Too many threads out there praising the newly released O/S 5.0 and a few complaints here and there. So let's get all the problems, bugs, and "I don't likes" in THIS thread.

List the negatives of O/S 5.0
    02-20-10 02:19 PM
    Problem I have been having, everytime I reboot my phone, it re-registers my phone with the Blackberry network...I get an email for it after every reboot...and my wallpaper/theme setup is also bugging me after I reboot, when I goto the menu screen, the background is white instead of a silhuoette of the wallpaper...

Today menu is great. However, I don't want birthdays to be listed there, how can I get rid of that? And how can I get my SMS messages to be listed under "Messages".

When I switched from the Curve to the Tour, it took me awhile to get adjusted to the switching of the sleep button from left to right side (and the newly left button was the keyboard lock button)...however, after I updated to 5.0, the sleep button went back to the left, and my right top button is functionless...
    Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 02-20-10 at 02:30 PM.
    02-20-10 02:25 PM
    Ok, I just updated mine this morning. First issue, my web browser icon vanished, after over an hour (maybe two) on the house phone with Sprint support we got it back.

This involved backing up the handheld, completely wiping it and reactivating it. When I tried to restore my data, it started to restore then abruptly stopped. I removed and reinstalled desktop manager, updated it to V5.01 after it still wouldn't restore, no dice. Desktop manager shows "working".

I then copied the file to my mac, tried the mac version, still won't connect. I occasionally get a single arrow from the computer icon to the Blackberry icon but nothing else. Sometimes I don't even get the two icons, just the clock. When I plugged it into the charger, it acted like it wasn't even connected.

Is there something in the software that causes issues with the USB port? The device is barely a month old.
    02-20-10 06:51 PM
    My biggest complaint with the version of 5.0.0.484 (and previously 5.0.0.419) is the threaded text messaging... Not that I don't like it, I just wish it were more efficient... I have a contact that in the course of a single day, we could send 300 messages back and forth, depending on what is going on. Around the 50 or so message mark (which takes us about twenty minutes in the mornings...) My phone will be randomly slow to open the thread, will 'lose' messages from the thread, there will sometimes be a delay in the phone doing something...

I wish I could turn off the threaded messaging, I think that would help a lot, (and I would downgrade back to 4.7, but as I'm using an unlocked Tour on AT&T's network, I have no choice but to run 5.0.0.419 or better...)

Other than that I have no complaints about 5.0, I love how it actually does something when you do a battery pull that you can see, so you know it's actually working...
    02-20-10 07:04 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to accomplish with this thread? A chance to rant, or are you hoping maybe others will help with some of the problems you're having? Or are you hoping RIM will see this and use the info provided here?

If you're hoping RIM will see this, good luck.
    02-22-10 02:00 AM
    I tried updating to the new software this morning and got an update failed error and now all I have on my Storm is a white screen and a few programs that don't work. I have tried pulling the battery and restoring it with no luck. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Everyone can disregard this post, I managed to fix it. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by chilionastick; 02-22-10 at 09:28 AM.
    02-22-10 08:46 AM
    I uploaded the Sprint .484 OS onto my Verizon Tour and am not getting the same battery life I was with the previous OS (one that came installed on it originally). I am not a n00b who has 15 app's running and doesnt realize it either... I am probably getting half as much life now.

I hope Verizon's release fixes this.
    02-23-10 03:00 PM
    First issue, my web browser icon vanished, after over an hour (maybe two) on the house phone with Sprint support we got it back.
    I had the same thing happen just a little while ago when I upgraded from 4.7.1.61 to 5.0.0.419. The solution was a battery pull, though that should be done anyway after an OS switch.
    02-23-10 03:57 PM
    My only issue is that Weather Bug doesn't work with 5.0.0.419. I've got about 20 apps and all but Weather Bug works.....that I can tell at this time. After upgrading from 4.7.1.61, I've only been running 5.0.0.419 for about an hour, so the jury is still out.

I decided to go with .419 over any of the newer upgrades because it seems to be the best at this time.
    02-23-10 04:00 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to accomplish with this thread? A chance to rant, or are you hoping maybe others will help with some of the problems you're having? Or are you hoping RIM will see this and use the info provided here?

If you're hoping RIM will see this, good luck.
    +1

Which version of 5.0 are you talking about? On which Blackberry? There's a thread created for each and every OS out there, so how is a universal one going to keep coherent?

Since I'm here though, my one complaint with 5.0 is that it doesn't start my coffee maker when my alarm goes off in the morning. It kind of seems like an obvious thing to me...
    02-23-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD