Hey, all ~

I've been seduced by the dark side of the force and am now ONE OF YOU, and happily so.

How can I tell if I'm BIS or other? Do I have to subscribe to Blackberry Messenger specifically? (I am with VZW). I ask since all of the sudden I am not receiving/being able to send emails via one of my two email accounts, and looking in Forums, I'm pointed to the BIS setting (I think).

Also, is there a way to see all unopened items at the same time, instead of going into the specific Inbox folders? I do want to see missed calls, but not have to look at them by going to the folder.

I am 3 weeks into my 8330, and really do love it!
    08-12-08 01:34 PM
    If the phone is yours, you pay the bill and you are not
    attached to a corporate server, you are BIS as opposed to BES.

Blackerry Messenger is standard (no subscription needed) as
    long as you have a BB data plan.
    08-12-08 01:46 PM
    Thanks.

How do I know if I have a BB data plan? Isn't that my VZW data plan? Can you point me to a forum thread?
    08-12-08 02:36 PM
    No thread needed. If you are on VZW and you have a BB
    you are required to have a BB data plan.
    08-12-08 02:45 PM
    Ok, great. I am reading about the Blackberry Server website...what is this? What information do I need to access?

Any thoughts about my folder question?
    08-12-08 03:03 PM
    Don't understand your 1st, no answer to your 2nd
    08-12-08 03:06 PM
    Website question: I'd like to set up my BB data plan options...is there such a thing (as I think I am reading about in Forums), and where would I go to do this?

Folder question: for example, my daughter just sent me a text; the BB received it, but to open it I had to go to one or the other of my email accounts, click View Folders, select Inbox>SMS Inbox, to view it. This seems cumbersome. Isn't there a way to view text messages and missed calls without having to navigate to a Folder?

Thanks much. I appreciate your insight.
    08-12-08 03:18 PM
    Also, I receive those RIM messages...I am running BB Desktop Redirector...is there any way to stop receiving the RIM emails??
    08-12-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD