phone, you can improve the performance of your BlackBerry Tour immensely. No more hourglass of doom.

Threaded SMS (.230 base). Probably the most mentioned feature of the 5.0 OS. Keeps all your SMS in a BBM-convo style to get rid of the clutter and for easier tracking of messages. Should have been a default feature in the first place.

To each his or her own, but I'm an advocate of the 5.0 OS because it improves the performance of my Tour and it makes me happy doing so.
    12-09-09 06:04 PM
    After you install the 5.0 OS on your pc, rename vendor.xml to vendor.xml.old in this directory:
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\AppLoader

Then run loader.exe in that same directory to load the os on your phone. Desktop manager is for chumps.

I'm on my 3rd Tour. Both that I returned had the 5.0 OS on it. They didn't care as the problem was with the trackball. If you call with a software problem and ask for help, they probably won't help you though. Or they'll take your phone and put the stock firmware on it. You can also just go back to the stock firmware whenever you want too. Just do it. Worst case your phone doesn't work any more.
    12-09-09 06:10 PM
    The official 5.0 has been rumored to come out soon, in the near future, or eventually. There hasn't been a specific date set.

Does it mess up your warranty? Maybe. But just like the world of jailbreaking and Apple, as long as you restore to an official or stock OS before returning to the store, the CSRs and "techies" there will have no idea that you had an unofficial OS on your Tour.

And it's not like installing 5.0 requires you to be a super genius with a tech IQ of 12841289. As long as you know how to follow instructions and know how to check and uncheck boxes on Shrink and App Loader, then why not make the jump?

The worst that could happen is a bricked phone, and that takes 15 minutes to fix. Remove battery, plug phone into computer, run App Loader, re-install OS, fixed.

Here's some of the ways that 5.0 is better than stock, IMHO:

Faster bootup time. From battery insertion to trackball recognition, it takes only 2.5 minutes. Compare that to the stock OS, where you are without your BB for a good 6-7 minutes on average.

Faster OS and more memory. Combined with Shrink-An-OS to remove features that you are not utilizing on your phone, you can improve the performance of your BlackBerry Tour immensely. No more hourglass of doom.

Threaded SMS (.230 base). Probably the most mentioned feature of the 5.0 OS. Keeps all your SMS in a BBM-convo style to get rid of the clutter and for easier tracking of messages. Should have been a default feature in the first place.

To each his or her own, but I'm an advocate of the 5.0 OS because it improves the performance of my Tour and it makes me happy doing so.
    ALL good reasons. However, my phone doesn't take more than 2-3 minutes to load from battery insertion to boot up time as is. I think the most convincing point in your post is the threaded SMS, which is cool. However, cool enough for me to risk frying my phone (again)? Not so much. But I appreciate the input, as I've noticed all the threads about OS 5.0 and I thought maybe, just maybe...it's makes you breakfast or something in the a.m., since it's sooo highly sought out.
    12-09-09 06:21 PM
    ALL good reasons. However, my phone doesn't take more than 2-3 minutes to load from battery insertion to boot up time as is. I think the most convincing point in your post is the threaded SMS, which is cool. However, cool enough for me to risk frying my phone (again)? Not so much. But I appreciate the input, as I've noticed all the threads about OS 5.0 and I thought maybe, just maybe...it's makes you breakfast or something in the a.m., since it's sooo highly sought out.
    No problem.

If you do decide to make the jump before the official OS is released, do not hesitate to ask for help if you feel you need it. The installation process will still be the same as a standard OS, so if you've already done one of those than it's highly likely you wouldn't need any assistance.

Let me reiterate that the three things I've mentioned above are just some of the benefits of going to 5.0. There's still a lot more things in 5.0 that I haven't touched on which includes faster browsing (from native and third-party browsers), to a re-designed and better looking UI, to better organized menus and submenus... the list goes on and on.

Good luck with your Tour, and hope to see you with the 5.0 crowd shortly.
    12-09-09 06:28 PM
    No problem.

If you do decide to make the jump before the official OS is released, do not hesitate to ask for help if you feel you need it. The installation process will still be the same as a standard OS, so if you've already done one of those than it's highly likely you wouldn't need any assistance.

Let me reiterate that the three things I've mentioned above are just some of the benefits of going to 5.0. There's still a lot more things in 5.0 that I haven't touched on which includes faster browsing (from native and third-party browsers), to a re-designed and better looking UI, to better organized menus and submenus... the list goes on and on.

Good luck with your Tour, and hope to see you with the 5.0 crowd shortly.
    Thanks! I've done the OS upgrade several times, as I've fried my phone several times...but I shall indeed ask for help if I decide to take the leap. Something to think about..
    12-09-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD