Made BY A STORM 2 USER FOR A STORM 2 USER! FOR ALL STORMS ! 95X0

YOU WILL LOVE THIS HYBRID! :-)

Fast Browser, GREAT CLICK and Great battery life --- and NO keyboard lag !

The Links are below! 2 links now...Shrunk and UnShrunk Versions!

Shrunk Version has the "Removed Files" Folder so you may add what you want.

UN-Shrunk Version has all languages, etc. Also comes with "Shrink-an-OS" program! (Thanx Lyricidal)

The downloaded file is a self-extracting .exe file so you way extract it to where you JAVA Folder already is and overwrite or just extract it to your Desktop then overwrite the JAVA Folder yourself ---Un-Shrunk version will have Shrink-An-Os app.

SHRUNK --- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

UN-SHRUNK -- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is the Full .484 JAVA

17 - .464 Files
    5 - .459 Files
    1 - .451 Files
    3 - .436 Files

Base to Use:

9520 users: 436
    9550 users: 428

9530 users: 419
    9500 users: 451

Please Report any issues at all!

Thanks ,
    Last edited by tank244; 02-15-10 at 12:17 AM.
    02-14-10 04:39 PM
    How can you tell what files to use ? I put together one that used 4 different files then today I used just .484 and .483 and everything seems to be working great, even the browser. Guess its just personal preference huh ?
    02-14-10 04:45 PM
    How can you tell what files to use ? I put together one that used 4 different files then today I used just .484 and .483 and everything seems to be working great, even the browser. Guess its just personal preference huh ?
    :-) -- its a bit more involved than that my friend ha -- anyone can throw stuff together and hope it works -- Id need a few hours to explain it all to ya - :-)

Give this Hybrid a try, I think you will really like it !
    02-14-10 05:03 PM
    :-) -- its a bit more involved than that my friend ha -- anyone can throw stuff together and hope it works -- Id need a few hours to explain it all to ya - :-)

Give this Hybrid a try, I think you will really like it !
    I really would like to learn the basics and give it a try. Is there a link or guide?
    If you get bored one day give me a basic run down.
    02-14-10 05:09 PM
    I really would like to learn the basics and give it a try. Is there a link or guide?
    If you get bored one day give me a basic run down.
    No link or guide that I know of. But yeah, I could do that - its just finding the time :-)

Thanks for the support though!
    02-14-10 05:23 PM
    Anyone on a 9530 tried this yet? Also OP is the 3G symbol in this one?
    02-14-10 07:26 PM
    Would like to know if anyone in a 9530 tryed it and the 3g symbol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 09:38 PM
    Yeah I would like to know that to anyone ?

Does it have the .303 BB ribbon app cuas that one is not a good match!
    Brings a password app with lock button delay and disables autolock apps which suck bollas.

02-14-10 10:08 PM
    UN-SHRUNK VERSION LINK----This also comes with the "Shrink-An-OS" Program so you may keep or Shrink what you want.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If you usually Shrink most everything then this is the Shrunk Version again--

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by tank244; 02-15-10 at 12:43 AM.
    02-14-10 11:50 PM
    Ok, I'm in the process of loading this up as we speak. I will report back as soon as I know something.

Edit: The 1XEV is back. I had the 3G symbol before. Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Edit 2/15/10: I downloaded the 3G patch from bbhybrids and the 3G symbol is now back.

The browser does seem to be faster. It loads up the crackberry web site much faster than before. It seems to be about as fast as Opera Mini 5 Beta.

I don't have as much memory. Before I would boot up with 40+MB and now I boot up with 37.7MB. Still not too bad. Will have to see how it holds through out the day.

Typing on this hybrid is great. Super fast and very accurate. This is the best thing about this install yet.

The About screen reads v5.0.0.484

That's it for now. I will update as I find out more stuff.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 02-15-10 at 11:46 PM.
    02-15-10 12:04 AM
    Ok, I'm in the process of loading this up as we speak. I will report back as soon as I know something.
    Awesome ! Sounds good man!
    02-15-10 12:40 AM
    post back some feedback! i am debating on if i wanna install right now
    02-15-10 12:42 AM
    Updated. See post #10. I did this mainly to subscribe. I want to see results from other people.
    02-15-10 12:48 AM
    im using .464 right now,,and its pretty gud soo far,,,is this one better???
    02-15-10 12:49 AM

Edit: The 1XEV is back. I had the 3G symbol before. Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

The browser does seem to be faster. It loads up the crackberry web site much faster than before. It seems to be about as fast as Opera Mini 5 Beta.

I don't have as much memory. Before I would boot up with 40+MB and now I boot up with 37.7MB. Still not too bad. Will have to see how it holds through out the day.

Typing on this hybrid is great. Super fast and very accurate. This is the best thing about this install yet.

The About screen reads v5.0.0.484

That's it for now. I will update as I find out more stuff.

Did you download the Shrunk version or the Un Shrunk version and shrank yourself?

Glad you like it so far -- Ill look into getting you back your 3G symbol --- I have a 9550 so Ill see what i can do --- :-) -- still miss my Storm 1 every now and then, I had the click just right before I sold it :-(
    02-15-10 01:07 AM
    im using .464 right now,,and its pretty gud soo far,,,is this one better???
    Has the .484 JAVA Folder --- there are some .464 files in there and others -- but the .484 is just faster over all -- faster typing with no lag -- great Browser speed (.464 Browser is great also, it wasnt compatible with .484) and better memory stability!

Forgot to mention...BATTERY LIFE is GREAT!
    Last edited by tank244; 02-15-10 at 01:18 AM.
    02-15-10 01:10 AM
    installing now be back in a bit to post some feedback thanks for your work on this !
    02-15-10 01:22 AM
    i downloaded, extracted, and replaced the java folder with the one extracted and go into apploader but shows no update to install?
    02-15-10 01:38 AM
    i downloaded, extracted, and replaced the java folder with the one extracted and go into apploader but shows no update to install?
    Uninstall any OS's on your PC the go to crogramfiles/comoonfile/researchinmotion/shared -- and then delete any leftover folders

back up your phone with Desktop Manager
    back Up Apps with BBSAK

do a clean install of .419

WIPE Phone with BBSAK
    INSTALL JAVA Folder from my Hybrid
    Shrink if you want (if you installed UnShrunk Version)
    Use BBSAK and Select LOAD OS - it will Open APP LOADER (it will automatically delete Vendor.xml File)
    You should be good --- (to be safe, turn of Internet Connection during install)

If you dont have BBSAK , here is the link - http://rimgeeks.com/download.php?f=B..._Installer.msi
    02-15-10 01:55 AM
    to be extra safe --- after installing your base OS -- drag the JAVA Folder from .419 into the Recycle Bin and delete - then drag and drop the Hybrid JAVA

It is important that you wipe the phone using BBSAK - its a low level wipe, it blanks the phone
    02-15-10 01:59 AM
    Did you download the Shrunk version or the Un Shrunk version and shrank yourself?

Glad you like it so far -- Ill look into getting you back your 3G symbol --- I have a 9550 so Ill see what i can do --- :-) -- still miss my Storm 1 every now and then, I had the click just right before I sold it :-(
    I installed the shrunk version. I did not do a wipe this time and it seemed to install just fine. I guess I could wipe my phone and do a reinstall if you think that it is necessary. This seems to be a pretty solid hybrid.

You should have started this thread in the Storm OS Discussion thread. That is where the other hybrid threads are. More people might see it in there. Maybe a MOD can move it if you ask.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 02-15-10 at 07:18 AM.
    02-15-10 07:14 AM
    Dang, i just loaded 484v2 by OOAK...
    02-15-10 08:23 AM
    I installed the shrunk version. I did not do a wipe this time and it seemed to install just fine. I guess I could wipe my phone and do a reinstall if you think that it is necessary. This seems to be a pretty solid hybrid.

You should have started this thread in the Storm OS Discussion thread. That is where the other hybrid threads are. More people might see it in there. Maybe a MOD can move it if you ask.
    I will thanx!

02-15-10 11:05 AM
    Dang, i just loaded 484v2 by OOAK...
    try this after!

Last edited by tank244; 02-15-10 at 11:13 AM.
    02-15-10 11:06 AM
    Installing now. I'll give a review in a little while...
    02-15-10 01:15 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD