Hi,

Anyone who on Orange UK and paying more then �30 a month is likely using Orange Maps (a.k.a Telmap Navigator), which is free for these customers, like myself. The current version of the software is: v4.57.51 and it DOES work on OS6.

The issue is the useless Orange website doesn't recognise that your on a BlackBerry 9700, cause your running OS6. And with Orange's track record it could be months before they update their website.

Their customer service was completely useless and unhelpful since Im running an unsupported OS, which is 'fair enough' I guess?

The good news is - it is possible to get Orange Maps working on your Bold 9700 running OS6, but you do need to downgrade first, steps below explain.

1. Backup your BlackBerry using Desktop Manager first
    2. First download the latest OS5 firmware for the Bold 9700.
    3. Wipe your device using JL_Cmder v1.9 - so it comes up with the white screen showing error 507
    4. Reload BlackBerry OS5 onto your Bold 9700
    5. Now download and install Orange Maps to your Bold 9700 - download link: http://full.orangeworld.co.uk/p/trav...aps/orangemaps
    6. Now download the latest OS6 firmware for the Bold 9700
    7. Install it to your BlackBerry, this means upgrading! DO NOT wipe your BlackBerry
    8. Orange Maps will still be on the BlackBerry after the software upgrade and WILL work.

I figured this out myself and the hard way, the whole downgrade, install Orange Maps and upgrade took about 15 mins, if the software is already available on your PC.

Hope this helps anyone having trouble.
    11-21-10 05:20 AM
    You can also use BBSAK to wipe the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 03:25 PM
    Or you could try this URL to download Orange Maps directly to your OS6 9700:

http://wap.telmap.com/orangeuk/BB/On...eMaps_full.jad
    03-31-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD