A family member of mine has a Curve 9360 running OS 7.1. It currently has one Gmail account synced as well as a business email account (uses Google as its server). The latter account is able to sync its calendar without issues, but the former doesn't sync anything. It was working at some point.

I've tried unchecking and rechecking the calendar sync option, resending the service books, and rebooting the phone. Uninstalling the Google sync app didn't help either.

The last thing I haven't tried is removing the account entirely and then adding it back in again. I'm reluctant to do this since I previously lost contacts that weren't synced to Google, and many contacts are now duplicated from the last time a backup restore was done.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:41 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Google Sync App is now defunct and is as good as a fly trying to tow a horse.

Did you set the Default Services for that device? If you set contacts to one of the google accounts you have, then all contacts created from that point on will sync. I don't know about contacts that were created prior to that though so migh be a good idea to backup.

Yep, if you let it sync (download) contacts and then load a backup, you'll get the contacts from the backup into the local adress book and you'll get duplicates.

Finally, yeah, removing the account, doing a battery pull and adding it again seems to be just what you have to do.
    11-03-13 07:57 PM