I downloaded the newest 5.0, and I've never done this before.

I have backed up my Tour using Desktop Manager.

So now, can I basically just hook up my Tour and click on the 5.0 file I downloaded and it'll do the rest for me?
    01-05-10 10:31 PM
    help please.
    01-05-10 11:00 PM
    There are so many guides on this website that tell you exactly how to do this, i'm not even sure why i'm responding. I don't mean to be a *****, but please, just look around!
    01-05-10 11:08 PM
    I have already, and the majority of the guides add in so much extra crap that it just gets confusing.

And it would have taken you much less time to just type a yes/no than to type what you posted, since you're so concerned about wasting your own time.
    01-05-10 11:12 PM
    01-05-10 11:22 PM
    Can I just simply get a yes or a no? I have everything ready to go if this is just all I need to do.
    01-05-10 11:22 PM
    C drive
    Program Files
    Common Files
    Research in Motion
    App Loader
    Vendor
    Delete the vendor file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 11:25 PM
    I have already, and the majority of the guides add in so much extra crap that it just gets confusing.

And it would have taken you much less time to just type a yes/no than to type what you posted, since you're so concerned about wasting your own time.
    My point wasn't that i was wasting my time, I was only attempting to point out that the resources available on this site are there for a reason. The first time you install a non-official OS, it IS going to seem very complicated and confusing. You'll get the hang of it. Here, i'll give you a quick synopsis:

1)backup
    2)wipe device
    3) Uninstall any old OS's from computer, install 5.0 OS to computer.
    4) navigate to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/AppLoader and delete vendor.xml
    5)run loader.exe in that same folder
    6)go through your install process
    7) do a batt pull or two until things smooth out
    8) restore your backup
    9) rock out.
    01-05-10 11:26 PM
    Good synopsis.

Sorry, OP, it was hard to know what steps you did/didn't do. You'll find help here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 11:28 PM
    I know that sometimes a bit of moral support is really nice. I did an update last night and I kind of was nervous even though I have done them before but each one brings a bit of trepidation. And last night all went well and I left my BB to do its thing when the message prompt said the step could take 1/2 an hour. Came back and nothing seemed to have happened an hour later. The reinstall of my data died for some reason! The phone had this tiny box that said reset! All was well but I did have to run DM to reinstall my data myself.

Good wishes to the OP.
    01-06-10 12:12 AM
    Make sure you get bbsak and backup your third party apps..
    01-06-10 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD