So, I have a tour (obviously) and I have been running OS .230 for about a month now.

Anyways, for about two-three weeks, I have been having a very bad problem. Sometimes (about two times per week) when I send a text message, it looks normal on my screen, but when the other person gets the message, it looks like i was typing and drinking rum at the same time.

Example:
    ON MY PHONE
    "Hey, How's it going, Im going to go to dinner now."

ON THEIR PHONE
    "I'm How's okefoei News Nigh to to odkwoaow Doubtful"

It adds random words, scrambles random letters, etc. At first, I just thought it was a random glitch, and it wouldn't happen again. But it keeps happening.

Any advice, or am i gunna have to reload the OS?
    12-12-09 04:43 PM
    hahaha, the on my phone and on their phone made me laugh.
    12-12-09 04:52 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm using the 5.0 Hybrid v7.11.

I've discovered that the jumbling isn't exactly random letters mixed in. For some reason it includes portions of the SMS message that you send just prior to the one which gets distorted on the receiving end

For example:

SMS #1 "Hey I'm going to the Library today at 5pm. Would you like to come?"

Then I send a message to another recipient with the following:
    SMS #2 : "Hey did you get that package I sent you?"

When the 2nd person receives SMS#2 it will appear including random sections of SMS #1
    For example: "Hey diOING TOd you geLIBRARYt the5PM packWOULDage I seCOMEnt you?"

I'm not sure if this is solving the problem but I've been making sure I back out of my messages to the home screen when I'm done reading instead of pressing END and since I've started doing that I haven't gotten any complaints about nonsensical messages.
    12-12-09 08:59 PM
    Just another reason why not to use beta or leaked software.
    12-12-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD