Is it worth downloading/upgrading. Will it make it slower? take more memory? loose anything if i do the upgrade? how much better is it then the 4.5?
    Thanks
    11-14-09 09:54 PM
    It does take up a lot of memory. About 20mb but I like it a lot and think it was worth it. I had about 48mb before upgrading and now i'm around 28.
    11-14-09 10:01 PM
    I would like to try the 5.0 for a sprint 8330 curve but what file do I download. And directions

Do I delete anything of my pc B4 I start?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 10:08 PM
    I would like to try the 5.0 for a sprint 8330 curve but what file do I download. And directions

Do I delete anything of my pc B4 I start?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Go to the OS/Beta discussion board and find the thread for the 8330 5.0. It'll have the link to download and install the OS and then you have to delete the vendor file.

I'm FAR from being an expert but I managed to get it done on my phone, so it's all pretty easy.
    11-14-09 10:13 PM
    whats so great about it? and where do you find out ur memory on ur phone
    11-14-09 10:15 PM
    Go to Options and then Status. It'll tell you your free memory.

I don't really know what's so great about it. The texting is different (can't think of the term for it), but it looks like BBM messages.. I just figured I'd try it out and since it took me a while to upgrade and I have no real reason to go back, I figure I'll keep it.

There are lots of noticeable changes. Go to the main thread and you can read about the changes. Or just update and find them out for yourself.
    11-14-09 10:25 PM
    I was ready to switch over to the iPhone because my BB Storm was functioning so poorly. That annoying little clock was appearing constantly and I was beginning to miss calls because of it. I walked into a Verizon Store one day (minutes after walking out of an Apple Store and an AT&T Store...YES, I was serious!). The Verizon Rep handed me a filer for the new OS 5.0 because it came out that day, and she said this should correct your problems. My Storm works like a brand new and improved phone. So yes, absolutely the new OS is worth it!!!
    11-14-09 11:11 PM
    I think it is worth it. If you get the hybrid version, you get the Precision Zen theme as well as threaded sms however you miss out on the Blackberry App World. Also there are improvements to the browser, and it seems to load pages faster. Well worth it imho.
    11-14-09 11:13 PM
    You'll lose app world, your media player will act a lil funny if you put headphones in or try to use bluetooth, and if you're on Verizon, you'll lose bb maps. You won't lose the app entirely, you'll still be able to get directions and see maps, but you'll lose the GPS function.

You'll gain threaded sms, a faster browser, a visual upgrade(take it or leave it), the ability to use 85xx apps and themes (you have to install the precision zen theme, but if you don't you can't take full advantage of everything 5.0 has to offer, added encryption features, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    11-15-09 04:20 AM
    Don't forget the clock... the os has a lot of little bells and gizmos
    11-15-09 11:16 AM
    You'll lose app world, your media player will act a lil funny if you put headphones in or try to use bluetooth, and if you're on Verizon, you'll lose bb maps. You won't lose the app entirely, you'll still be able to get directions and see maps, but you'll lose the GPS function.
    I remember reading about the media player w/headphones or BT problems but I tried my headphones last night and the media player worked fine with them and I just tried my BT and its also working perfectly fine. What are the problems people are having? I forget.
    11-15-09 08:01 PM
    Has anybody noticed a big speed slowdown in 5.0 over 4.5? It seems like most everything is much more sluggish. Navigating around seems to give me the hourglass a lot more often than in 4.5.

I love the new features in 5.0, though. Also, I was surprised at how, despite the slowdown in other areas of the OS, picture taking/viewing is actually increased dramatically! Kind of strange.

I'm hoping I did something wrong, and that there is a way to have the features of the new OS without sacrificing performance! :-)
    11-17-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD