seriously??? hmm...well, i will just give it a try
    That's just me though! lol
    I'm not sure if its happening to anyone else. OOAK's hybrid usually never goes wrong for my phone. Just this one :P
    01-02-10 09:24 PM
    seriously??? hmm...well, i will just give it a try
    Similar battery life issue. No reason for me to stay with 436. Going back to 419 MTS.
    01-03-10 12:06 AM
    That's just me though! lol
    I'm not sure if its happening to anyone else. OOAK's hybrid usually never goes wrong for my phone. Just this one :P
    I've had crappy battery life before that wasn't resolved by a simple battery pull. When that happened, I reloaded the OS and everything was all good.

So far, battery life has been good here.

No noticable differences from 5.0.0.419 (although I did end up with more memory... maybe because there are some specific files missing from the hybrid java that aren't normally shrunk out - I used the unshrunk version and shrunk it the way I typically do). The section where you add a bookmark in the browser seems to use different colouring, but that's the biggest change I've noticed. As per usual with most hybrids though, my memory is still dropping a hint faster than with official OSes. But I'm not too concerned at this point in time as I have to do a phone swap anyhow.
    01-03-10 12:16 AM
    No i've had some major issues with the battery life
    It drains like it does when my Vodafone Satnav is on in the backround.

i'm going to try install the .402 radio with the .428 java
    if there's any issues, i'll go with the official .425, and perhaps the .402 radio
    01-03-10 01:42 AM
    Found one improvement over .419... Seems that typing in the browser is improved over both .419 and .328.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 02:12 AM
    Battery life has been excellent. I've never had an OS that didn't exhibit some memory leak....until this one. After installing the apps I use, it showed 33.0MB. It's still at 33.0MB 23 hours later. Hopefully, the gauge isn't stuck

This hybrid seems much more fluid and smooth than the official MTS .419. No spinning clock in any of the apps anymore.

Thanks OOAKDPC.
    01-03-10 05:25 AM
    Can someone that has loaded this up please tell me if the black lines in SMS conversations are still present?
    01-03-10 11:04 AM
    Can someone that has loaded this up please tell me if the black lines in SMS conversations are still present?
    Yes, they are still present and the former fix still works.
    01-03-10 11:06 AM
    What is the fix for those lines in SMS?

01-03-10 11:10 AM
    What is the fix for those lines in SMS?

From the app screen, Options > SMS Text > Conversation Style. Change it to Stripes instead of Bubbles.
    01-03-10 11:17 AM
    O haha that was easy.

01-03-10 11:52 AM
    Hello people i have noticed a problem with the couple lastest 5.0 OS software for 9500 storm. the picture viewer has the habit of always degrading the picture quality. pictures after the screen is dim out (idle) i notice when i view pictures after they are compressed looking. only if i zoom into the picture the quality is back to normal. the only way i know of temporarily fixing this is by going to opitions>memory>press the bb knob>select repair memory card. afterward i can then go to pictures in media and view the actual quality of the photo. it is only when the screen dims (idle) the picture then looks disorted or compressed.

any of you guys are noticing this with the 9500 5.0.0.425 OS and up, and can you please help me with this problem.

i have to choose between getting the flick scrolling, smooth fast transition, accelerometer against having good picture quality to view.
    01-03-10 12:08 PM
    I have just tested this issue.
    1. Open picture
    2. Either enlarge the pic to original size, leave as is, or enlarge to bigger than the screen
    3. Leave everything till the backlight goes off
    4. Push back button to re light screen
    >In all three tests it didn't change the picture at all.

Then I also tried dimming in landscape and lighting in portrait. And vice verca...
    >again no issue

I am running 428 Java on 402 install & radio on my 9500

Hope installing that can fix your problem

Last edited by DJ-Icarus; 01-11-10 at 08:14 AM.
    01-03-10 02:54 PM
    Just wanna say thanks for this awesome hybrid....Storm actually works much better now..thanks dude
    01-04-10 06:27 AM
    I have just tested this issue.
    1. Open picture
    2. Either enlarge the pic to original size, leave as is, or enlarge to bigger than the screen
    3. Leave everything till the backlight goes off
    4. Push back button to re light screen
    >In all three tests it didn't change the picture at all.

Then I also tried dimming in landscape and lighting in portrait. And vice verca...
    >again no issue

I am running 428 Java on 402 install & radio on my 9500

Hope installing that can fix your problem

did u notice the problem im having and are you saying installing will fix my problem? and if so do i install 9550 428 and 9500 402 then copying the 428 java folder over to the 402?
    i also noticed the problem with the .436 hybrid that came out on new years.
    01-04-10 07:11 AM
    I am having no issues in my phone when running the described tests.

That is how you would do it, but remember after you copied the java folder you need to rename the theme file to remove to "_04" at the end.
    (you'll see what the original looks is called that didn't overwrite)

Then uninstall 428 so you only have "402" in your pc.
    Wipe device, shrink, launch loader and voila!

Just remember to backup.

If you still having issues, then I really don't know...
    That's exactly what I'm running ON exactly what I'm running

01-04-10 11:53 AM
    my Berryweather is not updating correctly since installing this hybrid. my only issue with this hybrid, so far its working out great.

anyone else have BerryWeather and noticing issues with updating?
    01-04-10 02:50 PM
    it did the same thing to me
    i had to manually select the .419 folder
    Just now in the process of loading this up on my phone. The same thing happened to me. I had to manually select the folder in SAOS. Threw me off for a few minutes until I figured out what was going on.

Hmmm. I seem to be stuck on the Restore Device Data process while restoring BBGroups.

I did not have any problems with the straight .419 so I will be curious on how different this is. I'm hoping for better memory management but I think the only way I will get that is to upgrade to the S2.
    01-04-10 03:21 PM
    my Berryweather is not updating correctly since installing this hybrid. my only issue with this hybrid, so far its working out great.

anyone else have BerryWeather and noticing issues with updating?
    No problems with it here. You have the 2.0.65 version?
    01-04-10 04:19 PM
    Up and running with .419/.436 for about an hour. So far so good. Haven't seen any major differences from the .428 hybrid yet. Hoping this cures my phone randomly muting during calls!
    01-04-10 05:00 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when setting an individual contact message alert the "Try It" button does not produce the alert sound when the sound setting is set to "Active Profile"???? It works fine when setting the individual contact phone ringtone, but not the message alert tone!
    01-04-10 05:15 PM
    No problems with it here. You have the 2.0.65 version?
    i'm not paying for another upgrade. already paid 9.99 for original and now they want more for an upgrade? no thanks. but it was working fine on .328. since this hybrid, not updating correctly.
    01-04-10 06:52 PM
    Only you can determine it's worth, grasshopper.

Thanks for the release!
    I just upgrade today from .419 and I have not seen any difference yet. But other people will swear that "this and that" is better because of it. It's cool to see 5.0.0.436 in the About screen though
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 01-04-10 at 11:23 PM.
    01-04-10 07:51 PM
    I don't know about other goods and bads as I have yet to see the perfect Storm myself but hopefully it's coming soon.

The one thing I wanted to point out is that this is the first OS which the keyboard can keep up with the fingers. (I haven't tried the .419 MTS official or any other .4** hybrids. My last OS was .328 official with some language files from .216.)
    01-04-10 08:52 PM
    the memory kidda leaked though,,but other than that its ok
    01-04-10 11:29 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD