I post over on bbhybrids.net , which is the only place in my opinion for the OS fanatic to go and choose their personal preference about hybrids, OS or whatever they like. I recently developed a hybrid which is running great, it is posted over on bbhybrids.net, but do not mind posting for others to use. The hybrid is a java file to exchange with your stock 419 OS. There is also an upgrade download which is available to download and it works to speed up the browser a touch, also works to speed up the media loader and fix the VAD issue.

Hybrid Java Folder 419_400_JAVA.rar

Upgrade files are ADD ons to make upgraded.rar
    To load the upgrade files simply copy and paste them over the JAVA files and tell it to over write, not add.

My Findings: Platform 4.2.0.179, app version 5.0.0.400 (633)
    Media player : work awesome, able to play multiple songs without issue, also love the new slide show/picture view ability where the phone designates memory to make the camera quicker and viewing the pictures faster, pictures will appear as fast as you can scroll down.
    Blue tooth: Seems to work flawless, able to use Tetherberry via bluetooth, also able to use pandora and bluetooth to computer speakers, I don't use blue tooth for anything else.
    Boot time 3:18 with very minimal lag after boot, otherwise I have noted no lag at all
    SMS: Works correctly, just like the 7xx hybrids do with .230 radios
    Battery life: Seems to be remarkable, with moderate to moderate/heavy bbm, email etc I burn about 3%/hr on stock battery. No memory leak has been noted by me or others

Hopefully someone else can enjoy this hybrid as well, it has been extremely solid and has been running now for greater than 72 hours without any issue.
    Last edited by jlangleyrn; 01-11-10 at 05:33 AM.
    01-11-10 01:24 AM
    I have a single file which I will be uploading tonight for ease in installing this, I hope to have it by approximately 8:00 pm, est. I will post the new address then.
    01-11-10 04:51 PM
    This is the new link to the combined file
    UPDATED 419_400 V2.rar
    01-11-10 07:38 PM
    so do you just add these java files instead of the ones that came with .419? Is it that simple? How do you know if you have done it correctly?
    01-12-10 03:36 PM
    so do you just add these java files instead of the ones that came with .419? Is it that simple? How do you know if you have done it correctly?
    If you just download the v2 then all you have to do is just exchange the Java folder with your stock OS Java folder. As far as knowing if you have done it correctly, when it is loaded you go to your about screen and you will see that you are running 5.0.0.400..

On bbhybrids.net I have a newer version which may use a touch more battery, not sure yet because it is too early, but the browser is ALOT quicker, it is still .400 based but otherwise it has more higherlevel files in it.

BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 Tour Hybrid 419/400 V3
    01-12-10 03:45 PM
    Once you change the java folder how do you load it to your phone? Sorry I am new to this.
    01-12-10 04:52 PM
    So I wiped the phone and replaced the java file. I loaded the necessary OS and my phone says it has 5.0.0.400 (633). Hope that means I did it correctly.
    01-12-10 06:06 PM
    That means you are running this hybrid, hopefully you will enjoy it. It is based on the official release of 5.0.0.400 for the 9700. Let me know what you think.
    01-12-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD