I use Opera Mini 8 on OS 7.1 and have noticed it inserts ads between Web pages. When I click a link on a page, it sometimes redirects to interstitial.opera-mini.net, which shows an image ad (usually for an Android app) and a 'Continue browsing' link. This also occurs on Opera Mini 4 and 8 on other Java phones.

This is annoying as it doubles the time to load a page, and Opera Mini is the only good browser I've found. How can I block these ads on both mobile and Wi-Fi networks?
    Last edited by SAVVYSCLUTTER; 10-02-22 at 01:59 PM.
    09-30-22 01:33 AM
    I use Opera Mini 8 on OS 7.1 and have noticed it inserts ads between
    Web pages. When I click a link on a
    page, it sometimes redirects to
    interstitial.opera-mini.net, which shows an image ad (usually for an Android app) and a 'Continue browsing' link. This also occurs on Opera Mini 4 and 8 on other Java phones.

This is annoying as it doubles the time to load a page, and Opera Mini is the only good browser I've found. How can I block these ads on both mobile and Wi-Fi networks?
    They have to pay the bills somehow...

I know in the past you could install a beta version, but seems that's been getting them now. Might be a particular older version out there that still isn't "infected" with this nonsense. I doubt those using Opera Mini on the PlayBook could deal with interstitial ads...
    09-30-22 10:07 AM
    Might be a particular older version out there that still isn't "infected" with this nonsense.
    I've seen these ads on Mini 4.5 too and think they are pushed by Opera's server. Please tell me if you find a version without them.
    09-30-22 11:34 AM
    I've seen these ads on Mini 4.5 too and think they are pushed by Opera's server. Please tell me if you find a version without them.
    Have you tried 4.2?
    09-30-22 07:02 PM
    Have you tried 4.2?
    No - I'll try it soon.
    10-02-22 01:58 PM