I just got my Tour 2 days ago, and needless to say, I'm pretty new to everything about Blackberry's. The Tour is my first Blackberry, before this I had used the Sony Ericsson w580i and the Motorola ROKR. In about a day or so, I felt I was knowledgeable to install the leaked OS.

- Other than spending 2 days learning how everything works, it was very easy to update.

- Installation took roughly 20 minutes or so.

-After letting it sit for 5 minutes after upgrading, it ran as fast as ever. At least 25% faster than 4.7.

-Threaded SMS is a very nice change, more organized and generally has a better appeal to it.
    *Don't worry, the cat's ok *

-Be wary that you might need to reinstall a few applications.
    I had to reinstall BB Messenger, and Facebook. Nothing other than needed to be re downloaded.

-Unfortunately, I could not find the famous Tabbed Browsing while using my browser.
    If anyone using this hybrid knows if it's included, please tell me where

Overall:

The speed increase, Threaded SMS and other small tweaks make this hybrid very user friendly.
    It was very easy to install and most importantly of all, it's much better than 4.7.
    Last edited by Mediocrity; 12-25-09 at 04:51 PM.
    12-25-09 04:45 PM
    My understanding regarding the tabbed browsing is that it is linked to the radio. The standard hybrid install uses the .230 radio. I'm running the .191 radio, which I believe is feature-equivalent to .230, just with a bit better battery life, reception and stability. I believe the .140 radio features tabbed browsing. You can swap any of those named radios with this hybrid and have it function.

As an example, I'm running the 7.15 hybrid on top of the .303 base with the .191 radio.
    Last edited by agreenbhm; 12-26-09 at 07:36 AM.
    12-25-09 10:32 PM
    I don't really need tabbed browsing, but I was just curious about it

Thanks though.
    12-25-09 10:39 PM
    My understanding regarding the tabbed browsing is that it is linked to the radio. The standard hybrid install uses the .230 radio. I'm running the .191 radio, which I believe is feature-equivalent to .230, just with a bit better battery life, reception and stability. I believe the .140 radio features tabbed browsing. You can swap any of those names radios with this hybrid and have it function.

As an example, I'm running the 7.15 hybrid on top of the .303 base with the .191 radio.
    Can you please explain to me step by step how u got that combo to work because every time I try I get a error and the bb doesn't load just sits there when its in the last stage of loading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 11:57 PM
    Can you please explain to me step by step how u got that combo to work because every time I try I get a error and the bb doesn't load just sits there when its in the last stage of loading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For what I described, you need 3 downloads: the .191 software, the .303 software and the 7.15 hybrid. Install the .191 and .303 to your computer. Then go into the .303 folder and delete the CDMA folder. Once you've done that, copy the CDMA folder from the .191 folder to the .303 folder. Then, install the 7.15 hybrid to the .303 folder (it will want to install itself by default to the .230 folder, since that's why irtehun originally made it for).

I have been doing an app backup using Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) and a regular backup using Desktop Manager, then wiping the phone with BBSAK. Then, I load the OS from scratch using App Loader (which is the program that opens using Shrink-A-OS, after you click "Launch Loader").

Even with wiping the phone first, I still tend to get the 507 Error the first time trying to load an OS. I then close Loader, re-open it, reattach my BB, and try again, and it usually works the second time. I've done this probably 5 or so times for the 5 most recent 7.x hybrids.
    12-26-09 07:21 AM
    Sounds like a fun adventure o.o
    12-26-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD