I think I'll wait until some of you have had it installed a few days and report back with battery life and memory loss as well as browser click or application issues since I have none of those issues right now with the original .591 from VZW.
    04-19-10 05:08 PM
    Does Berrybuzz work with the Driphter hybrid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't use BerryBuzz, so I don't know. I thought I remembered reading that BerryBuzz stopped working in .5xx and up? Driphter Dv8.2 is based on .419 with a .484 radio, so if what I think I'm remembering about BerryBuzz is true, then it should work.

Bear in mind that I could be wrong
    04-19-10 05:10 PM
    Anyone successfully update via OTA?!

Yea...just did my OTA...seems to be good. Everything restored fine...seems alil bit more responsive but I haven't noticed any real chances that have been put in.
    04-19-10 05:12 PM
    Will be interesting to see what people are reporting in 3 - 5 days, when the excitement is over, and people have been able to really spend some time with this "new" release.

After my experience with the VZW original v5, I remembered an old saying. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Well I got .484 up and running, and it sure ain't broke, so..............

04-19-10 05:12 PM
    Everyone reporting browser click issue gone?!

Seems to me that I'm still having alil bit of a clicking issue...gotta let the battery charge for alil bit and do a few pulls before I can really dive into it anymore. Will report back ASAP
    04-19-10 05:14 PM
    ===== QUOTE WNFLYER ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I don't use BerryBuzz, so I don't know. I thought I remembered reading that BerryBuzz stopped working in .5xx and up? Driphter Dv8.2 is based on .419 with a .484 radio, so if what I think I'm remembering about BerryBuzz is true, then it should work.

Bear in mind that I could be wrong
    I don't know about the dv10 but berrybuzz definitly works in the dv8 hybrids and dvclassic

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-19-10 05:20 PM

Yes it does.

Running Dv8.5 with the .421 browser patch, so it's essentially 484/421/607.
    04-19-10 05:22 PM
    just updated.. browser click issue is still there... sigh...
    04-19-10 05:23 PM
    Anyone with previous MMS/Sound issue update to this new version? Is that bug fixed?

04-19-10 05:24 PM
    well, I installed it from the link in the email and got .272 platform and not .284 so that was a waste of time. Where is everyone getting .284 from??
    04-19-10 05:24 PM
    Thanks (travelingfool also) for the info.

Randy

04-19-10 05:25 PM
    Can the people that still have the browser click confirm you are on .284 by hitting alt+aA+h and look at your platform?

04-19-10 05:27 PM
    Can the people that still have the browser click confirm you are on .284 by hitting alt+aA+h and look at your platform?

or just go to Options, and go to "about"
    04-19-10 05:30 PM
    NFL mobile was pushed out too...
    It was pushed to me 2 days ago. Its nothing to do with the update..

this is a suprise to me since i was on the phone with bb tech support last night till 1am trying to fix some issues.

They failed to mention there is a new software.
    If you were talking to rim then thats why. They most likely would not know what verizon is doing..If you were talking with vzw, they must have not got the update memo yet...
    04-19-10 05:36 PM
    is anyone else not able to do the update via wirelessly or desktop manager? I keep getting told the same thing...

"Update request failed. Try again later or update using Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer."

Well tried that too...

When I click on details, it tells me...

"Original Error
    Status Code: 10025
    There are mismatch errors between your device platform software os with bundle [5.0.0.1002;4.2.0.272;5.0.0.591] and the wireless update process security code d0e929c16dba5d17ca2cbf07af443453ef424cba. Update your device software using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, or at BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Any thoughts on what to do??
    04-19-10 05:52 PM
    Just upgraded the my friends phone a while ago and the browser click + sound bug is still present on his device.
    04-19-10 05:55 PM
    its starting the restore, we are happy. Now, was there any fix to iheartradio? hope sooo
    04-19-10 05:57 PM
    Hmmm,ok. So maybe this update just fixed whatever was causing the Technical Issue: please return to place of repair error...?

04-19-10 05:57 PM
    Just upgraded the my friends phone a while ago and the browser click + sound bug is still present on his device.
    EVERYONE, please click alt-shift-h to verify what platform you have there before responding. 272 or 284???
    04-19-10 05:58 PM
    Are you sure you had the new platform?
    04-19-10 05:58 PM
    Are you sure you had the new platform?
    I upgraded his through OTA and the platform I see is .284
    04-19-10 05:59 PM
    Browser click + sound bug.

Well there you go, boys and girls, it was fun while it lasted.

I wonder if the only thing they addressed was the white screen of death? Hopefully at least that was fixed.

I also wonder how many people are still on platform .272 after updating.
    04-19-10 05:59 PM
    Why cant i do this via DM?? im gonna do it OTA i guess. hope it fixes everything
    04-19-10 06:00 PM
    Why cant i do this via DM?? im gonna do it OTA i guess. hope it fixes everything
    You don't have to hope. We've already verified that the browser click and sound bug is still present.
    04-19-10 06:02 PM
    If the browser click issue is still there, then who knows what else is still there. I am very satisfied with the Driphter Dv8.2 hybrid of 5.0.0.419 that I am running now. It is extremely fast with no bugs, excellent battery life, .484 radio, 2 minute boot times, and I couldn't care less about PTT.

Don't get me wrong. If VZW releases a 5.0 that is anywhere near ready for prime time, I'll give it a go, but not until then.
    Ditto here. Running Dv8.5 and see no need to go "official" any time soon...
    04-19-10 06:14 PM
325 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD