It is finally here!!! This is not a leaked. This is not a joke. Official OS5 for Bold 9000 from Bell Mobility Inc.

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.661 (EastAsia)
    File Name: 9000jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel661_PL5.2.0.33_A5.0.0.41 1_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
    Download Size: 118.427 MB
    Language: English
    Published Date: 01/04/2010

Download link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1F676C19D5F9A4
    01-04-10 10:54 PM
    If this is true then yay!!! I've been using this for a while now and it is a very good OS. Radio on 4.6.0.307 is still more stable, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 11:24 PM
    so the real question is...i am using .411 beta right now. Does it pay to upgrade to official, or is it the exact same software?
    01-05-10 12:10 AM
    Hi all,
    what about the download ? It's pretty slow at the moment.
    01-05-10 12:38 AM
    01-05-10 12:53 AM
    so the real question is...i am using .411 beta right now. Does it pay to upgrade to official, or is it the exact same software?
    I want to know this question also. This seems like the exact same as the .411 leak.
    01-05-10 02:14 AM
    Its the exact same software.

01-05-10 02:19 AM
    I guess most of us have to wait for the next official release version since a lot of us are using the beta version already A really great build though
    01-05-10 03:48 AM
    I installed this and deleted the vendor.xml file but during installation I see this message "Only active BlackBerry Service Subscribers are entitled to install this device software upgrade"

Any suggestions to get past this?

My phone is a Bold 9000, originally on AT&T, but unlocked and running on T-Mobile.

--Charley

It is finally here!!! This is not a leaked. This is not a joke. Official OS5 for Bold 9000 from Bell Mobility Inc.

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.661 (EastAsia)
    File Name: 9000jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel661_PL5.2.0.33_A5.0.0.41 1_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
    Download Size: 118.427 MB
    Language: English
    Published Date: 01/04/2010

Download link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1F676C19D5F9A4
    01-05-10 02:19 PM
    Does anybody know if this "Official" release has the camera issue fixed??
    01-05-10 03:41 PM
    Well - I am not going to argue with the experts but this .411 release acted very differently than the .411 beta I uninstalled. VMM worked right out of the box. It identified the BB App World, Yahoo and Facebook needed to be updated. The only problem I see is Internet Browser is not installed. I don't understand why that would happen with a release version. I guess I am off to try to install it without breaking this upgrade.
    01-05-10 06:50 PM
    What other findings can you tell us? Does it reboots? The .411 beta that I'm using would reboots but not as constantly as the build before it. How about the SMS problem which a lot of us had? Is it fine without the need to replace the .cod file? Thanks for testing it for us.

Well - I am not going to argue with the experts but this .411 release acted very differently than the .411 beta I uninstalled. VMM worked right out of the box. It identified the BB App World, Yahoo and Facebook needed to be updated. The only problem I see is Internet Browser is not installed. I don't understand why that would happen with a release version. I guess I am off to try to install it without breaking this upgrade.
    01-05-10 07:11 PM
    Please enlighten me on the SMS issue. I don't see anything yet. Also I have to research the camera issue. I am really scared to try the Internet Browser fix as the last times it would not work for me without a complete wipe and then it still was not stable.
    01-05-10 07:39 PM
    What I really would like to ask is if the battery pull problem still persists. When you would do one and your batt life would drop dramatically?? If its not fixed I won't bother to upgrade from .238 as I do not have time to be charging my phone all day. Eventually it will ruin your battery altogether.

So has anyone noticed if this has been fixed or not?

01-05-10 08:04 PM
    Hi,
    Is there any difference between the device s/w for Bell & Rogers ?
    01-05-10 08:24 PM
    XilinxUnder - The SMS issue was that all your messages will be combined into one thread. Even though the messages are from different contacts. The solution before was to replace the .cod file for SMS with an older version. I think from the .314 build.

jdoggfoelife - I didn't experience the battery pull problem with the beta but the battery does have a noticable drop when it reboots itself. All I experience with a battery pull is the faster loading time.
    01-05-10 08:36 PM
    XilinxUnder - The SMS issue was that all your messages will be combined into one thread. Even though the messages are from different contacts. The solution before was to replace the .cod file for SMS with an older version. I think from the .314 build.

jdoggfoelife - I didn't experience the battery pull problem with the beta but the battery does have a noticable drop when it reboots itself. All I experience with a battery pull is the faster loading time.
    Oh ok cool. So I guess it is just as stable or more stable than .411 then? Worth upgrading from .238? I downloaded it already, just haven't installed it yet.

Also, how is the radio? Stable?

01-05-10 08:48 PM
    I'm unable to load it onto my phone. I downloaded it before wiping my phone.

I was using the leaked .411. I used BBSK to wipe it clean, I couldn't load Bell's .411 nor could I get back the leaked version back on no matter what I tried or for how long I tried.

Now I'm back to Rogers .303

I can't believe I'm being forced back to 4.6!!
    01-05-10 10:09 PM
    Just a couple of questions I've searched here and Google for the answers to with no info...if I missed it please re-direct me.

In this Official .411 release when you go to Media, and hit the Blackberry key (options) is there an option to Explore? I lost the Explore ability after the upgrade from .314 to leaked/beta .411; it's just not there. Also, once you've entered your Picture folder, and you again hit Blackberry key, then choose options...can we once again set the number of thumbnails across we'd like to see? Or is it still preset at 4 across?

These aren't a big deal for me, just curious...I know on my wife's new (Christmas) Bold 9700 these options are of course standard with 5.xx, but my lowly 9000 is missing out
    01-05-10 10:54 PM
    Just in case some people are having a hard time downloading the file, I've uploaded it to rapidshare:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

poet145 - I got the Explore option when I open up the Media folder.
    01-06-10 02:12 AM
    poet145 - I got the Explore option when I open up the Media folder.
    I decided to check a few things out and it seems as though it's not the OS on the phone, it's my theme. I must have messed with the folders too much in creating it in Plazmic...now to tweak those settings.

Thanks.
    01-06-10 05:45 PM
    test running video (mp4) on 411 is not smooth.
    01-06-10 07:09 PM
    I installed the new os this morning, I dont see visual voice mail. Did I do something wrong?
    01-06-10 07:43 PM

i'm scrolling through these posts to see if a solution has been found, but have you figured it out? i've got att and i am only able to use mediaNet, i've resent service books, deleted and undeleted the browser service book...i dont know what else to do

help!
    01-06-10 08:01 PM
    I've just installed this os version and it is the same as the .411 beta.

Has the same camera icon problems
    Has the same background wallpaper/transparency problem
    Has the same LED semaphore problem (blinks red for a long time after clearing alert)

It looks like 5.0.0.238 is still the best even though it doesn't have the newer gui designs.

bummer.

I can't believe that Bell mobility would give their customers beta software. What's wrong with these people?
    01-06-10 08:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD