Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.760 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.760
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.461
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.42
    File name:
    8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel760_PL5.2.0.42_A5.0.0.461_MobiTe l_Bulgaria.exe
    or
    8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel760_PL5.2.0.42_A5.0.0.461_Jersey _Telecom_and_Wave_Telecom.exe
    File size: 125.59MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

As always, if you download this OS, please remember to delete the vendor.xml file.

The link for this download is here :
    MobiTel Bulgaria:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...30A8394B7218EF
    Jersey Telecom and Wave Telecom:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3E821D071AE97E

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8900:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
    02-10-10 10:43 AM
    Great stuf...hope they have sorted out the lock key problem! gonna give it a shot now! cheers
    02-10-10 10:56 AM
    Great stuf...hope they have sorted out the lock key problem! gonna give it a shot now! cheers
    Let me know about the lock key. I'm curious if any of these releases have "fixed" it so that it behaves like it does in .411.
    02-10-10 11:00 AM
    if I have the leaked version any purpose in DL'ng the official?
    02-10-10 11:03 AM
    Still downloading…contemplating whether to load this one on if I’ve already got the beta installed.
    02-10-10 11:15 AM
    still the same problem with the lock key.
    02-10-10 11:16 AM
    Aww man! what a bummer...can you see any other changes?
    02-10-10 11:19 AM
    still the same problem with the lock key.
    That's too bad. Oh well. No .461 for me then.
    02-10-10 11:27 AM
    I downloaded and ran the set up wizard, deleted the vendor.xml, and ran the loader via the file stated in the directions above. My bb is connected and the setup was able to identify all the files on there but when it came time to update the software, it wasn't able to detect my phone. I exited out of the program, disconnected the phone and re-connected it back and started the loader again but this time it said that there were no files to update. i checked the version and its still showing 4.6 on my bb. I also tried updating through the bb desktop manager and it shows 5.0 on there but still says there are no files to update. Any help?

thanks
    02-10-10 01:56 PM
    Thread stuck
    02-10-10 01:58 PM
    Still downloading�contemplating whether to load this one on if I�ve already got the beta installed.
    Its the same OS. No need to load if you have the beta. You wont see any changes
    02-10-10 01:59 PM
    Anyone try wipe OS then clean install fresh OS to see if lock-key works or not ?

dg
    02-10-10 02:14 PM
    I downloaded and ran the set up wizard, deleted the vendor.xml, and ran the loader via the file stated in the directions above. My bb is connected and the setup was able to identify all the files on there but when it came time to update the software, it wasn't able to detect my phone. I exited out of the program, disconnected the phone and re-connected it back and started the loader again but this time it said that there were no files to update. i checked the version and its still showing 4.6 on my bb. I also tried updating through the bb desktop manager and it shows 5.0 on there but still says there are no files to update. Any help?

thanks
    nevermind i just ran crackmem and it took care of it
    02-10-10 02:44 PM
    Anyone try wipe OS then clean install fresh OS to see if lock-key works or not ?

dg
    are you referring to the lock key at the top of the device? yes it does work after a clean wipe and install.
    02-10-10 02:56 PM

dg
    I did a wipe using bbsak 1.7 then installed the new os and lock key worked well for me. You could try that and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 02:57 PM
    are you referring to the lock key at the top of the device? yes it does work after a clean wipe and install.
    Without setting a password?
    02-10-10 03:13 PM
    Which file is the best to download? The bulgaria or the Jersey. Does it really matter? I just recently downloaded the OS 5.0.0.411 eastasia from the the forum. Any new features to this newest OS, if so what are they. Thanks

02-10-10 03:41 PM
    They are all the same platform number and file size, so no. No difference who you get it from.
    02-10-10 03:51 PM
    Mine doesn't lock.
    02-10-10 04:32 PM
    Without setting a password?
    Doesn't work for me. I don't have a password set. This is by pressing the lock button on the upper left of the phone.

However, if I hold down the A* key, it goes into standby mode, and need to release the standby by pressing the key on the upper right. This basically does the same thing, right?
    02-10-10 04:32 PM
    Can anyone comment in the changes/tweaks from .411 if any.

02-10-10 04:33 PM
    Any other problems beside the lock key button?
    02-10-10 04:49 PM
    Any other problems beside the lock key button?
    QuickPull Free doesn't work for me either.
    02-10-10 04:51 PM
    Can anyone comment in the changes/tweaks from .411 if any.

Please let us know of any changes, I'm curious too...
    02-10-10 05:04 PM
    Doesn't work for me. I don't have a password set. This is by pressing the lock button on the upper left of the phone.

However, if I hold down the A* key, it goes into standby mode, and need to release the standby by pressing the key on the upper right. This basically does the same thing, right?
    If you do a bit of searching on this and other blackberry forums, you'll see that "Standby vs Lock" has been discussed many times. Essentially, keypad lock simply prevents key presses from accomplishing anything other than to bring up a dialog box telling you how to unlock the keypad -- it's especially useful to prevent accidental speed-dialing.

Standby is reputed to do the same as lock -- and more, immediately shutting down the display and putting the phone in a low power mode that conserves battery. Although I'm not positive, I believe it's essentially the same state that the sleeper magnet induces in a blackberry (although I believe that the "holstered" profile is not activated when you put the phone in Standby mode).

Among other things, in Standby, only the Call, Hangup, Menu and Return keys are active (and the top right Mute/Standby button) -- all other keypresses and trackball presses are ignored. With just the keypad lock, all keypresses are acknowledged by lighting up the screen and displaying the Locked dialog. For this reason alone, "lock" can wind up using more power than "standby". With the phone in your pocket, without a sleeper magnet / case, odds are that you'll be activating the backlight a number of times with "lock" on, and probably not at all in "standby".

A few years back, when I got the Pearl when it first hit the market, I used to simply keep it in my shirt pocket all day. After the first couple of months, I learned that putting it in "Standby" model before tossing it in my pocket extended the battery life considerably. I do NOT believe that setting the keypad lock does anything to conserve power.

In the end - "standby" seems to do everything I could want in terms of conserving power and locking the keypad, while "lock" only locks the keypad -- something I can't imagine needing without performing the extra functions that "standby" provides. Does anyone here have a need for "lock only" functionality, without the extras that come with "standby"?

From my perspective, as long as I have standby, the ONLY reason I would want to use "lock" would be if I DID have a password, and wanted to lock the phone to keep others out.
    02-10-10 05:08 PM
241 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD