Good news! here is the oficial OS 5.0 for ours blackberry's 8900!!

Software Download for Optus Mobile Pty Limited
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4E92D025A75D1F

Software Download for Vodafone DE
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...374C8919D2074E

Software Download for Vodafone Spain
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BFCBB00C48F133

Have good luck and remember make backup of yours phones!
    01-06-10 07:37 PM
    Schweet! This is awesome. Even though it was leaked. Just makes me feel tingles inside!
    01-06-10 07:54 PM
    thats some good stuff !

Doesn't matter which one we download, as long as we delete the vendor file ?
    01-06-10 10:05 PM
    So if I am running the beta version of 5.0.0.411, is there a reason for me to install the official version?
    01-06-10 10:22 PM
    So if I am running the beta version of 5.0.0.411, is there a reason for me to install the official version?
    No, it's the exact same file
    01-07-10 12:46 AM
    So this is what I don't get. I've been running this os since it first leaked and it's a little buggy. The leak before it was great and for a lot of other rogers users.

This one I get the white ap problem, a rainbow color strip in sms replies, uma isn't as stable as other build, i drop calls while using data.

So if it's always the same file

a. why do some carriers wait longer than others to officially release?
    b. I have to accept the bugs (rainbow thing, white wp) now that it's official?
    01-07-10 01:15 AM
    I just upgraded to 5.0.411 on 8900.. Lost bbm, gtalk, live messenger, app world etc.. how do i go about restoring these ? Any help would be appreciated..
    01-07-10 01:37 AM
    a. why do some carriers wait longer than others to officially release?
    b. I have to accept the bugs (rainbow thing, white wp) now that it's official?
    It's up to each carrier to decide if whether or not a build is stable enough to be release. Some carrier wait longer coz they just don't care about upgrading.

You still can downgrade your device to 4.7 via bbm and wait for a more stable build.

I just upgraded to 5.0.411 on 8900.. Lost bbm, gtalk, live messenger, app world etc.. how do i go about restoring these ? Any help would be appreciated..
    You can save application but you must do it before upgrading. As far as i know, you need to redownload them
    01-07-10 07:27 AM
    any issues on 8900s from Rogers (Canada) with offishall .411?
    01-07-10 12:08 PM
    any issues on 8900s from Rogers (Canada) with offishall .411?
    ill second that... want some feed back before i take the plunge since its not official for rogers quite yet... and that makes me wonder if rogers will wait for a new build to make that official
    01-07-10 03:24 PM
    Anyone noticed a significant improvement on battery life? Someone stated that it increased by 4 hours...
    01-08-10 07:31 AM
    Anyone noticed a significant improvement on battery life? Someone stated that it increased by 4 hours...
    After having downloaded and installed OS 5.1.1.411 on my 8900 about 48 hours ago, it appears that the battery life is improved significantly over 4.6.1.231. However, I have experienced the following odd bugs: 1) the sound volume is reduced, despite editing my profiles to the highest volume possible, 2) all of my e-mails and SMS messages have the GMail logo to the left of each message, even if the message was not sent or received from my GMail account, 3) there seems to be a little longer delay in receiving e-mails, at least compared to my previous OS, 4) Poynt will no longer allow me to add a restaurant or business to my Address Book, and 5) I get random notifications for e-mails received, even if none show up as being received.

Otherwise, it seems like an interesting upgrade, and certainly freshens the 8900 experience.
    01-08-10 10:20 AM
    As an update, I changed my theme from "BerryBliss", which I've used for months, and had upgraded to an OS5-compatible version, back to the stock Zen theme, and that corrected all of the above issues except for the Poynt bug.
    01-08-10 10:59 AM
    Anyone using UMA? If so, what has the quality of the calls been like and has it stayed connected. I'm currently on 5.0.0.348 and its been great for UMA.
    01-08-10 03:48 PM
    After having downloaded and installed OS 5.1.1.411 on my 8900 about 48 hours ago, it appears that the battery life is improved significantly over 4.6.1.231. However, I have experienced the following odd bugs: 1) the sound volume is reduced, despite editing my profiles to the highest volume possible, 2) all of my e-mails and SMS messages have the GMail logo to the left of each message, even if the message was not sent or received from my GMail account, 3) there seems to be a little longer delay in receiving e-mails, at least compared to my previous OS, 4) Poynt will no longer allow me to add a restaurant or business to my Address Book, and 5) I get random notifications for e-mails received, even if none show up as being received.

Otherwise, it seems like an interesting upgrade, and certainly freshens the 8900 experience.

1. I had that as well, another battery pull did the trick and restored my volume as usual
    2. I dont have that problem
    3. I did not notice that, but it seems a bit longer for reconciliation
    4. Poynt still unavailable in belgium
    5. nope

Txs, battery life is indeed even better...
    01-11-10 11:02 AM
    Hey,

I'm on ATT and just upgraded to .411 on an unlocked T-Mobile 8900.

I'm having a couple of issues that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I've already read pages and pages of info and have yet to cone up with anything.

After upgrading, the google search bar is missing under the address bar when I push "G" in the browser. Is that an ATT issue, or am I able to fix this?

I also am not able to assign a homepage for the browser and it only shows "MediaNet" as the available browser.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Joe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 09:22 PM
    I've noticed that if I manually turn the phone off (i.e. hold the End key for several seconds) and then turn the phone on again... it fails to show "EDGE". It will only show "edge".

This bug can also be replicated if you use the auto on/off feature... when it turns back on, it will only show "edge" and not "EDGE".

Other than that, it's a great OS... works great and I have no complaints.
    01-14-10 08:38 PM
    I've noticed that if I manually turn the phone off (i.e. hold the End key for several seconds) and then turn the phone on again... it fails to show "EDGE". It will only show "edge".

This bug can also be replicated if you use the auto on/off feature... when it turns back on, it will only show "edge" and not "EDGE".

Just tried it and mine shows EDGE...no problem here

01-14-10 08:49 PM

I think I'm experiencing the same bug as you, see my thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/no-data-connection-but-registered-network-392581/

I use auto on/off to switch the phone on in the morning (used as an alarm clock) and my data connection will not change from gprs to GPRS. When I leave the house and get an improved signal it then changes direct to EDGE, when exiting EDGE coverage it then reverts correctly to GPRS.

So it seems that there may be a bug with the initial connection to a data network ??????

01-15-10 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD