I am having trouble receiving instant messages through blackberry IM. I will be sitting right next to the receiver of the messages, they will send one back- but I might not receive it for several minutes or even hours. My phone is on and IM enabled... is there some thing wrong with my phone? Could it be the service (although the person receiving messages is on the same network)? OR could it be some other problem I am unaware of?

Thanks!
    02-02-10 04:56 PM
    When in doubt, do a battery reset. If this does not resolve it, report and we can move on form there
    02-02-10 05:16 PM
    I agree, im in the nyc area with sprint and all my friends and I are having issues with BBM, all of our messages are coming hours late and some wont even send.
    02-02-10 06:21 PM
    me too (Verizon NYC). For a few days. I've been thinking my friends are all crazy. I'll have a regular conversation but one or two lines of THEIR message will get delayed and I think they're sending me crazy random messages.
    02-02-10 07:48 PM
    I like in NJ and it started to happen to me on Sunday, it seems to be getting better now.
    02-02-10 10:46 PM
    When in doubt, do a battery reset. If this does not resolve it, report and we can move on form there

Thanks. I reset the battery and will let you know if there are any more problems.
    02-03-10 07:04 AM
    haha. When in doubt, pull it out!
    02-03-10 07:14 AM
    I'm only showing 1 member of a 26 member group and no chats from said missing members shows..
    02-03-10 07:25 AM
    Yea all I ever do is a battery pull and it seems to work afterwards...
    02-03-10 01:29 PM
    IM Having the Same Issue too, (SC) It might be an Overwhelm or Upgrade on the BBM Servers... Who Knows
    02-03-10 02:59 PM
    Seems like that worked. No problems for a few days. I am a new bb user so it has been a learning experience!
    02-04-10 12:24 PM
    I seem to be having the same issue. I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8530 and I am on the Sprint mobile network. I'm in the Pittsburgh area. I have a full data plan, and I seem to be having intermittent issues with Blackberry Messenger. Usually I do a battery pull and it will reset itself and the messages will start transmitting. I also tried going into the advanced settings/host routing table and registering, but that did not solve the issue. I have been browsing the forums and tried all of the troubleshooting methods I could find. Inside my Services Status, it says that Mobile Voice is available and connected via the mobile network, BlackBerry Internet Service is not connected, nor is BlackBerry Enterprise Server connected. It says that my mobile network is 1xev and my provider is Sprint PCS. I have my Wi-Fi disabled so as to save battery power. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, so as I was typing this post, my BBM randomly started working. I started receiving messages, and it started sending them, but if I look in my Recent Updates, updates that I had received over a day ago were coming in as if they had just happened (status changes, joining groups, profile picture changes). I'm not sure if this has to do with the Sprint network, or if it has to do with a setting on my BlackBerry that I am unaware of.
    02-05-10 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD