Currently using the new OS 5.0.0.509 firmware on my 8900 (Rogers unlocked using Fido)

I think the newest leaked os has more free memory. Also, the left lock key at the top blackens the screen and puts the device in hibernation mode. I personally really like the upgrade. No flaws so far

Hope that helps guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-02-10 05:18 PM
    it doesn't let me download the files?
    03-02-10 11:17 PM
    I am getting a "file temporarily unavailable" message when I click on either of the links in the first post. Anyone else?
    Yea same here, I don't know why? )=
    03-02-10 11:20 PM
    the download file is for windows. where can i get for mac os?
    03-03-10 06:43 AM
    Yea same here, I don't know why? )=
    I just tried and I can't get it either. File not available.
    03-03-10 09:24 AM
    Maybe try some of the other carrier's downloads... there are a few more listed here:

http://crackberry.com/official-os-5-...rry-curve-8900

Perhaps something is going on with RIM's servers. Who knows.
    03-03-10 09:28 AM
    I'm gonna try that link shabbs, because I couldn't get to them to DL from the two links at the beginning of this thread....wish me luck!
    03-03-10 01:16 PM
    Also, the left lock key at the top blackens the screen and puts the device in hibernation mode.
    So, you're saying with .509 there's no more keyboard lock?

Either it's unlocked and keeps pocket-dialing people, or it's hibernating and won't receive incoming calls?
    03-03-10 01:36 PM
    So, you're saying with .509 there's no more keyboard lock?

Either it's unlocked and keeps pocket-dialing people, or it's hibernating and won't receive incoming calls?
    It does not go into hibernation mode. It's a keyboard lock. The screen goes blank and the BB continues to receive messages and notifications and remains connected to the network. The only keys that activate the screen are the numbered keys as well as the send, bb menu, escape and hangup keys. Pressing/rolling the trackball does not illuminate the screen. When the screen is illuminated, it states that the keypad is locked and to press the Lock button to unlock.

Pressing and holding the "A" key invokes the lock like before.

No owner info is displayed while the screen is locked like it was with .411 and before.

Cheers.
    Last edited by shabbs; 03-03-10 at 01:59 PM.
    03-03-10 01:48 PM
    Thank you for this update .. but i have a question .. it wont differ if am downloading this software and using it in egypt ?
    and when i update it .. would it include all the features bbm and these stuff ?
    thanks for your time
    03-05-10 03:55 PM
    I hope someone can help me!! I've been trying to upgrade my os from 4.something to 5.0.461 since yesterday afternoon and my phone seems to be in a perpetual reboot mode. I tried deleting desktop manager and the os and downloading again, just in case the files were corrupt, but I still can't get past the reboot. For a while I wondered if it could be a battery problem but it happens even when it's plugged in. I've tried battery pulls, no luck. Can't get the phone to function long enough to install a new os. Any suggestions? I've upgraded a few times in the past, never had a problem. Is there a way for me to wipe the phone clean if I can't even get it stable enough for desktop manager or crack mem to see it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    03-06-10 09:02 PM
    So I go to download this thing, the jersey/wave version, and RIM wants all my personal information. What's up with that? No, seriously.

EDiT: This question was asked and answered earlier in this thread. I entered my personal info (slightly embellishing the glamorousness of my job title, of course) and downloaded the file. Now I have to figure out how to actually do the upgrade, lol.
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 03-11-10 at 06:39 AM.
    03-08-10 06:24 AM
    I hope someone can help me!! I've been trying to upgrade my os from 4.something to 5.0.461 since yesterday afternoon and my phone seems to be in a perpetual reboot mode. I tried deleting desktop manager and the os and downloading again, just in case the files were corrupt, but I still can't get past the reboot. For a while I wondered if it could be a battery problem but it happens even when it's plugged in. I've tried battery pulls, no luck. Can't get the phone to function long enough to install a new os. Any suggestions? I've upgraded a few times in the past, never had a problem. Is there a way for me to wipe the phone clean if I can't even get it stable enough for desktop manager or crack mem to see it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    You might want to read this:
    crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry
    03-08-10 06:26 AM
    After upgrading my network carrier (Orange UK) doesn't register? I have been through the option of the service books but still no look.... As a result my BBM doesn't work beacuse I cannot connect to blackberry!
    Any help?
    Thankz

04-18-10 03:45 AM
    After upgrading my network carrier (Orange UK) doesn't register? I have been through the option of the service books but still no look.... As a result my BBM doesn't work beacuse I cannot connect to blackberry!
    Any help?
    Thankz

Maybe you checked this already...but I've found that on a few occasions when installing a new OS the radio defaults to OFF in the new install. Just ran into this with 5.0.0.610. In case you haven't checked this yet, trying going into Options / Manage Connections and make sure the box for your mobile network is checked.
    04-18-10 08:11 AM
    i downloaded the OS thats listed on the first page of this thread im now following the directions step by step and it tells me that its not comparible with my device. whats up with that? please help

04-20-10 07:48 PM
241 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD