Download: Click Here

Software For BlackBerry� Tour (TM) 9630 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.1.105 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.7.1.105
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.1.53
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.65
    * File name: 9630EastAsia_PBr4.7.1_rel105_PL4.1.0.65_A4.7.1.53_ Reliance.exe
    * File size: 116MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

# Install instruction to load any carrier 9630 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect the BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click Loader.exe and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug your BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete the upgrade.
    Last edited by D o h a S o u l; 09-25-09 at 04:25 AM.
    09-25-09 04:22 AM
    Please inform us if its a good idea to install this OS version on our North American devices. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:23 AM
    downloading....
    09-25-09 06:16 AM
    Does is has the official chinese input method? Thanks for sharing.

09-25-09 07:23 AM
    I heard that if you install this update you're going to want to install it again an hour later.
    09-25-09 09:37 AM
    I heard that if you install this update you're going to want to install it again an hour later.

Subtle, nice...
    09-25-09 10:46 AM
    Subtle, nice...
    I don't get it.
    09-25-09 10:51 AM
    I don't get it.
    mstrkoffee made a Chinese food joke

Just installed (in North America BTW) and all seems well!!
    09-25-09 11:05 AM
    So for the less knowledgeable, this clearly seems to be working for people in North America, I want to install it but what are the differences/risks of installing this on a Verizon device in North America?
    09-25-09 11:35 AM
    i am very tempted to install this, are there any updates?
    09-25-09 12:25 PM
    the download link is VERY slow...
    btw, this has chinese input?
    09-25-09 12:39 PM
    Is it any different from the already leaked one?
    09-25-09 12:46 PM
    I dl the new OS and tried to install but DM no longer recognized that my device was connected. Had to reinstall DM to get it to recognize device connected. Also tried loading directly using the loader.exe, but the software wasn't listed. Any ideas? Thanks.
    09-25-09 01:13 PM
    any idea of an official release or an OTA option?
    09-25-09 02:10 PM
    So for the less knowledgeable, this clearly seems to be working for people in North America, I want to install it but what are the differences/risks of installing this on a Verizon device in North America?
    Works fine with VZW so far...
    09-25-09 02:12 PM
    Also on VZW and been running it since 8:00 am. Only issue was that I had to download BBM since it didn't get pushed/loaded with the OS change.

09-25-09 02:35 PM
    Taking the plunge right now. Why does it have to be a slow day at work?
    09-25-09 02:45 PM
    Anyone see any differences btw the leaked and offical release versions? I'm currently on .230 and was contemplating going back to .53, but wanted to know if I should d/l the official or leaked version that I already have.
    09-25-09 02:50 PM
    .53 is running well on my Sprint Tour. No problems, seems a bit snappier.
    09-25-09 03:15 PM
    The install went mostly without a hitch. Here are some things to note:

- Free memory before/after: 109/119 (Used Shrink-A-OS on both)
    - BBM 5.0 transferred over fine
    - Facebook & Poynt "archives" were on the Home folder. Had to be reinstalled
    - BES needed to be reactivated
    - WeatherBerry locations erased, settings saved
    - Most TOU for apps needed to be re-accepted
    - Home icon locations saved

One weird thing that happened was that it kept asking me if I wanted to automatically detect if GSM was available after each reboot. This stopped happening after FB & Poynt were reinstalled and BES reactivated.

I guess it's a little "snappier" as Scott_Spillers mentioned. Reboots are maybe a little faster, but it's still slow. I guess it was worth it for the memory increase, and it didn't cost me anything but a little time.
    09-25-09 04:45 PM
    Werry funny :-)

09-25-09 05:05 PM
    Well my first take on it that I see no big improvements really. I think it was more for asian language support. Load time is still slow. If there was a list on what the improvements were so I knew what to look for I would like that. It works good on my sprint tour.
    If you have BBM 5, the installation will not effect it as long as you don't have the messenger box unchecked and it says remove next to it. Of course this is all under advanced options.

09-25-09 05:22 PM
    Any other success stories for Sprint Tour's in North America?

Worth doing?

09-25-09 05:47 PM
    Will this upgrade effect my BES stuff? IE. Will I have to get my IT guy to send me a new BES password?
    09-25-09 10:14 PM
    No risks at all.

Is it any different from the already leaked one?
    Nope.

I dl the new OS and tried to install but DM no longer recognized that my device was connected. Had to reinstall DM to get it to recognize device connected. Also tried loading directly using the loader.exe, but the software wasn't listed. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Try loading the OS with app loader. Much better than DM. See the link in my sig for how to use.

Will this upgrade effect my BES stuff? IE. Will I have to get my IT guy to send me a new BES password?
    I'm pretty sure you will have to reactivate with your BES but I'm not 100% sure.
    09-25-09 11:23 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD