01-11-10 12:44 AM
37 12
tools
    XilinxUnder - The SMS issue was that all your messages will be combined into one thread. Even though the messages are from different contacts. The solution before was to replace the .cod file for SMS with an older version. I think from the .314 build.

jdoggfoelife - I didn't experience the battery pull problem with the beta but the battery does have a noticable drop when it reboots itself. All I experience with a battery pull is the faster loading time.
    I upgraded to this version 5.0 for the first time but still having the SMS issue you mentioned.

Are you guys OK with the official release on this issue?
    I don't have the .314 build, any idea on solving this problem?

Thanks!
    01-07-10 12:23 AM
    test running video (mp4) on 411 is not smooth.
    beside video Not Smooth, I can't set existing Blackberry RingTone/Alerts (Ringer_..., Notifier_..., etc) :'(
    error: " Invalid ring tone selected, please make another selection "

does anyone has the same problems??
    Last edited by IndieBerry; 01-07-10 at 03:43 AM.
    01-07-10 02:36 AM
    I installed the new os this morning, I dont see visual voice mail. Did I do something wrong?
    I had the same experience with my Bold 9000 on AT&T. I'm also having trouble direct dialing (ie. via my #1 key) my voice mail. These are both frustrating - but I'm going to stick with 5 for now anyway. If there's a way to fix the visual voice mail problem, I'd love to know it.
    01-07-10 08:34 AM
    Am I supposed to wait for the official release from my carrier? I'm afraid to try to install an unofficial one. I'm on AT&T by the way.
    01-08-10 01:25 AM
    Am I supposed to wait for the official release from my carrier? I'm afraid to try to install an unofficial one. I'm on AT&T by the way.
    You don't have to wait. If you feel comfortable enough to mess with the OS on your phone. You can put another carriers OS on your phone if you delete the vendor file. My experience with .411 (I'm also using a 9000 on att) has not been a good one. I can deal with the camera bug, and doing the browser fix. I don't care about VVM because I use Google voice. The reboots however are not something I can live with. I have had my phone reboot while using Google voice to call overseas, and w/o GV to call local. I also had my phone reboot while I was using Geocache Navigator (3rd party app) which I cannot live with.
    01-08-10 07:41 AM
    What other findings can you tell us? Does it reboots? The .411 beta that I'm using would reboots but not as constantly as the build before it. How about the SMS problem which a lot of us had? Is it fine without the need to replace the .cod file? Thanks for testing it for us.
    I don't use SMS alot so I had to hold off answering until I could generate some. Here is what I observed. If you do not clear out all SMS before upgrading, those SMS messages will be combined. Any new ones stay in their own thread.
    01-08-10 10:23 AM
    there's nothing wrong with this new os. i think you guys just dont know how to use it properly.
    01-08-10 10:47 AM
    You don't have to wait. If you feel comfortable enough to mess with the OS on your phone. You can put another carriers OS on your phone if you delete the vendor file. My experience with .411 (I'm also using a 9000 on att) has not been a good one. I can deal with the camera bug, and doing the browser fix. I don't care about VVM because I use Google voice. The reboots however are not something I can live with. I have had my phone reboot while using Google voice to call overseas, and w/o GV to call local. I also had my phone reboot while I was using Geocache Navigator (3rd party app) which I cannot live with.
    I'm not at all confident enough in my abilities since I just got my BB a couple of months ago and I have a Mac too so I think it would make it even more difficult. I wonder how long I'll have to wait for the official release from AT&T...
    01-09-10 12:39 AM
    I've just installed this os version and it is the same as the .411 beta.

Has the same camera icon problems
    Has the same background wallpaper/transparency problem
    Has the same LED semaphore problem (blinks red for a long time after clearing alert)

It looks like 5.0.0.238 is still the best even though it doesn't have the newer gui designs.

bummer.

I can't believe that Bell mobility would give their customers beta software. What's wrong with these people?
    thanks for this response... I'm just gonna stick with my beta and forget about this then...
    01-10-10 09:50 AM
    i had the same sms issue and the screen would also randomly turn on while it was locked and holstered about every 10-15mins, i ended up going back to my original 3mobile 4.6.0.418 os.

isn't there any software writers on here that can take the new os 5 and fix the issues that take rim forever to do, or better yet make a new free os like linux is to windows that way its the users that have the final say in how it works
    01-10-10 10:50 PM
    downloaded it, deleted the vendox.xml, ran the loader and after it load finish i was still on OS 4.6 instead of 5.0..

help?
    01-10-10 11:06 PM
    downloaded it, deleted the vendox.xml, ran the loader and after it load finish i was still on OS 4.6 instead of 5.0..

help?
    search the forums for "Proper downgrade - upgrade procedure" or "blackberry 101 - how to install or upgrade" ..... follow instructions exactly
    01-11-10 12:44 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD