h-t-t-p-s://w-w-w.blackberry.c-o-m/Downloads/entry.do?code=9EAC167EC1EFBE078138397FABBA902E[/url]

From 3-Sweden/Denmark
    01-07-10 11:11 AM
    Link doesnt work anymore?! (Yeah I put it together in the correct way)
    01-26-10 11:51 PM
    Come on mods. How about making an official thread for the sweden3 download. Its the one noone is complaining about and works better than the bell mobility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 12:17 AM
    Better than Bell ?

01-27-10 06:02 AM
    Better than the one from bell...
    01-27-10 06:03 AM
    Mmonzon, stop saying that. You have absolutely NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. The denmark version is the same as the bell version is the same as the east asia version is the same as this new version.

01-27-10 06:21 AM
    Yep this is the one I am using. I did have to do the vvm fix.
    01-27-10 06:33 AM
    In theory they should be identical. I ran the leaked and Bell versions over a few days and both gave me endless problems with call quality, random reboots, massive memory leaks and an unstable radio. I loaded the Swedish version earlier today. I rebooted after installation with 32.5mb. 9 hrs later with moderately heavy use I now have 32.3mb. Battery is at 65%. No reboots and crystal clear call quality. The 3 OS versions also have different file sizes. My theory...there has to be something different between the 3.

01-27-10 07:19 AM
    I installed three version of v5.0.0.411, being the leaked version, Bell Mobility and 3 Sweden Denmark and did a file comparison amongst them.

The leaked version and 3 Sweden Denmark (both Multi Language) are identical in every way (all COD and radio file are the same).

The leaked version (Multi Language) and Bell Mobility (East Asia) are slightly different. There are extra/missing COD to cater for the different languages. Radio file is also different being 15,724,380 bytes vs 20,246,364.

Conclusion:

If you had issues running the leaked .411, installing 3 Sweden Denmark version will not yield any improvements, as they are identical in every way.

If you had issues running the leaked .411, installing Bell's may make things better or worst, since it has a different radio file.

Awaiting any criticism
    Last edited by pks; 01-27-10 at 08:01 AM.
    01-27-10 07:33 AM
    Yep this is the one I am using. I did have to do the vvm fix.
    How do you do the vvm fix?
    01-27-10 08:59 AM
    OK littlereddot. since you are crackberry master you must be correct? i am aware that the files are identical but what im trying to get across is obviously there are less post about the sweden version being as buggy as the bell version. i must be correct in saying that so 20/20 hindsight is as of right now the sweden version is "better" than the bell version as it will cause less problems.

Does that explain my post much better than before
    01-27-10 10:24 AM
    Mmonzon, stop saying that. You have absolutely NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. The denmark version is the same as the bell version is the same as the east asia version is the same as this new version.

Pwned! hahhaha +1 for Red Dot
    01-27-10 10:58 AM
    How do you do the vvm fix?
    two words, search engine
    01-27-10 10:58 AM
    I installed three version of v5.0.0.411, being the leaked version, Bell Mobility and 3 Sweden Denmark and did a file comparison amongst them.

The leaked version and 3 Sweden Denmark (both Multi Language) are identical in every way (all COD and radio file are the same).

The leaked version (Multi Language) and Bell Mobility (East Asia) are slightly different. There are extra/missing COD to cater for the different languages. Radio file is also different being 15,724,380 bytes vs 20,246,364.

Conclusion:

If you had issues running the leaked .411, installing 3 Sweden Denmark version will not yield any improvements, as they are identical in every way.

If you had issues running the leaked .411, installing Bell's may make things better or worst, since it has a different radio file.

Awaiting any criticism
    The same version numbers (i.e. .411) can be different. There are internal differences.
    01-27-10 02:11 PM
    LittleRedDot, YOU are wrong. There certainly is a difference between OS's on different carriers. Aside from the experienced plastered ALL OVER the board, each carrier has to slightly tweak the OS to fit their specifications.

Pks, your method for comparing OS's isn't nearly thorough enough. Simply comparing the number of a certain file or file names really doesn't do much. In all likelihood, all carriers will be identical then. You'd have to actually compare the code. That's the area which would most likely be modified. And something tells me you didn't go through tens of thousands of lines of code to do this comparison.

The OS game is just trial and error. See which works best for you and go with it. I personally skipped bell's 411 after all the negative feedback I read and went straight for swedens...no problems. In fact, this is hands down my favorite and smoothest running OS I've used on my bold. I ran the leaked version, and it was without a dowubt the crappiest version I've used. That right there says a lot.

01-27-10 02:34 PM
    I did not simply compare files solely by the filenames, but used a CRC comparison. I used a program called Beyond Compare which allowed me to compare 2 folders and all files within it.

01-27-10 02:40 PM
    Yeah but did it compare the code in each file?

01-27-10 02:56 PM

Huh? Are you serious? Of course the versions are different. Just because it says .411 doesn't mean it is the same under the hood. OS's are tweaked for each carrier. Look at the problems encountered with the Bell version on other hardware versus the Sweden version.

Let's show a little respect for others on this forum. Unless you work as a software or hardware engineer for RIM, Bell or Rogers, I would stay away from making such definitive statements when it seems like it is you that doesn't know what they are talking about.
    01-27-10 03:03 PM
    Yeah but did it compare the code in each file?

If two files have the same CRC, can't an assumption be made that the files are identical, and compiled from the same source code?
    Last edited by pks; 01-27-10 at 04:25 PM.
    01-27-10 04:20 PM
    thanks again for those of you who understood what i was trying to say without really explaining it in detail as i see some people might need. i am no engineer but everything is always different for each carrier. point in hand is if all .411 updates were exactly the same as some people might have pointed out, then why must we delete the vendor.xml file before uploading? i guess that means that not ALL .411 updates are the same.

has anyone tried the vodaphone update yet? i think i will try that one tonight and use it for a few days and see what happens. all in all the sweden version is still the update with the least amount of kinks which would make it the front runner as of now.
    Last edited by mmonzon; 01-27-10 at 04:24 PM. Reason: punctuation
    01-27-10 04:23 PM
    Well after 12 hrs I have to say this release is great. My BB came off the charger at 7 this morning and I've pretty much been emailing, browsing, IM, FB, sms and phone calls constantly. I don't think I've put the phone down for more than 2 minutes. It's now midday and my battery is at 90% and app memory is at 27mb. I couldn't even use the leaked or Bell version for more than 2hrs before issues happened. Can't explain it but this Swedish release rocks.

01-27-10 06:41 PM
    Web page rendering is much faster, too.

01-27-10 06:42 PM
    Guys, I had the leaked version of .411 from day one installed in my Bold. No major issues except a couple of reboots and the already detailed memory leak. After a battery pull the most I could start with was 29.6 Mb of free memory.

I have a few apps such as quicklaunch, Google Maps, Live Messenger, Facebook and Berryweather.

After reading this thread I decided to do a wipe and clean install of the .411 Sweden - Denmark version. I restored all my apps and data and guess what...
    my free memory after battery pull is now holding (just for a the lasr 2 hours) at 36.9 Mb.

So, I have to agree that there MUST be a difference with other .411 versions. I did not install any of the carrier wallpapers, themes. Same as I did with the leaked version back in December.

Browser, SMS, Media all work fine.
    My battery drain was Ok, so now I�ll have to check if I find any differences in that aspect as well.

No idea about the Greek or UK Vodaphone version, but this ones seems to be better than the leaked and the Bell versions.
    01-27-10 06:45 PM
    If two files have the same CRC, can't an assumption be made that the files are identical, and compiled from the same source code?
    If two files have the exact same secure hash function result then every single bit between the two files is identical. I challenge anyone to find me two files which are clearly different (by means of using a diff program) that have the exact same secure hash result. If anyone is able to do that you are either a cryptographic expert with an IQ of over 9000, or you were using a really crappy hash function.
    01-27-10 07:31 PM
    Well I am unfamuiliar with CRC, I def am no computer programmer, but I know a couple things. But if your software does in fact compare the code and it was identicle, then perhaps there's differences in the devices themselves.

01-27-10 07:55 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD