11-05-09 06:07 AM
71 123
tools
    Well I guess I will try to do this tomorrow morning. Hopefully I don't screw anything up. Use to have the Touch Pro and always did the tweaks. This is a new thing for me with my BB. Only a week old, guess if I screw it up, I just take it back.
    09-26-09 01:03 AM
    Will this upgrade effect my BES stuff? IE. Will I have to get my IT guy to send me a new BES password?
    You will need to either have your IT guy send the password or you can reactivate by being connected to DM when your computer is on your corporate network. But yes, you will have to go through Enterprise Activation after the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 09:04 AM
    wich lang is in this softwar
    09-26-09 03:24 PM
    I just installed, had a white screen for over 20min, no loading clock, no connection image, no 507 error, just a white screen. then it loaded and all the icons were white and super small, weird. Just ran the backup i made before the OS install and everything came up 100% up and running
    09-26-09 08:23 PM
    The install went mostly without a hitch. Here are some things to note:

- Free memory before/after: 109/119 (Used Shrink-A-OS on both)
    - BBM 5.0 transferred over fine
    - Facebook & Poynt "archives" were on the Home folder. Had to be reinstalled
    - BES needed to be reactivated
    - WeatherBerry locations erased, settings saved
    - Most TOU for apps needed to be re-accepted
    - Home icon locations saved

One weird thing that happened was that it kept asking me if I wanted to automatically detect if GSM was available after each reboot. This stopped happening after FB & Poynt were reinstalled and BES reactivated.

I guess it's a little "snappier" as Scott_Spillers mentioned. Reboots are maybe a little faster, but it's still slow. I guess it was worth it for the memory increase, and it didn't cost me anything but a little time.
    I've seen a lot of people posting that they get a large memory boost, but I've seen this go away after the first week of use. Immediately after upgrading and then reinstalling all my apps, and doing a reboot, I had about 80MB. After about a week (I installed the version that was put on RIMM's website then pulled last Friday) I'm now at 70MB after a reboot. Don't know if others are seeing the same thing.

09-26-09 08:48 PM
    Thanks a lot. Will try and leave feedback.
    09-26-09 10:31 PM
    Hello all:

I did the upgrade, works fine. There is the Chinese PIN YIN input however the Chinese characters are showing as "?" when I sending the SMS and Emails. (no problem for reading them)

Anybody got the same problem?

Need help.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by andy_ca; 09-27-09 at 12:28 AM.
    09-27-09 12:20 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this has a higher platform ID than the one that leaked a week or so ago

Leak: 4.1.40
    Official 4.1.65

Hope this fixed the problems that we all had bricking phones.
    09-27-09 02:22 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this has a higher platform ID than the one that leaked a week or so ago

Leak: 4.1.40
    Official 4.1.65

Hope this fixed the problems that we all had bricking phones.
    The version I downloaded from RIM/Verizon is 4.1.65. No problems at all.
    09-27-09 08:20 AM
    Hello all:

I did the upgrade, works fine. There is the Chinese PIN YIN input however the are showing as "?" when I sending the SMS and Emails. (no problem for reading them)

Anybody got the same problem?

Need help.

Thanks a lot
    That means Chinese SMS is still not supported, a bit disappointed....will there be a next version to get this solved? or we have to wait until 5.0 released?
    09-27-09 11:16 AM
    This version still has many GPS issues on Sprint Tours. It is not necessarily worse then the other .53 or the .40, just not any better. GPS still locks up a lot, geotagging photos is poor to put it gently and in general it takes minutes to lock on as opposed to the seconds my Curve used to take.

-frank
    09-27-09 12:37 PM
    what are the differences from .40 to .53?
    09-28-09 08:16 AM
    I haven't noticed a single difference, but everything has been working just fine since update on Friday
    09-28-09 11:11 AM
    I think it's overall a little snappier. I have not had to do numerous battery pulls throughout the day nor is it radomly rebooting. The battery isn't draining quite as fast. No issues from the download at all. A minor upgrade.
    Last edited by diffused; 09-29-09 at 12:02 AM.
    09-28-09 01:16 PM
    Can anybody using a VZW tour confirm this is working fine???
    09-28-09 11:36 PM
    I tried to upgrade to this OS Friday and it turned my phone into a brick! I had to rebuild my phones OS system!
    09-28-09 11:40 PM
    Can anybody using a VZW tour confirm this is working fine???
    Yes it works fine. Going on four days of use.
    09-29-09 08:27 AM
    I upgraded my OS. I really dont see any difference. I am ready for OS 5.0.
    09-29-09 09:48 AM
    Working great here. Faster boot up, seems more responsive and haven't seen any lag yet and wow my browsing is smoking fast now

09-29-09 11:43 AM
    Hey quick question.. I am trying to figure out how to get the theme I made onto my tour from my computer. Also some webpages don't have OTA's and I can only save to my computer, so when that is the case, how do you get themes saved on your computer to your tour?

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks!
    09-29-09 12:32 PM
    Does this os help with the trackball at all?
    09-29-09 01:15 PM
    That means Chinese SMS is still not supported, a bit disappointed....will there be a next version to get this solved? or we have to wait until 5.0 released?
    Thanks. Will try to upgrade to 5.0 tonight, not sure anything gonna be changed or not..
    09-29-09 04:56 PM
    thank's doha soul
    09-29-09 05:19 PM
    Does this os help with the trackball at all?

Wishful thinking but no it does not. Trackball is a hardware issue, it will probably function better when there is a lot of dirt on the rollers!
    09-30-09 02:14 AM
    this version can't do text-message using chinese character
    10-01-09 01:42 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD