I understand that this has been discussed but its been a while. I have a 8330m and have been anxiously awaiting a leaked OS 5.0. Every day there are more leaks for different phones. Watching the leaked 8330 5.0 was quite painful. My question is do you guys feel its simply not going to happen? I'm confused as to why the ESN 8330 leaked so early and we have no info on anything for the MEID. I guess I might have to make the upgrade to the the new curve to see 5.0. What do you guys think? Will it EVER come?
    12-19-09 11:00 PM
    I'm sure it will come eventually, but I wouldn't hold you breath. An option you could do is sell your 8330m on cl or eBay, and the buy the plain 8330, or see if someone would trade. If I was in your area I would take that deal, I want true mms so bad. Just an idea. Or get the new 8530.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 11:09 PM
    RIM has stated they'll release 5.0 for the 8330. The MEID version is the future for the 8330, so I'm confident RIM will support it.

12-19-09 11:15 PM
    I think the m will be phased out for the 8530. I think Sprint is the one holding back the 5.0. It is painfull to watch other carriers make 5.0 the official OS for a variety of phones. I am not an expert, but I wonder if maybe the 8330m doesn't have enough memory to handle the Sprint aps, like Sprint tv and Sprint nav, etc, AND suport 5.0.

12-20-09 01:11 PM
    I would trade sprint tv for some 5.0 love

12-22-09 04:23 AM
    i dont see it happening. Their #1 selling device is the last on their list of priorities. I'm never gonna get a curve again anyway. not enough memory for anything anymore. curve2 is only 50 bucks but i'm holding out for the tour2 w/ wifi on sprint.
    12-22-09 11:52 AM
    i dont see it happening. Their #1 selling device is the last on their list of priorities. I'm never gonna get a curve again anyway. not enough memory for anything anymore. curve2 is only 50 bucks but i'm holding out for the tour2 w/ wifi on sprint.
    Essex and Tour 2 have the same amount of flash memory (256), both have a trackpad and both have wifi.
    12-22-09 12:01 PM
    Yeah I might just end up getting the curve 2. The only reason would be the OS tho. I love my curve and it is more then enough for what I need a phone for. The wifi would be nice tho

12-22-09 02:07 PM
    Essex and Tour 2 have the same amount of flash memory (256), both have a trackpad and both have wifi.

Thats because the Essex and Tour 2 are the same. Essex is the name for the Tour 2......
    12-23-09 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD