I used to have an old blackberry email address (.blackberry.net) set up so that emails to that account would get forwarded to my outlook email. Can I still access that service still? Im getting lots of spam on my outlook account and I know it's coming from my blackberry account that's being forwarded. How can I stop that without changing my outlook email address? I don't even remember my blackberry email address anymore.
    05-01-15 01:24 PM
    I used to do the same thing. Forwarded it to my GMail. A good while back (seems like more than a year ago) I got an email stating that blackberry would no longer support this email address going forward and that I had 1 year of functionality left. It was only accessible via my phone (2 phones ago) and had no web based option to access it. So I changed my primary email for anything used the old BB address and waited for it to die. I still get emails that were originally sent to my BB address.

No idea how to access it or why it still works. I wish they'd just bring it back. I always liked having a BB address.
    05-01-15 01:55 PM
    All registered and active @blackberry.net, or @carrier.blackberry.net users, got email long long long long time ago (around BB10 launch) about the service would be discontinued, and that those who wanted it - could get 1 year of fixed forwarding to whichever email address you wanted... This year is also long long gone now... BlackBerry's service was one way to make a "push" system for their phones, - but in 2015 most serious Email hosts use IMAP with Push support - so that is no longer an issue. The system BlackBerry provided was also only a simple mail forwarder to your phone.. with NO option to access from web or other clients.. The service was also included as part of the BIS package, which was paid for by the carriers (and your dataplan).

the world has moved on ..

I use Google Apps, and online Outlook.com account - and I don't get any trouble with SPAM. They both seems to move SPAM Away from the Inbox and into the SPAM folders quick enough to prevent from being pushed to my BlackBerry. But no automatic systems are perfect- and from time to time I do check the SPAM folders for any wrongfully sorted mail.. it happens a few times pr week - but overall the system gets better and better. I would Never trust any system that Deletes SPAM instead of simply moving into a folder for a few weeks...
    05-01-15 02:28 PM
    I don't really use that outlook email address for anything other than when I'm responding to ads on Craigslist or other sources I don't really care for them to have my personal email so I guess it's either just continue to delete the spam or delete altogether and get a new address...
    05-01-15 02:57 PM
    It does indeed go into my spam, not into my in folder though, so it's not too bad.....
    05-01-15 02:58 PM
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I can create a carrier.blackberry.net e-mail address.
    05-15-15 01:06 PM
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I can create a carrier.blackberry.net e-mail address.
    You are using a PRE OS 10 device. Otherwise you would not be saying what you are saying. Thanks for playing, keep up the reading and learning.
    05-15-15 02:18 PM