Just installed and restored all my apps and memory is good, about 5 megs better. I did lose my password keeper, sample wallpapers, and ringtones which I am really irritated at since I downloaded the unshrunk version of this hybrid (probably explains my increase in memory,) but overall, everything else seems to work fine...maybe even a little faster. Browser appears to be a little quicker, but that could just be wishful thinking. All my apps are working as well. I did notice that some people have been having problems with Youtube, but it is working for me.
    02-15-10 04:08 PM
    Blackberry Messenger is not responding correctly. I have rebooted 6 times already and have noticed that Weatherberry and Meterberry icons do not rotate as they should either. I am going to try to reload BBM and see what happens. If BBM doesn't work right, than I am reverting back to .519.
    02-15-10 05:00 PM
    I will be at my pc shortly to address these issues. Easy to fix and very rare. The bbm issue I never heard of but ill take a look. Did u use shrink? Did u wipe first? Go into apps and delete bbm then reboot. Then re download with app world. This is an isolated incident...we will fix it.

As far as the password keeper and sample wallpapers not being in the UNSHRUNK....did you use shrink an os to shrink yourself? Easy fix my friend. Again, both of these are isolated.

Appreciate you guys giving me a shot...it really means a lot to me. Ill make sure you guys are PM'd first when my new hybrid is released with the new 9520 .497. Leak!

Just remember though...a higher build number doesn't Always mean a better build....

I'm hoping the .497 leak is solid. I'm pumped for the new Virtual_keyboard.cod. I have the .451 working almost flawlessly in my build but it could be better.

Ill be on my pc soon.

I'm also open to instant messaging for LIVE help when I sign on. PM me in interested . Skype is great for this. PM me for live help and ill be in shortly!

Like I said...a Storm Hybrid by a Storm user!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 05:16 PM
    Quick reply. Thanks.

I did shrink the unshrunk version, but did not shrink out sample images, ringtones, or the password keeper (although I'm not even sure that is an option.) I did reinstall BBM and it now works so that part has been corrected.

If you have an easy fix to my ringtones, sample wallpaper, and non-rotating weatherbug icon (somehow Meterberry is rotating now and the only change has been the reinstall of BBM,) issues, let me know so I can fix it without downgrading.

Thanks.

PS- I will try to reinstall WB as well because I'm thinking that will solve me problem as it did with BBM.
    02-15-10 05:23 PM
    Quick reply. Thanks.

I did shrink the unshrunk version, but did not shrink out sample images, ringtones, or the password keeper (although I'm not even sure that is an option.) I did reinstall BBM and it now works so that part has been corrected.

If you have an easy fix to my ringtones, sample wallpaper, and non-rotating weatherbug icon (somehow Meterberry is rotating now and the only change has been the reinstall of BBM,) issues, let me know so I can fix it without downgrading.

Thanks.

PS- I will try to reinstall WB as well because I'm thinking that will solve me problem as it did with BBM.
    Yes we can def fix this easy.. Give me a few minutes to get on pc

02-15-10 05:40 PM
    I was looking at the list of stuff to be installed and Facebook wasn't on there... I shrunk it and when it shows stuff to load on the phone Facebook is the only thing that does not appear. I didn't select either BBM or Facebook along with a few other things but yet it didn't show when I was ready to start the download..... Will it still install it anyway????
    02-15-10 05:59 PM
    Signing In

02-15-10 06:38 PM
    I was looking at the list of stuff to be installed and Facebook wasn't on there... I shrunk it and when it shows stuff to load on the phone Facebook is the only thing that does not appear. I didn't select either BBM or Facebook along with a few other things but yet it didn't show when I was ready to start the download..... Will it still install it anyway????

The Facebook App isnt actually included in my Hybrid -- which was a nieve move by me. I always install a fresh FaceBook App by going to App World. I have had less problems with the actual app that way.

its great feedback because I am learning what people want then they Install the OS --- when I install an OS or Hybrid I NEVER install anything other than the basics -- ie. Core and System Software, BBM, Memo Pad, Browser, Phone, Email Set Up, BB Maps

When installing a Hybrid, I reccommend doing ti this way then adding Apps after your instal completes and 3 battery pulls -- Ive had less problems with apps this way -- OR I restore my apps with BBSAK ---

I urge you to do it this way --- use BBSAK to wipe phone and reload apps -- Here are some links if you want!

I understand everybody installs their own way so This will all be taken care of in the New Hybrid I will be dropping soon with .497

Links -- go here -

Facebook---

BlackBerry - Facebook Download

App World - BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    02-15-10 06:50 PM
    Testing My NEWEST Hybrid - .497 --- its on its way --- sooooonnnnn!
    02-15-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks for the Hybrid!

Browser loads pages much faster and scrolls a lot better than I've ever seen before.

Keyboard is much faster! It can actually keep up with me now.
    02-15-10 10:45 PM
    You have 3 theme files in your build. Can you explain the difference between them and why we need all three.

net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t 5.0.0.451 2636KB
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t_04 5.0.0.346 2697KB
    net_rim_theme_tim_zen_360x480_t 5.0.0.436 143KB

I removed the t_04 browser and it did not seem to effect anything other than removing a duplicate zen theme, therefore providing me more memory for other stuff.
    02-15-10 11:11 PM
    You have 3 theme files in your build. Can you explain the difference between them and why we need all three.

net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t 5.0.0.451 2636KB
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t_04 5.0.0.346 2697KB
    net_rim_theme_tim_zen_360x480_t 5.0.0.436 143KB

I removed the t_04 browser and it did not seem to effect anything other than removing a duplicate zen theme, therefore providing me more memory for other stuff.
    Appreciate you catching that! Looks like I had an extra! With the Default theme, there is usually 2 .cods associated with it -- the files are different though -- one of them will end with _t_04.cod and the other _t.cod

I fixed it already, I can re post the links tomorrow if youd like -- -working on my .497 Hybrid right now :-)
    Last edited by tank244; 02-16-10 at 01:36 AM.
    02-15-10 11:45 PM
    When I first installed your hybrid I had a pretty bad memory leak. I went from 38.6MB to 31.5MB in 7 hours. After I removed the extra theme .cod my memory is rock solid. I started at 41.0MB and I am at 40.8MB 9 hours later.
    02-16-10 09:07 AM
    How do you load this over the .419 OS for my 9530?
    02-16-10 05:39 PM
    How do you load this over the .419 OS for my 9530?
    Just replace the java folder with my java folder ...run app loader.

I'd get bbsak to wipe phone but back up first.

U can select LOAD OS in bbsak also and it will open app loader and delete any vendor files.

02-16-10 06:40 PM
    Just replace the java folder with my java folder ...run app loader.

I'd get bbsak to wipe phone but back up first.

U can select LOAD OS in bbsak also and it will open app loader and delete any vendor files.

Got it working now.
    02-16-10 09:10 PM
    So realistically ...... Is installing a hybrid something that a moderately knowledged person can or should do?

I have never used bbsak or shrink an OS but have managed to pull out my MSL#. So I am starting to grasp this stuff...... I think..... Lol..... Just don't want to screw up my storm.... I would be lost without it....

02-17-10 12:07 AM
    So realistically ...... Is installing a hybrid something that a moderately knowledged person can or should do?

I have never used bbsak or shrink an OS but have managed to pull out my MSL#. So I am starting to grasp this stuff...... I think..... Lol..... Just don't want to screw up my storm.... I would be lost without it....

02-17-10 12:19 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD