i am currently running 168 and while everything is awesome, the battery life sucks something terrible. i barely get 5 hours if that with ought going into the red. i am trying to install 199 on my bb but it keeps saying theres a problem with the app loader. i tried several times and with several downloads of 199. i keep having the same issue. i un installed all other os from computer before trying a new one. deleted vendor xml. just to check i even tried 174 and got the same issue. has anyone had this happen. could it be the computer or desktop manager.

ive upgraded 8320 curve and 9530 storm os just fine 3 days ago.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like an issue with your battery..... I have never had battery life that was that bad....and I am a heavy user

Ok, so my phone was nuked. It never came back on after 4 battery pulls. I did a wipe with jl_cmder then a app load of .199 with dm. It finally came back on and the new os is installed. I just did a restore of my earlier backup. contacts and info is there. no apps, or themes were restored though... I guess i,ll take what I can get.
    Sorry I didn't see this last night....but I am sick and crashed....what you need to do when this happens again is press and hold the red end key for about 3-5 seconds to turn the BB off. Then turn it back on and you should be good to go, but the best bet is to use one of the two default themes when you do a battery pull or re-boot. Some of the third party themes will get stuck on the boot up, some only do it if you have unread emails but some do it all the time. When it comes up if you are missing you icons you will need to change to a default theme and re-boot. Or just check the emails so they are unread then re-boot with the third party theme (if this doesn't work divert to the default theme and try it)
    Last edited by ClintRo; 04-01-09 at 07:04 AM.
    04-01-09 07:02 AM
    Sounds like an issue with your battery..... I have never had battery life that was that bad....and I am a heavy user

Sorry I didn't see this last night....but I am sick and crashed....what you need to do when this happens again is press and hold the red end key for about 3-5 seconds to turn the BB off. Then turn it back on and you should be good to go, but the best bet is to use one of the two default themes when you do a battery pull or re-boot. Some of the third party themes will get stuck on the boot up, some only do it if you have unread emails but some do it all the time. When it comes up if you are missing you icons you will need to change to a default theme and re-boot. Or just check the emails so they are unread then re-boot with the third party theme (if this doesn't work divert to the default theme and try it)
    the same thing happenned again last night. i pulled batt and it got stuck again. i just did what you said with red end key. then switched themes and pulled again. i guess it was the android theme i had in place. everything came back up this time on the reboot.

does this mean that i should no longer use that theme, or that i should take care to revert to stock theme before a batt pull or reboot.

in either case thanks clintro, you saved me a world of stress. and thanks for responding so quickly danieloco. crackberry so rules...
    04-01-09 09:58 AM
    the same thing happenned again last night. i pulled batt and it got stuck again. i just did what you said with red end key. then switched themes and pulled again. i guess it was the android theme i had in place. everything came back up this time on the reboot.

does this mean that i should no longer use that theme, or that i should take care to revert to stock theme before a batt pull or reboot.

in either case thanks clintro, you saved me a world of stress. and thanks for responding so quickly danieloco. crackberry so rules...
    Which ever you like... I still have it on my phone.
    04-01-09 10:02 AM
    So I've been running .199 since 9pm yesterday. I've noticed my ring tones are louder and have more memory. I'm at about 60% batt which isn't bad since I've left wifi and multiple apps on. The only problem is that I didn't backup my apps. Anyone know how to get Memopad, Tasks and BBM back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 01:34 PM
    you would have to reinstall bbm from Desktop Manager. Im assuming the same goes with memopad and tasks
    04-01-09 03:15 PM
    When I installed the .199 software it didn't have a lot of those apps bundled in with it. I had to re-install a previous build that included those apps. After the install of the previous build, just deny the core-os update (since that would revert it). Then you would go to the apploader and select memopad, and whatever apps you wanted.
    04-01-09 06:51 PM
    BBM, Memo, and Tasks dont show up as an available option in DM.

@derekcosta - Thanks for the info. What previous build would you recommend?

Anyone experience problems with not having original BB apps?
    04-01-09 07:32 PM
    I was running .133 previously, so that's what I used. Everything runs just fine.
    04-01-09 07:38 PM
    is 199 gets official ? (by indosat)

Package Version: 4.6.1.307
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.1.199
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.102
    * File name: 8900jEastAsia_PBr4.6.1_rel307_PL4.2.0.102_A4.6.1.1 99.exe
    * File size: 121.53MB

check this
    na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
    Last edited by adobe; 04-02-09 at 03:01 AM.
    04-02-09 02:54 AM
    is 199 gets official ? (by indosat)

Package Version: 4.6.1.307
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.1.199
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.102
    * File name: 8900jEastAsia_PBr4.6.1_rel307_PL4.2.0.102_A4.6.1.1 99.exe
    * File size: 121.53MB

check this
    na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

SO I wonder if there is any difference in the "official" release and the beta. Guess I just need to try it and see.
    04-02-09 08:35 AM
    I went to DL the file and they have the same 122mb.....
    04-02-09 08:57 AM
    Yeah I did the same thing too and decided it was exactly the same.
    04-02-09 09:14 AM
    I'm a newbie so in advance I apologize if my questions sound ignorant. But I attempted to download the indosat version from the blackberry site and it asked if I wanted to save the file but it's in binary. I backed out of it but really want to upgrade to .199. Charging my berry everyday is killing me! I waited for the "official" version cause I'm a wuss. Please help.
    04-02-09 06:42 PM
    Sorry I dont speak Binary but here is the link for the ...199.exe

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    04-02-09 06:44 PM
    Thank you.
    04-02-09 08:26 PM
    Hey guys i updated my direct download for the 199 official release
    Blackberry Curve 8900 Os 4.6.1.199 Download | Kush's Blog
    04-03-09 01:24 PM
    I went to DL the file and they have the same 122mb.....
    they are not the exact same file size i had both files and i can tell you they arent exactly the same
    04-03-09 07:54 PM
    There seems to be some confusion (again) over how to do a successful OS upgrade. The text below has been published a number of times because I keep it in a file ready to post.

To install or upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed on your PC.

Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

CrackMem from the link in my signature. Please download and install it and then read the Help file. It will really help you as it has a step-by-step guide to upgrading.

The OS that you are searching for. To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or in the Sticky at the top of the relevant device forum on CrackBerry. You can also obtain this from your carrier from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp. Remove all other OS installations from your PC.

In the case of 8900 OS 4.6.1.199, you can find it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...ficial-197040/

This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ Procedure will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.

The whole thing takes about half an hour and there is a part where the phone just sits there for a looooong time doing aparently nothing. It is working though, so be patient.

Help will be available here if you hit trouble.
    04-05-09 03:39 AM
    Thanks Pete6.

I was having probs before with the upgrade and followed all the instructions. I figured out why all my apps didnt show up.

After I wiped my phone, the App Loader would immediately pop up to upload the new OS. I forgot the check on the additional apps I had in my phone. All's well now and enjoying the .199 euphoria...
    04-05-09 12:42 PM
    I upgraded from .114 to .199 ten days ago. Everything was fine until last night, when I the phone started showing "initialization failed". I pulled battery several times to no avail. Also pulled out sim card and put back in again. Also did not work. I'm on vacation in a foreign country and without a phone. Will have to wait to get back to US and get a new SIM card.

I have TMO and Curve 8900.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but thought I would report it out. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Thought???
    04-07-09 08:44 AM
    I upgraded from .114 to .199 ten days ago. Everything was fine until last night, when I the phone started showing "initialization failed". I pulled battery several times to no avail. Also pulled out sim card and put back in again. Also did not work. I'm on vacation in a foreign country and without a phone. Will have to wait to get back to US and get a new SIM card.

I have TMO and Curve 8900.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but thought I would report it out. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Thought???
    I'm guessing that is actually is a coincidence. Yours is the first report I've seen of this, and many have been using .199 since it became available. It's also relatively unlikely that an OS bug that fries SIMs would only surface after 10 days of normal OS operation.

I think it more likely that you had a SIM with borderline pre-existing problems or some other kind of physical anomaly in the phone (e.g., an intermittent short circuit or something similar).
    04-07-09 09:59 AM
    Don't upgrade when you are overseas....

Sorry this happened!!

or you could unlock it and get a ppd sim
    04-07-09 10:03 AM
    ahhh, need a new fix. need a new one to feed my addiction
    04-08-09 12:53 AM
    Hl All

i am new user of blackberry 8900
    i am trying to Download the OS BlackBerry Curve 8900 OS 4.6.1.199 Leaked
    but the maga download site is block over here in KSA
    please give me any other like to download the OS